Why is SOLO exp nerfed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ShilohsDad, Jul 26, 2022.

1. ShilohsDad New Member

It is a serious bummer that the solo exp is basically trash. I play a wizard and I was very much looking forward to quadding and working at the same time. A quad is barely giving me 1%......a full quad. that is complete garbage.

Why in the world would they nerf solo exp when there are classes that are designed to be able to solo.
  2. Alnitak Augur

Experience is overrated. Stay in the Guild Lobby and socialize. There is a plenty of cute ornamentations to show off.
  3. RABKkehhalla Elder

Quading hasn't been good since they nerfed rains.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Solo xp wasn't nerfed. Group xp was given a huge bonus. It provides a major incentive to group which is a good thing for the overall health of the game population.
    Kalipto, Brildon, minimind and 3 others like this.
  5. Vlorg Augur

unless you happen to be the least desirable class in group because of abysmal mana regen.
    Risiko and TheChosenOne like this.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Uh no, it actually still provides incentive to group regardless of your self-defeating attitude about whatever class you're playing.
  7. TLP Addict Augur

Maybe don't quad low/light blues, I was getting about 10% per quad typically a mix of blue to yellow mobs, 25% xp pot running but would still be way more than 1% without.
  8. LeetKronolord Journeyman

You quad light blues / greens ?

You're not following a solo guide from the P99 wiki I hope ? If so add at least 5 levels to each areas and still you shouldn't read nor use that wiki.
  9. Vlorg Augur

Clearly, the reason so many wizard spend hours kiting in TD - BW - SF is because they don't want to group, not because group don't want to invite a pure DPS class who have less sustained damage than a paladin.

do I really have to explain this, seriously?
    Risiko likes this.
  10. Vlorg Augur

oh yes, please tell me where you are quadding yellow mobs at 55 in kunark? go on?
  11. Master Kahleem Augur

To be clear about experience:
    Solo experience was never nerfed, group experience was buffed.

Group experience splits up to 5 players, and experience for the mob is given a bonus such that the split itself is better. Then, adding a 6th does NOT split the 6th's exp. Meaning, it's always better/faster to have 6 people in a group for kill/recover speed versus only having 5. The 6th member contributes their fair share but doesn't take any. Instead, the same experience that's split to the other 5 is simply replicated, for free, to that 6th.

However, you WILL get less experience if you're only a 3 or 4-man group.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. LeetKronolord Journeyman

If you play a subclass you should put together your own groups, roll loots and find replacement for classes that don't have the time to do that because they actually have to play the game to PL you.

PS; There are only 4 dps classes for group content in Kunark and that is Enchanter, Necro (when they can charm), Druid (when they can charm) and Monk (if very well geared). Everyone else can literally sit and afk it wont make that much of a difference.
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Do you not have a guild? I mean yeah if your method of finding a group is /lfg and hope for tells then I can see why you're soloing. I wasn't making any claims about your own personal abilities to form connections with other players. I was talking about the incentive to group. Sorry you're struggling though!
  14. Vlorg Augur

I am 60. and no, many people do not like getting pity invite from guildies. At this point if you are a wizard your best bet to have a group is to box a chanter / cleric OOG while your wizard leeches.

Either this is a group game and we make every class desirable in group, or we give some much needed buff to the solo classes.

Stop pretending, stop BS'ing around.

during the ragefire TLP era we had OOC mana regen right from classic and casters where absolutely OP in groups. Now we're back to no OOC regen and it's meleequest ( + charmquest) again. after 23 years are we simply unable to have a decent middle ground? must it always be one extreme or another? Fill my entire mana bar in 30 second OOC or spend 8-10 minutes sitting idle despite having C2, greater conc pot, wizard epic clicky and an epic'd bard mana song going?

( no, not making it up. all the buff above = 53 mana per tic at lvl 60. 4200 mana / 53 = 80 tic. I am not in BIS gear either.)
  15. Gheed Is not reading your response

If I was a main wizard I don't think I could play without a box necro just following me around with twitch.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

Also provides a major incentive to box your whole group or be left behind.
    Risiko likes this.
  17. TheChosenOne Augur

they should give solo players twice the XP rate that a full group gets
  18. Triconix Augur

Good news! A solo player gets almost triple the exp per kill he gets while in a 6 person group. 36% exp vs 100%. However a group is definitely killing more than triple the speed.
  19. Iyacc Augur

I don't pay casters, so I have no input on your value other than I've got a friend who plays one and we've never had to kick him out for not contributing.

The comment about the guild though is why I am replying. That's literally the entire point of being in a guild - to get/give help and accomplish things you can't do at all or as well solo. Whether it's xp or quests, or raids or tradeskills or whatever. Maybe some guild environments aren't like that. I can't say since I've never been in one where people didn't help each other get better for the sake of moving the guild forward.

As far as every class/person being on an equal basis - EQ is one of the only games that this isn't the case. They make changes from time to time to try and smooth out some differences but it's never going to be equal/even/etc.. It cracks me up how many people who don't play wizards love all their utility but then hold it against the wizards when they do a little less dps because of this. You shouldn't be as high all the time because you get to do a lot of other things besides blow stuff up.
  20. Vlorg Augur

refer to the part about pity invite.

utility? you mean port bot? or take DT in sky during classic?

little less dps?... you mean less damage than a tank cause mana regen is horrible?