Perm Invis Feedback

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orcen, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Bobokin Augur

I asked for a better Cloudy Potion months ago.

It is funny that Mages and Necros want everything, but they belittle most requests for melee classes.
    Orcen likes this.
  2. Astral64 Augur

I made no argument against the idea. However it is very clear that some people in this thread did not know that trick. I even said it is not ideal in the very first line of my post.

I'm all for new invis abilities.

[IMG]
    Vumad likes this.
  3. Orcen Elder

I do that w cloudy potions and an a text trigger. (Audio triggers don't work well for the deaf) but it doesnt help when the wife distracts you for a couple minutes, and you miss the invis fading message, huh? Or if you just need to afk for a minute or two.
  4. Orcen Elder

Philter of Concealment has been failing early. Dont think its fixed duration. Thougjht it was until several fails recently.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

It uses SPA 314 with typical values so it shouldn't be any different then other casts of Improved Invisibility. You must be taking some action to break your invis before its duration (10 minutes in this case).

If you're right, then it's a bug.
    minimind likes this.
  6. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

These are two items that came out while I was on an 11 year break, so I am unfamiliar with them. I checked Allakhazam and can't find answers for three questions.
    1-2. Ethernere Machine. Can this be activated until you have all of the effects, or does one effect fade if another is cast? How long do each of the effects last?
    3. Potion of Windspeed - I see it's available in Valdeholm, but don't see if it it's buyable, and by whom or if it's dropped, and by what.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.
  7. Tiadashi New Member

I vote no (not that this is a poll 8P) - I like the idea of keeping unique aspects to the various classes intact as possible - its been "dumbed" down enough imo
    Koshk likes this.
  8. Zelena Journeyman

2 items I farm for classes that can't invis.

Mask of Vanishing (Lair of the Korlach: Taking control mission) 5 second cast invis (can break early).
    May take anywhere from 1 to 20 clears but worth it.

Bone Earring of Evasion (Va Xi Aten Ha Ra or fabled version) Fixed IVU so it will last the duration.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

Ethernere Machine randomly casts 1 of 3 effects. One effect is Time Blink which is invis + runspeed. The recast delay is much longer then the buffs. It's a gimmick item made with tradeskills (one of several unique/curious items in CotF tradeskills).

Potion of Windspeed is the result of an exploration quest (in Frostcrypt) that takes you to the undead and live areas both. It can be done with IVU and SoS (live ice golems can see).
    Wdor likes this.
  10. Stymie Pendragon

There was a time when they first came out that using them too often, in a short period of time, would make you sick and unable to use more. They would often fail after 10-30 seconds, or sometimes even go full duration.

I don't think that's the case anymore, or is it still in the game? I know I haven't had it happen in a long time. There were also a number of years prior to the introduction of potions to consider.

My feedback is that I'd like for the potions to stack to 100, but I also think that invis is in a good place as it stands.
  11. Shillingworth Augur

I don't remember this game ever having potion sickness. Exist in other games I play but EQ generally seems to use the reuse timers to limit our usage of things.

Why does everyone hate the idea of being able to travel in this game so much? What is so game breaking about being able to get around? I guess everyone has to box a timed invis caster, I mean it doesn't cost anything at all to box a char anyway.
  12. Iven Antonius Bayle

The best thing would be to merge all classes into one that has all currently available abilities, discs, spells and skills, and everyone could use up to five mercs to compensate the lack of players and groups. And of course every PC should have GM skills and access to Sunset Home to compensate the lack of GMs, all progression unlocked, all achievements unlocked, etc. I think that EQ is on a good way to there already.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Well...NO!
    Stymie and Yinla like this.
  14. Piemastaj Augur

Yeah, because hard content is running through zones....

I would much rather difficult missions, trash mobs, named ect than devs worrying about what zones need IVU or Regular Invis. Tedious things make this game less enjoyable.
    Viper1 and Nennius like this.
  15. Stymie Pendragon

It took a little bit of digging, but I found a reference to what I was remembering back in 04' about the failures and penalties involved with using cloudy potions at the time.

I'm not against freedom of travel at all. I said that I think that upping the stack to 100 would be a good thing. It would free up bag/bank space that's being wasted on the classes that can't cast the spells today.
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Vumad Cape Wearer

All zones in an expansion should be easily navigated with one type of invis. Simply, it facilitates grouping. People should be able to get to their groups quickly and easily. Problem zone examples are new Gorowyn, Ka Vathen post body type changes, Shadow Valley, etc.

Some exceptions for mobs that can see invis are reasonable, but only when there is an easily navigated path around, like simply waiting a short duration for it to path away from the path a player would take (such as inside of a building). Mobs of this type should be recognizable, such as the Kaz'ok mobs and the Chardoki in Gorowyn that have different models than the other mobs (apologies for my name spelling)

Only the last zone in an expansion should ever be difficult to navigate if at all, and such a zone should never be a travel zone, or used as a gateway to another expansion making it a travel zone later. Some exceptions may occur, such as VP and Gorowyn both being end zones, but with Gorowyn being navigable while VP is not works, since Gorowyn is needed for Flagging VP but VP is just VP.

Need for dual invis or SoS should be a rare exception reserved for final zones, and those not working should never be anywhere except in isolated parts of those final zones.

The only time moving around should be overly difficult is in situations in which a task would only be completed by a full group that has the option to clear the area. Examples would be a tunnel in a zone where nothing is at the end except a named camp, or inside of an instanced mission a group formed to complete.

Travel zones should never be hard to navigate. We are definitely at a point in the game and the lore where we shouldn't need audio triggers and such to work around junk potions. Just bottle the perma invis and sell it at a premium.
    Stymie likes this.
  17. Sebbina Augur

Shroud of Steam. I kind of wish i had got it on all my accounts, instead of just one.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  18. Chorus Augur

heh...we have people talking about parts of the game being boring, then asking for abilities that would require even less interaction making more of the game less immersive. Frankly there are too many invis abilities and they need to be removed. It's the opposite of QoL if it removes immersion, and having too many of these abilities out there certainly accomplishes this.

Look how bland everything became when faction no longer mattered. Everyone just happily funnels into wherever they want, even if they aren't tolerable to the locals. That was also a bad move imo for the same reason.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because it is such a bad thing for people to be able to move safely though a zone in order to get to a group they are joining or to where they want to play.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. Laronk Augur

As a paladin I've always liked the limited invis, it makes me feel like I'm sneaking around. Mixed invis in a zone? Oh no we have to clear some of these mobs instead of the caster in my group popping group invis and we instantly get to the other named. It adds flavor, really a lot of people who have trouble aren't paying attention.
    Koshk likes this.