Movement What is your favorite bind(s)?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aenoan, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Murrdok New Member

QAOP and space bar to jump!
  2. Stymie Pendragon

Eq was my first serious pc game, and I was still relatively new to computers at the time. I used the arrow keys with my left hand and the mouse for turning while holding left click. After a couple of years playing daily I started to get pain in my left shoulder from reaching across the keyboard.

Since then, I've switched to WASD for movement, keybinds, and mouse for turning. After all these years, reaching over like that still hurts my left shoulder.

I'm one of those people that really doesn't want to let go of the mouse, and the delete key is on the right side of every right-handed keyboard I've been able to find. Years ago I mapped delete to my tilda key, and it works well for productivity as well as shoulder pain.

Also, I use a spaceball at work with my left hand, and I assigned a button on it for delete so that I can keep my hands planted unless I need to type.

I really like the advances in mouse tech over the old rubber ball and roller system. Cleaning them was nasty, to say the least. Over the last 3-4 years I've become somewhat reliant on a mouse thumb button. (G502)

I rarely think about this sort of thing, but it's kind of fun describing how my computer abilities have evolved from two finger typing over the decades.:)
  3. Seraphix Elder

I play QWES as well and it was WoW that encouraged the setup thanks to full speed strafe. I do like to bind A and D to turn if available though, because it's nice to use sparingly when I'm getting a drink or taking a hit.
  4. Seraphix Elder

This is exactly how I started, with my keyboard moved waaay over to the left! lol I finally switched over to WASD (and later QWES) when I started playing WoW.
    Stymie and Aenoan like this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Arrows baby!
  6. Aenoan Augur

Seems like QWES was really popular I know a lot of streamers who played that way, Vanguards, Reckful (RIP).
    I personally just really like it. Because I was kind of used to using those binds in FPS games. The only time it sucks is in MOBAs or Lost Ark. Haha.