Can we tweak the lagpile?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maxex, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

They could make an aura in that particular spot, with high mana-regen and spell-haste(so that casting times are instant).

Sometimes a little "nudging" is all it takes....:)
    Stymie and Bernel like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Or they just put the buffing NPCs in that room and kick anyone who is AFK more than 30 minutes. Lag pile gone!
    Stymie likes this.
  3. Koshk Augur

I like this idea. My gripe isn't that we have lag piles. It's the location of the piles.
    • On early TLP, the pile is traditionally at the Commonlands tunnel. While not always avoidable, this is the most-convenient location, versus the next ones...
    • Once Luclin releases, the pile moves to Nexus. This can be awful. Whenever teleported by a Druid/Wizard to Nexus, you're immediately dumped in the middle of the pile. :eek: I've occasionally been completely stuck, unable to move. Had to ask a Mage to CoH me out. Can be pretty funny. Unless you've got somewhere you really need to be (raid meetup)
    • When PoP releases, the pile relocates to the 2 PoK banks. Better. However, anyone in PoK that wants to bank is essentially forced to contend with the pile.
    • Finally, the pile moves to the Guild Lobby. This is my least favorite of all. Because anyone that wants to visit their Guild Hall, use a corpse summoner, or the Magus, is forced to deal with the lag.
    If certain portions of zones were covered in a blanket of "silence" (middle of Nexus, PoK banks, main part of Guild Lobby), this would force the lag piles to move to other, less-inconvenient locations.
    Stymie likes this.
  4. Zolav Augur

The game simply needs to after a time set you to /afk... then log a player out if they are afk a certain period of time after that.

Lag piles are ZERO interaction. Its just a bunch of people.. most of whom don't actually play the game sit around and take up space/resources.
    Vumad and Yinla like this.
  5. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Make AFK players in the guild lobby PVP targetable after 2 hours. Even more spicy allow 1 random piece of gear to be lootable off their bodies.

Lag fest will be eliminated quickly.
  6. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Obviously you were not being serious, but that would be a fun way to transfer no-trade gear to another character.

/tell Deux "I finally got that sword last night! Want my old one? Come kill me in PoK at our spot in 2 hours. I'll take everything off except the sword."
    Deux tells you, 'Awesome. I'll be there.'
  7. Koshk Augur

Hmm. This could just be a clever ploy. So Ravanta can run around mostly-naked in front of Deux...
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This sounds kinda odd. You got players in the lobby complaining about too many players in the guild lobby and yet what are they doing in the guild lobby themselves?

Do you really need to be there? I mean you can port to your guild hall, port to your house, yes port to throne and head right out the door, port to the soul binder in POK, etc - you don't need to be in the lobby that much.

Maybe if it is too laggy then you should be the one to leave? Part of the problem or part of the solution?

Is it better to have all your buddies congregate outside the lobby door at the big tree by Teek so you block others trying to zone into POK near the door or block them trying to get Teeks daily. On my server (Tunare) there is a group that is always there and all of their little pets, mercs, horses, big mac wrappers block free movement to get to Teek or right when you port to that spot. They could just move to the wall and be totally out of the way.

Its annoying but so are long lines at concerts etc. Like someone mentioned earlier, your computer can affect this a lot.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Enable pvp in Plane of Knowledge and Guild Lobby. Tradeskilling just got more exciting!
    Knifen likes this.