Please remove truebox limit from Aradune.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Viceversa, Jul 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Lest they know who you are
    Love them from afar
    Without consent
    Your advances must relent
  2. Magician9001 Augur

The irony that you basically list all the things about large boxing/botting that you don't like but feel the people that signed up for 2 boxing should be forced to deal with those things from people that 6 box.

You're arguing that the people that ruined Aradune should now have the ruleset changed to benefit them.
    Rhythar likes this.
  3. Viceversa Elder

Did you sign up to 2 box?
  4. Captain Video Augur

If you rolled on the server, you signed up to 2-box. There was a pop-up box on the character select screen; when you clicked it, you acknowledged you understood that rule. Any other interpretation of what that box meant is a stupidity fail.
  5. Viceversa Elder

Wasn't why I was asking that question but thanks captain obvious.
  6. Whitesoul Journeyman

I'd like to take a look at the numbers on this....and they really knew how to make Rizlona a graveyard pretty quick. I'm sure they didn't that on purpose lol.
  7. Samueru Journeyman

No one is arguing this point. Also, you can't clear TSS group content with any class combo.
  8. Triconix Augur

Rizlona still hits high pop during peak hours. If Riz is a graveyard, what does that make TB? Mars?

Cleaning up trash who use the 3rd party software isn't unique to Rizlona. You know that, right?
    Lanffear likes this.
  9. Trenaf New Member

Remove the box limit. Pointless after pop
    Zapsos likes this.
  10. Vision New Member

At this point in the game, there is no reason do have any kind of boxing rules honestly. The majority of things are done via instance minus a small amount of progression. How boxing even hurting anyone
  11. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Truebox needs to be relaxed, and what was being discussed by Accendo is just that. Allowing more than one client on each machine, I think 2-3 clients per machine was discussed.

Keeping truebox as it is (one client per machine) and raising Aradune specific rules was not mentioned. I don't see any issues with raising the limit, but unless you ALSO relax Truebox, I think it is, at most, a half measure. Not everyone wants (or should have to) go buy multiple laptops to facilitate playing more than one character in a 23 year old game. Especially not when so many people could run 2-3 clients on one machine with ease.

I hope they move forward with the relaxing of truebox for the new servers, and I hope we get the same treatment after their experiment. Even if it only means being able to run 2 clients on one machine, I will see that as a win. Truebox makes no sense at this point of the server. Period.

I am curious if you would support relaxing truebox and allowing 3 clients per machine if it meant that the box limit on Aradune were raised to 3 instead of 2. Would this be something you would be in favor of? Why or why not?
  12. I'm Not A Robot Lorekeeper

I really wanted to experience TSS for the 1st time ever, so I have been leveling a few things up on Aradune now since it launched. I am a new player to the server, I'm not an alt with high level characters to buff and power lvl myself with.

There is absolutely zero possibility of getting groups to level up with. The expectation just seems to be "join a guild and ask them to power level you". I don't have a clue what guild I would want to join yet and I also don't want to get power leveled anyways, I like to put in the work myself because it gives me that sense of accomplishment in the game.

Yes, you can still level up solo depending on the class you are playing, but not every class is well suited for it. I'm going to have to grind out a bunch of AAs now too, but it sounds like the bulk of the player base already went into TSS with 140 AA's banked and don't need to do a ton of exp grinding anymore.

I have some extra laptops if needed. Would be super nice if I could at least run 3 or 4 at once to be able to get leveled up and grind out some AAs to try to catch up a bit to everyone else now. I don't want to box all of the time so I definitely don't want to go play on Rizlona instead, seems like pretty much everyone just runs their own 6 box their outside of raids.

I don't want them to drop the Truebox aspect, I just want to be able to level up and catch up in a decent amount of time now.
    Viceversa likes this.
  13. Captain Video Augur

Since you don't say what class you want to main, it's impossible to offer specific advice here. On the forums, classes tend to get rated for solo ability based on what happens at 85+, and TSS only goes to 75. I've done TSS content several times personally, and I don't agree that any classes are excluded from being able to solo to cap. It will require learning the ins and outs of how to play your class, you won't get there simply by trying to tank and spank every mob. If you want to 2-box a support class, a lot of things will go faster, of course. It is totally not necessary to box 3+ to level to cap. Also take note that you have Live XP on this server now.

I strongly recommend, for those new to TSS, to follow the first stages of the Hero's Journey questline for levelling. If nothing else, it will serve as a gauge for how well you are able to play your class in this era. It's a very different game from Classic. If you get stuck at any point, just come back for more advice.

In any case, the 2-box limit isn't going to change, despite what all the professional complainers keep saying, so if you're waiting for that option (on this server), it's going to be a long wait. There are other servers if you're determined to 3+ box. Or you can cheat like some others do and risk suspension.
  14. Trenaf New Member

Would love an official response if this would be considered, yes or no. Clearly this is a huge issue
  15. Viceversa Elder

He may be right DBG may never do anything about this, Which seems like it would be a big mistake considering most of the current player base seems for it.

But

Don't let any hypocritical dictating karen tell you you shouldn't voice your opinion on changes that actually effect you.
  16. Captain Video Augur

A few forum posters are not "most of the current player base". In any case, attacking me gets you nowhere. I'm not the one who decides.
  17. Viceversa Elder

Attacking you? lol, you've done nothing but attack people since you joined this thread without providing any feedback on why this change would negatively effect the server.

Your argument is its the rules, Like no really? ... it's why we are here trying to change the rules.

So yeah I guess I assumed the hypocrite part maybe you have never asked for a rule to change?
    Stymie and HekkHekkHekk like this.
  18. Auesheet Lorekeeper

Hopefully you guys have better luck than we had on Phinigel! There were a lot of beneficial changes made for the server but this was one they never budged on.
  19. SaDaTay New Member

I also support relaxing (if not eliminating) truebox limits on aradune similar to the plan for vaniki.

There is basically zero open world content on the server for boxers to disrupt at this point, which was the main thing truebox enforcement was good for preventing in the early parts of the TLP. New players are not going to join a TLP 12 expansions in—relaxing truebox will help maintain the server population and allow guilds to sustain/progress through the remaining expacs.
  20. Triconix Augur

Just to play devils advocate, but Aradune is in TSS and TSS is basically all open world minus raids. It's classic 2.0.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.