Overseer QOL requests

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vumad, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

Overseer has way, way too many clicks... I have a few requests...

Make task names include mission type and preferably level.
    Ie.
    D2 - Talk About Trade
    C1 - Best in Show
    L5 - But Taaaarrrrlll
    The type makes it easier for people to find specific missions based on their needs, the level makes it easier to pick which overseer titles need to be leveled up (which is what I am working on now). It's not realistic to remember the quest names. We have to click through to find the mission types we want. That adds a bunch of extra clicks.

Make conversions auto-complete.
    There no reason to have to click complete on these.

Make recruit missions auto complete and claim.
    Okay, maybe there is a reason to have people click complete on conversions and recruit, I can concede to that, but I can't understand why the recruit missions needs to go to the quest reward window.

Add an auto-select heroes option.
    I quit overseer quickly when it came out, so I have a great deal of appreciation of the dev who made the agents appear based on their % contribution. Finding the right hero was way too many clicks. Can we take that one step further and have an option at the top of the quest that will automatically select the 1st available agent for every category? It makes sense now that the 1st available agent is the best agent in most cases. That would save a boatload of clicks. Players would still have to start the quest, so it would be their responsibility to review the auto-generated selections.

Add an auto complete and claim option.
    I get the complete and quest window for missions that give rewards like XP, Merc AA, currency, etc, but how about an option of "Auto-claim on this character". The server remembers the character the mission was started on and automatically claims the mission to the quest window of the character that started the mission. I do understand how this could create conflicts with the allowed number of unclaimed quests, so maybe make it so you can only use this option if you have 5 or less unclaimed quests, if that compromise is necessary.

If you really want to go bonkers with it, add an option to pre-select a default reward, at least for overseer tokens or XP. So we'd have 3 options... Upon successful completion, Automatically award this character...
    XP
    Overseer coins
    Unselected (gives quest reward window as it does now)
    Save the default, preferably for each mission type.

Thank you.

(Yes, I can handle the clicks, it's not that many in the grand scheme of things, but it's a very tedious and unenjoyable task I would like to see streamlined).
    Hobitses, Metanis, Koshk and 6 others like this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

+1 Overseer sucks, but its too useful to ignore. Please, make it better.

Open it up at Level 1, make it available on TLPs, and add AA to the reward.
    Wdor, Fenthen and Viper1 like this.
  3. Windance Augur

Just making it so you click on the picture of the [ ? ] instead of the little [ select agent ] underneath would help a lot.
    Hobitses, Fenthen, Aanuvane and 6 others like this.
  4. Bernel Augur

Completely agree with all these improvements, and there's actually a financial business case for making them. I see Overseer as a way of keeping people engaged with EQ even if they don't have time to play. Rather than just shelving EQ when they're busy, they do a quick log in a few times a day to do Overseer. This means they are more likely to jump back into EQ when they have time to play rather than switching to another game or hobby. However, the interaction with Overseer is so cumbersome and clicky that it has a high annoyance factor. Offline people may not do it because it's a hassle, and then they become disengaged with EQ. Streamlining the interaction with Overseer would mean more offline people would take the time to log in and keep up with it. This would lead to more people playing EQ longer and keep the population numbers higher in the long run.
    Hobitses, Mendel and Coagagin like this.
  5. Oberan Elder

Honestly what I would like is a way to more easily distinguish between uncommon and uncommon iconic agents when I want to do a conversion.. Ideally I only want 1 iconic while I want several of each of the non iconic, But there is no dropdown menu that sorts the uncommon agents this way (as uncommon is the only tier with both iconic and non iconic agents)

As it is right now you have to change tabs to the agent tab. scroll down to find the agent (whose name doesn't always match the short "hover over" name. then tab back to the conversion tab.. It's just time consuming. If anything uncommon and uncommon iconic should be 2 separate but equal tiers.
    Wdor, Fenthen, Aanuvane and 4 others like this.
  6. Petalonyx Augur

This!

And, Mass Convert (for my thousands of common agents).
    Coagagin, Koshk and Laronk like this.
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

A million times this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd like to see
    1. They type of quest without having to click it.
    2. Option to fill all spots with the last agents I used for that quest.
    3. Time of each quest lowered by an hour, so they don't gradually finish later and later.
    4. Improvements to converting agents, it takes far too long and is very tedious.
    5. Option to gain AA as a reward.
    Wdor, Sprooce, Barton and 1 other person like this.
  9. Zunnoab Augur

One thing I've realized fairly recently is there's no need to fill in every single assignment if in a hurry.
  10. Raltar Augur

Make 24 hour missions be 20 hour missions, 12 to 10 and 6 to 5. It doesn't let you do any more than you can now, but if you change the timers, it's easier to get the maximum number of missions in a 24 hour period because you'll have more wiggle room.
    Wdor, Laronk, CrazyLarth and 3 others like this.
  11. Barton The Mischievous

My list
    1) Fix Overseer so it works. ( disappearing missions/agents etc)
    2) Some form of mass/auto conversion
    3) Overall less clicks.
  12. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

I'm still convinced that overseer, much like the advanced loot window, was a summer intern's unfinished project.
    Wdor and Metanis like this.
  13. error Augur

The problem with overseer is that there's no strategy involved whatsoever. I don't think you could even call it a game, it's just a mindless clicking timesink carried by the rewards. That wouldn't be so bad if it was at least quick, but in its current state it's just a tedious implementation of a daily login bonus.

The entire thing could unironically be reduced down to a single daily click that initiates a whole bunch of flashy rng results on the screen to give the player that dopamine hit.
    Koshk and Tweakfour17 like this.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

I got the impression that Overseer was Holly's pet project that none of the development team wanted to actually implement. They were forced to, and now they're stuck with it.
    Metanis and Yinla like this.
  15. Windance Augur

The first couple times I did the overseer quests, my impression was : this is kind of interesting, and the rewards are nice.

The first week of doing overseer quests, my impression was : this is kind of cool, getting new agents and goodies ...

After months of doing overseer quests ... god this is painful to do over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Its like anything else, ok the first time, getting old the 4th time, really sucks the 400th time.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'll take the repetitive, tedious nature of Overseer over having to farm/buy collectibles every day.
    Wdor, Aanuvane, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

That's the dilemma of the system. It's a bad system, but people justify because the rewards are so good and doesn't take much time. It's still a terrible user experience.
  18. Tucoh Augur

1. Make an overseer android/ios app.
    2. Make it much, much more p2w.
    3. Delete the entire Overseer system and stop adding collectibles in EQ.
    Skrab likes this.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

Takes me maybe all of 3 min (if that) on each toon to claim rewards and set up new tasks...then I forget about it until the next time I log on. Not really that terrible for the benefits it provides.
    Wdor likes this.
  20. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Thanks for proving my point.
    Tucoh likes this.