Diamond Efreeti Boots

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Mookus, Jul 24, 2022.

1. Mookus Augur

2. Sancus Augur

You want enough evolving items to have all eight proc augs (four casting/four assaulting). I've only run the numbers for Mages, but it's probably the same for Wizards. For us, in ToL it's optimal DPS-wise to go down to three total (ear/boots/hands; 9 slots) to get the 30 additional luck from swapping out shoulder/finger. With stat augs you can get your evo items to higher SD than current gear, but in ToL the luck outweighs the spell damage.

Neither luck nor spell damage (or any other stats) are material, though; the main thing is to have all the proc augs you can get.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

What are good augs to make/use considering we converted all her Evolving Type 18/19 slots to ToL T2 raid gear?

I take care of my wife's (ENC) augs. I had not paid attention to Proc augs, but went ahead and made and equipped:

Primary Slot = Congruent Luclinite Ensanguined Gem of Striking

Secondary Slot = Complimentary Velium Infused Gem of Striking

Range Slot = Sacred Prayer Shawl of the Duke

Are there other type 8's I should be using?

=====
    Edited to add that she still had her 18/19 Raid Ear and I added back onto it both Casting Magic augs.
  4. Sancus Augur

Ultimately it's up to you, but from a DPS standpoint you should still be using enough evolving items for those eight proc Type 18/19's I mentioned, and you should be using a two-hander. The shawl aug is a fine aug from a mana return standpoint, but it does not add a material amount of DPS.

This is what I use, and what I think casters should use, in terms of Type 7/8 proc augs (Shawl is personal preference):

Primary (2-hander):
    • Congruent Luclinite Ensanguined Gem of Devastation
    • Complimentary Velium Threaded Gem of Devastation
    Range:
    • Complimentary Velium Infused Gem of Striking
    Charm (or another slot):
    • Velium Empowered Gem of Freezing
  5. Metanis Bad Company

Thanks for the reply! She did have the Velium Empowered Gem of Freezing on her Charm item, so that's good.

We never accumulated the other 18/19 proc augs you mentioned. Back in those days I was all about the raw AC/HP/Spell Dmg stats!
  6. Sancus Augur

The ToV Type 18/19's are pretty easy to get nowadays as they just rely on a tradeskill drop. ToV missions drop Crystallized Precious Velium Ores (for Type 18's) pretty frequently, and it doesn't take much killing in the raid instances to get 1-2 Diamondized Precious Velium Ores (for Type 19's).

They aren't make or break items, but they are among the largest procs available if you have the time/inclination to farm them. Farming Type 18/19 assaulting augs from TBL is more painful/less important (it sounds like you have the casting ones).
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

So I am missing the TBL group casting and the TBL raid melee proc augs. I have not brought myself to the desire to camp the middle of Mearatas for 15+ hours for a casting aug.

Such a shame that there is not a system in place where you could sell/turn in type 18/19 augs for different ones in TBL. I understand not wanting to have that system in 2019, but man it is 2022...
    Metanis likes this.
  8. Arkanny Augur

Curious on how you run those numbers! Any apps available for that or just the old excel sheets?
  9. Sancus Augur

http://dps.kizant.net/
    Arkanny likes this.
  10. Mookus Augur

Given the Rallos Zek earing i cover two of the four 17/18 casting proc augs - then only need one other TBL evolving to cover the other two. I hadn't considered using more evolving slots to cover the assualtiing 17/18 proc augs.

Assuming i skip the assualting augs and only needing 1 evolving item - i think the boots is the best slot. Gloves has an important wiz focus(cold), fingers has a lot of luck.

Do i really miss out that much from assualting procs? I started trying to evolve the djarn ring yesterday... that went extremely slowly. Not sure if it was due to my being 120 trying to evolve in a tbl zone, or if it was always just that painful.
  11. Sancus Augur

Yep, that's a good point.
    They're pretty inconsequential in a relative sense, but as far as items in EQ go (which by and large have very little benefit), they're decent. Looking at our last Shei run (288s), my procs did the following:
    • Surge of Ice II (approx): 4,395 DPS
    • Surge of Ice I (approx): 4,474 DPS
    • Spike of Magic VIII (exact): 2,523 DPS
    • Spike of Magic V (exact): 2,435 DPS
    Note that it would be better if I had fire TBL assaulting augs; the ice/fire ones are focused by Season's Wrath but the magic ones are not. For reference, here's a Wizard on the same fight:
    • Surge of Ice II (approx): 5,467 DPS
    • Surge of Ice I (approx): 4,921 DPS
    • Burst of Flames VIII (approx): 4,165 DPS
    • Burst of Flames V (approx): 3,812 DPS
    I had a higher proc rate than the Wizard (just due to RNG); the higher DPS values are a product of Fury of the Gods (which was on for most of the fight duration).

You can see that's pretty small - cumulatively at best it's not going to be more than a ~1% DPS increase to have all four. Whether that's worth it to you is up to you.

As far as evo XP, it's based on the /con of the mob you're fighting. In TBL the cons will be quite low and therefore you'll get relatively little XP.

Edit: In your particular case, you can get six Type 18/19 augs (including four slot 19's) in a fully evolved Rallos Ear + TBL Boots. If you don't have another item already evolved, that's not a bad place to stop IMO.
    Metanis and MacDubh like this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

It evolves in CoV and ToV. I don't know about ToL.
  13. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Yes they do evolve in ToL.
    CrazyLarth likes this.