DoN Faction From Threateningly

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Atomos, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Atomos Augur

New to post-PoP EQ, so playing Dragons of Norrath for the first time. For those that had played previous TLPs, I am wondering how bad starting with the threateningly faction is. How long does it take to get caught up? If my math is correct it takes 25 solo tasks to get to where you'd be if you chose your apprehensively faction instead.

Also, what kind of impact will Mischief's much higher population have on DoN? I'm told the kill quests can be done in a raid, but the loot quests would be meh.
  2. Numiko Augur

25-30 sounds about right, but you only do progression in DON for the AA's and the spells, all the loot is pretty poor other then Vish stuff if you are already raid geared and even that gear is just a small improvement over Anguish level items.

The Final turn in quest class items are nice though.
  3. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Some of my box group was opposite faction and I converted them all over for DoN, I don't recall it being bad at all if you're running the early group missions, it basically just added one more faction step.
  4. Gheed Is not reading your response

Same here. I don't think it was too bad although I don't remember exactly how many missions it took or anything like that.

The loot quests for flagging might be a headache the first couple days but I don't imagine you'll have a hard time doing them after that.
    PatCleric likes this.
  5. MischiefTLP Augur

It only matters that the person who requests has the faction, so unless your whole group/raid is on the "wrong" faction the only difference is that you'll be holding progression items in your bag a little longer until you can turn them in for the AA.
  6. Zerker Journeyman

You can do neutral solo tasks in -some- of the group missions! Froathing Drake Blood in Grounding the Drakes, for example, I think it was.