Help with stat prioritization

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Svelto, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Svelto New Member

Good morning. I am/was a Project 1999 player, and I played Everquest originally up to just before the Luclin expansion, so that's where my knowledge is. After coming back to original EQ, there's been a lot to catch up on and I've spent a great deal of time learning all about what I've missed, scouring the Internet and reading.

I have a simple question, or I hope it is. During my time back, I've had a great time slowly leveling up and have 3 characters in the 60s, including a Shaman which I consider my main. I just wanted to ask what stats on equipment I should be focusing on? Using raidloot.com, I can sort using mana, manaregen, and so much more. What should be my focus as I begin to leave defiant armor behind? I play on Firiona if that matters. Also bonus point if anyone can chime in on the same question as it pertains to a Necro or Druid. Thanks for your time.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

So...your gear and food/drink should have the base stats covered to max by now. Now you will want to start looking at heroic stats and hit points and mana.

Since shaman can do the canni dance, most start focusing on heroic stamina and hit points for gear choices since the more hps, the more conversion to mana you can do. Heroic wisdom will boost your mana so it's not a bad thing to also keep in mind (along with mana). But I'd focus on hit points then heroic stamina if you have choices.

Necros are the same in general, except heroic intelligence instead of wisdom (there might be more necros on the heroic int/mana train these days at the top end). Druids are mana hogs once you get your big dot so I'd probably start mana/heroic wisdom first, hitpoints/heroic stamina second.

Since each new level of gear is a noticeable upgrade, I wouldn't fret too much within a tier's numbers. And being on FV, you should have a number of choices. Don't be afraid to ask if anyone has any level appropriate gear lying around for you to use if the bazaar seems light at your level.
    code-zero likes this.
  3. bigpapa Augur

at level 70 you can start upgrading to TBM ( the broken mirror expansion gears ) at lv 70 they are similar as the defiant but at level 75 you can put augments in them and can upgrade the augments every 5 levels up to lv 105 ( you keep the gears and upgrade augm.'s ).

https://tbm.eqresource.com/

i can help you there when you reach lv 70 if you want, what is your toon name in fv?
    code-zero likes this.
  4. Alnitak Augur

5. Svelto New Member

Thank you all for the responses. I haven't been able to play much lately due to work, but the little I've logged on I've begun acquiring equipment from the bazaar for later based on the responses.

Bigpapa: My toon's name is Rhumgar and I appreciate the offer for help. Just not sure when I can dedicate much time in the next couple of weeks.
  6. Tucoh Augur

+1 vote for TBM gear that bigpapa posted. It's cheap to get and doesn't require a ton of research to figure out how to upgrade.