ToL & Enchanters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Avaryne, Jul 23, 2022.

1. Avaryne Journeyman

I’ve been scouring different resources looking for some input on this, but I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask here as well. I really miss my enchanter, but ToV was definitely not the greatest time I ever had on her. How are they shaping up in ToL? I don’t see many of them around so perhaps they haven’t yet been able to utilize them. I’m looking at it from an aspect of raids, soloing, etc. I hope to hear some good news so I can finally bring her back out for some decent action. :)
  2. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

I feel like it's worth boxing one for my druid. Not sure if that answers your question or not :p
    Hobitses and Duder like this.
  3. Avaryne Journeyman

Well, I suppose that’s the other side of it too. I don’t box, much. I run through 99% of content with my friend on his BST. So, supposing I did decide to swap her in I’d be focused solely on her. Ideally it would be to raid with her again, but nothings quite engaged me on an enchanter like the infamous Mearatas raids. :)
  4. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Honestly it depends entirely on how useful you want to feel and how active you prefer to be. If you're in a good caster group that will take advantage of the ADPS that you provide, you'll feel pretty useful. Aside from that it's pretty much business as usual. Do your burns, keep your auras and Liako up (lots of AOE damage in ToL raids), terror up on melee dps, and occasional glyph spray. On Swarm Commander there's mobs that can be charmed in add waves, and on close the gate there's some mobs that take charm and mez bane damage. So there's enough to do to keep you pretty busy. Not the best time to main an enchanter by any means. But also not the worst I suppose.
  5. zleski Augur

Enchanters have plenty to do in this expansion.
  6. Verily Tjark Augur

ToL is good for enchanters. Plenty to mez, charm, stun, punt, blur... all the tricks work on most mobs.
  7. Shredd Augur

would love a good raiding enchanter.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

I have always mained ENC. I enjoyed ToV. What was your problem with it? Especially with a BST duo, were you pulling? I 3-boxed ENC, MAG, CLR with a warrior merc. My gameplay with my 3-box would be similar to you with your friend. My mage didn't do anything until I got everything under control with my ENC. Me having a CLR doesn't matter cuz you would have a CLR merc and a BST on backup heals.

Anyway, there was a ton for me in ToV. Even in Kael, where ENC seemed useless, I could split pull with punts, roots, mem-blurs, stasis and etc. I question (and I don't mean to offend) if you are truely playing your ENC to it's potential if you did not enjoy ToV. Some might suggest ENC couldn't do anything in Kael, but that's not at all true.

Perhaps pair with a BST, you'd prefer a bard. ENC and BST don't have a lot of synergy together so you are losing a lot of potential DPS.
    MacDubh likes this.
  9. MacDubh TABLES!!!

After doing all of ToV progression I agree 100%. Enchanters are always useful you may just need to think outside the box.
  10. Avaryne Journeyman

I didn’t say they weren’t useful, they definitely are. I think it may be misunderstood, the point I was addressing. I raided my enchanter in TBL, I found maeratas to be exceptionally fun, then moving into ToV raiding I was disappointed. I wasn’t referencing the ToV group game in particular. I can always find something to do with my enchanter in a group. CoV had a few raids the utilized enchanters as well, such as keeping the drakes mezzed per wave, or controlling the hatchlings through the little wall in the cave, etc but I felt there was still room for some improvement on the scale of enjoyment. I’m not sure what particularly I would’ve asked for, but I just felt something lacking all the same. It was a personal preference, perhaps not a sentiment shared by many enchanters. Ever since the creation of my first enchanter I have used them for nearly everything, that was up until their dark period of OoW days so I’m aware of their capabilities to handle nearly all situations, provided mob immunities. They are a strong all around class so don’t think I’m harping on that by any means. :)
    Duder likes this.
  11. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Ah, I don't raid so wouldn't know. There was a post a few months ago where people were saying enchanters were useless for current content referring to ToV and CoV at the time.
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

You didn't say anything about raiding in your OP.

Zelthiak has 3 adds that spawn at intervals. 1 of these 3 is charmable and the other is mezable. They swap resists during the event, so Zelthiak will be extremely resistant to spells, while the adds are resistant to melee. The add spell phase is pretty easy, but the resistant phase gives us a need to up noc, dire charm and glace.

Doomshade has fading shades which are mezable. Depends on the strat your raid uses. Could AE mez and lock them down, mez singles, or not mez at all. Pretty straight forward for CC.

Netherbain swarm commander has 1 add per wave that can be charmed, but unless going for the ACH, it may not be necessary depending on your guilds strats and strength

Free the goranga, nothing special for an ENC to do

Obblitte of light, nothing special for an ENC

Aten Ha Ra, we can mez the gargoyles for an ACH, but really nothing special for an ENC to do

Bloodfalls vampire, nothing special for an ENC

Bloodfalls close the gate, wave 1 nothing special, wave 2 the mob spawns 3 adds, 1 is mezable and 1 is charmable, pretty much always going to get at least 1 set of adds, sometimes 2. Wave 3 nothing special but you might be still holding a charm from wave 2 if you are light on DPS. Wave 4 there are 3 mobs, 1 is bane by mez and 1 is bane by charm (use low level charm so you don't actually charm it). Bane to me are still like being a wizard so nothing too special there.

Shei, we can bane the adds, but unlike bloodfalls close the gate, there are boatloads of them, so we are AE mezing, beams, etc. So even though we are kind of junk nuking them in a way, it's a bit different because there are a ton, and if they resist they will summon, so the tash totem is beneficial.
  13. Avaryne Journeyman

You’re right, I should’ve detailed the post a bit more. It was late and I put it out there in a rush, that was mistake. Our raid force very rarely has an enchanter so they don’t get utilized much where I can see them. And, I’m usually too busy smashing buttons to notice when they do. (Monk life). I appreciate the detailed reply and will definitely look into that more as well. It seems like a nice time to be an enchanter, in my opinion, but I’ll have to see it first hand to find out best.
    Certainly sounds engaging.
  14. Verily Tjark Augur

If Mearatas is your standard, you will never be satisfied... I share your sentiments on the raid. It was my favorite, but nothing will compare.

I find raiding in ToL enjoyable. Depends on your guild and strategy of course. I charm and mez a good bit on our raids. I also DPS like crazy and rune a lot.

Also, I think there are quite a few guilds looking for raid enchanters. FWO being one... send me a message!
    DaciksBB, Duder and Sancus like this.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

So true, Mearatas was a great raid to be a capstone to leave raiding and go back to being casual. I can’t see myself ever raiding again on my enchanter, such a snooze fest.
    Verily Tjark, DaciksBB and Duder like this.
  16. Verily Tjark Augur

It just depends on what you find enjoyable... pulling over 1 mil dps on fights as a "support" class and beating many pure dps classes on the parse is fun stuff.
  17. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

I main a chanter and I love it, I sometimes duo with a Beastlord which is good. I know the synergy and adps isnt the best between them, but it is what my brother plays.
  18. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

Enchanters will always be needed for caster groups on raids and are a welcome addition in most group exp/missions. I don't think there are enough raid nor group enchanters based on my observation of what is happening across the servers. Every current damage spell you cast = beneficial/aDPS for your group.

I also think the Enchanter class is the easiest to catch up in live on while also being the easiest class to mess up playing. Some people get too stuck up in a certain routine and forget things like spell guard runes as well as basic 101 play (tashing asap, slowing where needed, etc).

It's still a fun class, but it may take time to hone your skills to understand what you do versus how other classes in your group benefit from your abilities.

Biggest plus side is that you don't need a whole lot of AAs nor gear to get yourself up and running versus other classes.