Death, Death, Death 2022

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rezzie, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Rezzie New Member

Has anyone completed this mission through Quarm this year (no key-ring buffs or other aids)?

Our group has tried this quite a few times with a variety of classes but the best we have done was to get past one Warder in Sleepers Tomb before running out of time. Regen on the Warders is remarkably high.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Completed the next to last achievement, Doombringer, in 2020 (defeat Vulak, four Warders, and Statue) using no cheese methods. The event hasn't changed in any way since then. It took quite a few tries.

Warder regen is indeed huge. GINA timers for their AE effects are helpful. Send one player in to eat the first AE, then everyone else run in and burn it down ASAP while dodging AE's. One warder in particular (I forget which, sorry) the regen is such a big issue that if you fail to kill it during your initial burn, you'll simply run out of mana and be screwed watching it regen back up.

I am of the opinion that defeating Quarm is truly impossible in the event's current state without using exploit methods. I'm aware those exploits are out there and some groups are still using them to defeat Quarm, but personally I don't see any fun in using those methods to get an optional achievement.

I'd love to see a video of a group actually beating Quarm with no exploits in the post-keyring buff nerf era.
    Rezzie likes this.
  3. Wulfhere Augur

Quarm is simply a DPS check event. Bring the deeps.
  4. Ythera Augur

I spent an evening having fun with this event with a guild crew and we eventually were able to get to Quarm but he totally demolished us with his huge attacks and we only put a little dent in him before we ran out of mana and he regenerated to full.

A necromancer seems like a must since the dot and lifetap damage are really high. Damage shields can do a ton of damage, too. I think our final group was: warrior, cleric, necromancer, Druid, bard, shadow knight.
    Knifen and Rezzie like this.
  5. Knifen Augur

Good info Ythera, that event is fun but irksome at times when the regen overcomes dps
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I like the event but the RNG on the loot makes it feel like most of the runs are near impossible without exploits. I don't think it's worth the effort of reworking the event but something that would allow you to pick an item from each boss might make it more feasible for people to progress further more reliably.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  7. Windance Augur

A couple years ago we did DDD as a guild thing. Was crazy trying to keep up as people were rushing ahead and others lagging behind.
  8. Ythera Augur

I figured it was supposed to be like a rogue-like mini game and I enjoy it for that. One of the aspects of rogue-like games is that you can't always win and the challenge is just to get as far as you can that run on what you have, then maybe the next run coughs up the perfect combination of stuff that lets you complete it.
  9. Knifen Augur

Since there is no major reward just the ach flags that we are going after, they should remove the anniversary flag from it and just leave it available year round to try.
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

You've beaten Quarm in the post-keyring nerf era without cheesing in extra items?
  11. Knifen Augur

With all the cheese ways of actually beating this fixed/removed. Any chance to get this looked at maybe at least before next years run. Seems way overpowered to get all that done in the time limits provided without the keyring cheese. Or put the buffs back in.
  12. error Augur

Fun event, pretty challenging, would like to see more seasonal content like this. Just maybe a little more effort put into cheese-proofing and some tweaks to starter equipment templates to bring weaker classes up to par.