No Changes to VP Key

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gheed, Jul 23, 2022.

1. MileyVyrus Elder

They could remove the need for a key to enter the DZ.... Or do nothing to leave the time sink to keep you engaged & subscribed. They win either way.

I've bothered with 0 VP Keys or Kunark epics in expansion last half dozen tlps -- it makes kunark so much better and you get to laugh at everyone running continually into the same wall getting angrier.

If VP is 1/100th as important to you as VT, you are punishing yourself by rolling a melee too early in a tlp cycle. You have yourself to blame.
  2. Ranari Journeyman

Bolded part made me laugh out loud, really loud.

But hey man, people are passionate about this game. There are multiple eras of this game, and there is a different audience for each one. If streamlining the experience from Classic to Live is the goal, then there is A LOT Daybreak can do to improve that experience. You guys talk a lot about the LVL70 slog, and I look back and think to myself, "Well shoot, that's me..." I was a top end raider during DoDH and I just felt the game had entered into a weird state.

That said, this is also a 20+ year old game and it's effectively become two games no matter how you shake it. Daybreak could do A LOT to maximize the TLP experience with fixing/adding new content and polishing everything it could to make it better, all the while simultaneously increasing the number of players who make it to live.

I see it as a win/win. If players want the same-ole, there's always P99.
    TheAgenda likes this.
  3. TheAgenda Augur

Yes indeed. I'd love to see it become one game and one community again though, personally. A lot of good QoL stuff has been done over the last several years. A lot more can and hopefully will be done. Making VP more accessible in-era seems like a no-brainer to me. I think the reasonable middle ground is leaving the quest in, and making some hefty spawn/trigger increases.
  4. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I heard a rumor they are going to implement a marketplace item to bypass key quests. Look for the Gnomish Non-questing Override Control Key, or GNOCK, to be available for a nominal fee in a fiscal quarter near you.
    Erekai likes this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

They'd probably sell tons if they actually made this, could even era lock it and still sell tons each expac.
  6. Hrum New Member

People are paying 3 and 4 Krono for loot rights to just parts of the VP key. I'm certain they'd make money on that.
  7. Kaillie New Member

As scummy as just straight buying the key from the marketplace would be, I would take it over the current situation.
  8. TheAgenda Augur

If they sold keys from the marketplace I would unsub and walk away just on principle
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

:rolleyes:
  10. TheAgenda Augur

Feel free to screenshot, quote, whatever for the future if it ever happens. You can have my stuff too. Got a few houses full of TS mats and collects but nothing else tradable of real value.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Why haven't you quit over heroic characters on principle then? It's the same concept, pay a bit of money to skip tedious and unfun parts. You can do it just fine without paying, but on your 3rd alt or 4th TLP why not pay to skip some levels/tedious keying?
  12. TheAgenda Augur

Everyone may have a different place where they draw the line in the sand. I could put some thought into it and give you some bulleted list of why heroics don't bother me, but I'm not interested in writing it, and I'm sure you're not interested in reading it.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Haha Fair Enough.
  14. Yendys New Member

I mean, i think the mention of the keys appearing on the market place was tongue in cheek exaggeration. Either way... I am astounded at the silence on the issue from CMs/Devs. Clearly no one on TLPs is enjoying this.
  15. TheAgenda Augur

The good 'ol DPG modus operandi
    Ayyo likes this.
  16. Rcbauer Augur

Probably not as astounded as they are about the constant whining about a key that leads to a terrible zone with bad loot.

You should have tried it back in the day with no picks.
  17. fptackle New Member

Then there's no reason not to unlock it easier!
  18. Gheed Is not reading your response

Cool man, you did the key back when there were no picks. Were all really impressed at how irrelevant that is.

These posts read like when my grandpa told me about "back in his day".
    Erekai, Hrum and PatCleric like this.
  19. Triconix Augur

Yes, the zone has terribly itemized loot. The encounters themselves are all pretty boring "hide behind a corner before an AE goes out." With that being said, what would be the problem to make the key easier? If the zone is so bad (I personally think it is for loot-goal oriented reasons), why be so adamant on keeping the key quest the way it is. It's a toxic waste of time, just make it easier. Problem solved. No harm no foul.

The zone itself and lore around it is pretty cool. From those aspects, VP is a top notch design. Unfortunately the loot couldn't follow in its footsteps. It is what it is. Ideally the devs would redesign some of the loot (or add new loot) to boost the usefulness, enjoyability, and repeatability factors of VP. I'm very doubtful that will happen.

As for the key, changes like this require a at least a couple monthly scheduled patches to take place. By the time that happens, VP will be an afterthought for Yelinak. The best possible outcome is to help future TLPs by revamping the VP key.
    Hrum and PatCleric like this.
  20. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Yeah I don’t even play on TLPs and haven’t since Aradune. So I don’t have a horse in this race. But I’d like to see the VP key fixed up, because it just doesn’t fit in well with how TLPs and the whole of EQ operate in the 2020s. Fixing it would do right by both the players and the game as a whole
    Erekai likes this.