Overseer QOL requests

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vumad, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Bernel Augur

For the bulk convert, they could have an item you purchase from the Overseer vendor to do it if they don't want you to use it all the time. Once you have dozens or hundreds of dups, it would be worthwhile to buy the de-dup item with Overseer currency. Claim it and all the converts happen. Duplicate elites are converted to echos. That would get rid of a huge annoyance and give us something useful to spend the currency on.

Or maybe the Overseer vendor itself could do the de-dup with a quest. He could charge X Tetradrachms per convert. Give him 100X and he'll do 100 converts.
  2. Windance Augur

Personally, I'd like to see them add an option to gain AA directly from retiring agents;

1x = common
    3x = uncommon
    9x = rare
    27x = elite

To keep people from just stock piling agents for the next expansion, make it so you can only retire say 60x AA per day.

It's low enough not to be game changing, and yet high enough to encourage people to get rid of their extra agents.
    Bernel likes this.
  3. Shillingworth Augur

I would be happy with just being able to hit the complete button without noticeable lag before I can click complete for the next one. That one step is really slow for no particular reason.
    Fenthen and Spacemonkey555 like this.
  4. Spacemonkey555 Augur

I’m guessing the server doesn’t calculate your wins losses and agents incapacitated until that point, so your client sends a message to the server to make 7+ rolls at once each time you click on a complete mission. Would be much nicer if when you logged in or typed /ov the server would calculate the results in the background for all missions in one transaction. Should be no problem for a server that handles 30 attacks in a second.
    Vumad likes this.
  5. Windance Augur

With respect to lag I suspect when you submit your request the client waits for some acknowledgement from the server, kind of like when you do a request to search the bazar. The server then has to load up your agent/quest lists, process the request and send back the updates. While its not a lot of processing by itself, its another one of those things that adds up when you have 1000's of clients.

The achievement window has similar issues when you go to compare achievements.
  6. Jennre Band Leader

Maybe DB should implement an auto-win everquest button. Oh, wait, some people would complain about having to actually press the button...

Sure, it's absolutely tedious clicking buttons and checking boxes in overseer, so is camping collections, so is farming augs, farming gear/coin from missions, strategizing raids, moving through large zones to join a group, etc.

You don't have to play Overseer. There is nothing that it grants that you can't get through gameplay (except agents for overseer). In the grand scheme of things, it makes farming TS/Collections easier, it gives bonus exp that could take hours in-game to get, etc. If you don't like it, don't use it.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

People like the rewards but not the work required to get there. Sounds familiar.
  8. Jennre Band Leader

Far be it from me to tell people how to have fun. Do whatever you want. I have scooped rot, looted ores, augs, etc.

The most rewarding things I have were hard earned. I still have my akanon badge in the bank, for example. Will I ever use it again? No way. Damn, I need to clean out my bank ...
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Zunnoab Augur

I don't think asking things like converting extra agents being less tedious is comparable to asking for a one click "win" button, though some of the replies did come close
    Velisaris_MS and Barton like this.