Beastlord gear for starting SoL

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Quik, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Quik Augur

I was trying to find guides for Beastlords and TLP's (Yelinek specifically) but having very little luck.

I was hoping some people might chime in here.

What I am looking for is BiS gear for a Bst at SoL launch. So what from Classic/Kunark/Velious is going to be the best to put on a lvl 1 Bst and lvl him to 60 with? Maybe even an item that is a little more budget friendly.

I will have around 12 Krono to blow on gear, but would rather keep a few for grabbing higher lvl stuff from Luclin laster on.

I know they can't wear a fungi, but I do have a Withered Leather Tunic and I figured that would be a good option if I can't grab a PSC before Luclin drops.

I was leaning to Captains Mallet or Croaking Dirk, but what about the Steel Hilted Flint Dagger?

I have GEB's, but should I look for something different?

I am not considering Wild Lords gear because I don't think it starts dropping until SoL drops.

Any recomendations?
  2. Alnitak Augur

Long long LONG time ago, in PoP era, I was leveling up a solo beastlord in Luclin zones.
    Gear didn't matter much, except weapons. The warder did the tanking.
    DPS mattered, and mana. So, get yourself a Primal Velium / Ancient 1hb or h2h. It proces Avatar (+100 to stats) on top of being awesome 15 dmg/20 dly weapon. It will max most of your stats, so only look for AC/HP/Mana on gear, pick what you find. Luclin gear is much better than Kunark/Velious.
    And start working on Luclin gear quests: 50 AC gear is quite useful, and BST epic offhand will be a good weapon until PoP raid weapons.