Not fixed in June patch: AA Achievements

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Paladin, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Paladin Augur

Achievements for Alternate Advancement AA 'assigned' beyond 50K (52,500, 55,000, 57500, etc.) have yet to be added.
  2. Ranor Lorekeeper

Congratulations DBG for ignoring all of the complaints from players and going through with the forced windowed mode login. While in the process pissing off a ton of players.:mad:
    Yinla and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If you are used to playing in fullscreen, remember to swap to fullscreen BEFORE you click "enter world" on character-select.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  4. Cicelee Augur

Sometimes instead of hitting ALT Enter to get to full screen, I hit Enter first and then load into the world in window mode.

For myself, easiest thing is to just log into my bazaar mule first, go full screen, then log off and log in mage. As long as I can remember to do that first all should be good. And easiest way to remember is to camp out mage, load in bazaar mule and go offline tradee. Then next time I log in I get the offline chatlracter error and that acts as a reminder...
  5. Paladin Augur

UPDATE: This oversight was not addressed in the July 2022 Patch.

As a note, this has been overlooked since the Claws of Veeshan expansion, if not before, as some classes (and now most classes) exceed 50K in Assigned AA's.
  6. Hekaton Augur

if it hasnt been done by now it's been phased out dood. lots of other achievo points you can get now with the overseer rewards
  7. Paladin Augur

It's my understanding that it was an oversight, not a phase out.
  8. Hekaton Augur

ive been running over 50k for quite a long time now (68k currently as a shaman) quite a long time for an oversite....i chalked it up to a new aa dev but its been feedbacked so many times (seen quite a few your posts on it) i think its done....ive been wrong before tho
  9. globeadue Lorekeeper

I want to rant and say very unpleasant things about your development and management that thought this was a good idea.

• The client will now always launch in windowed mode rather than fullscreen.

I alone have posted / submitted numerous times over the years that changing the video mode breaks the UI and there has to be others that have reported this. This happens on every computer I have ever run everquest on. There is no excuse that this change was implemented without fixing this bug first.

This is my ui before logging out while in full screen mode: https://i.imgur.com/79xc06T.jpg
    This is the same ui when I log out and log back in to the force windowed mode: https://i.imgur.com/qdcedHS.jpg
    This is the UI when I press alt+enter to switch it back in to full screen: https://i.imgur.com/zhFzNrb.jpg

There is a work around, I need to switch into fullscreen now at character select to avoid this.

Why is this a problem that makes me want to say unpleasant things, because inevitably, I will forget to switch to full screen in character select, and select my character and load in and find my UI completely hosed. And your UI team, made it so the UI file gets overwritten with the latest broken UI so unless I manually copied the file out of the folder for safe keeping, my layout is gone.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  10. Zunnoab Augur

It is disappointing the player feedback and warning about this was pretty much outright ignored.

They should have implemented full screen windowed rather than doing it this way, and delayed any push to try and "encourage" people to use windowed.

All this will do is make people dig in even more on full screen, and negativity associate windowed mode with UI issues. I haven't used full screen in years, but this wasn't the way to get people to switch.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm finding the windowed screen too dark.
    globeadue likes this.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

There's an option to turn on/off gamma in windowed mode in the options (I forget exactly how it's phrased). You might try that.
  13. Iven the Lunatic

On my computer system the forced windowed mode has not changed anything to the better and the old gamma bug is still active in fullscreen mode and the windows desktop. But in addition to this bug I now have to switch to fullscreen mode 1-2 times with Alt-Return. To make it even more annoying it does reset from fullscreen to the windowed mode when the character selection does get loaded. At least my UI files had not been screwed (yet).

[IMG]
    Thx MacDubh for this vid.
    MacDubh likes this.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Im trying to think what the exploit could have been that this was meant to solve.
    Benito likes this.
  15. Velisaris_MS Augur

I personally don't want the devs wasting time on something so irrelevant. There are WAY more important things that need to addressed than this.
  16. Iven the Lunatic

I was looking forward for the UI revamp next year, but now I am not so sure if this is a good idea.

Public announcement:
    "San Diego we have a problem ! Breakdown in communication. Daybreak dev team, plz respond immediately !"
  17. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Your UI problems are your own. I always play in windowed mode so I don't care, my wife plays full screen so I noted it to her, her response was, "who cares?" and hit two buttons to switch back to full screen after logging in. And her UI didn't change.

If your UI is breaking its your problem. It doesn't happen to many people, hence why its the same couple people complaining about it here that complained about it on the test thread acting as if it makes the game unplayable, threatening to quit over it, and implying that the world is falling apart and the game will die because of it.

Things change, move on.
  18. Laeadern Elder

I'm also annoyed with this change. They should have at least put an option to start the game in fullscreen for those of us that play it that way.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It could just be that the next AA achievement is 75000. The jumps in the update have been increasing overtime.
  20. Raltar Augur

I don't use full screen, but I do have to wonder why they did this. I honestly can't think of a single reason why they changed it to act this way without giving you some kind of option to put it back to the old way. It's so crazy. I remember back in the day, they wouldn't even allow you to alt+tab and now they are forcing windowed mode on everyone. Crazy.