old expansions unlock all zones

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nonii, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Nonii Deathnaw

I have been doing \fine doing partisan quests to request the missions. I 3 box and I dont like having to do the partisan on my 2 boxes. I hit a roadblock in TDS caverns of song/ iter 3 zones are locked and my bots cant get it. I dont wanna do all that on 2 toons please unlock old expansions zone locks
    Elyssanda, Dre., Fenthen and 6 others like this.
  2. Mesc Old Soul

I agree. After a certain amount of time in my opinion all old content should be unlocked. Or make them level locked at most.
    Stymie and Kedra Leafwalker like this.
  3. minimind The Village Idiot

A couple years ago, I went back and did all TDS progression for my zerk (main) and boxed shaman. (I used a tank and healer merc to make it easy.) That was a LOT of progression, but I was glad to have done it.

This past year, I decided to level and gear up a warrior and I learned that one of the better aggro augs out there is from a vendor in Caverns of Endless Song, but it costs like 680 currency. If you tried to earn that much currency in the T1 or T2 heroic adventures, it would take you weeks to get the aug. The solution, then, is to go through all the progression, get access to the T3/T4 heroic adventures, and just do a couple of those.

That was a LOT of questing (Hail, Hail, Hail...) to get a single aug. I would have much rather the zones/missions be unlocked so I could knock out a few missions and buy the aug.
    Stymie likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Its kinda weird, that they haven't unlocked TdS yet. Even Veeshan's Peak(RoS) is open without the key.

:confused:

At least TdS is completable without having to ask guildies for dummy-group-members when requesting missions and quests. :)
    Bigstomp, minimind and Fenthen like this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

TDS looks like it was overlooked. I think most if not all other expansion have been unlocked after a 3 - 4 years.
  6. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Excuse me...
    [IMG]
    minimind and Nennius like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Boris Johnson's last cabinet meeting?
    minimind likes this.
  8. Mesc Old Soul

TBL Zones should also be opened up
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

They should have never been locked to begin with.
    Rasper Helpdesk and Yinla like this.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

The Darkened Sea: they should change it to just allow campfire and banner like they did The Burning Lands:

Plane of War has that DT so you have to due progression.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Why shut out soloers/moloers?
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. Paladin Augur

Why? Doing proper progression is not all that difficult with older expansions. And 'unlocking' them just nullifies content.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Sol Ro Chamber in PoP is still locked, not sure if the other keyed areas are locked.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Want the rewards? Do the work. If it turns out it's just too much/not worth it, then don't. Pretty simple.
    Nennius likes this.
  15. minimind The Village Idiot

It's not the difficulty. It's the time.
  16. Paladin Augur

The game is called 'EverQuest' and by it's very nature, it's a time sync. The older events are also much faster to do than they were originally.
  17. minimind The Village Idiot

You're not wrong, but experiencing obsolete content and acquiring old gear via zone unlocks is a long-held precedence in the game. It encourages game play for the portion of the population that either didn't go through while the content was current or for those who want to go back with alt characters for some aspects but not all.

It's worth the Dev effort and widely appreciated.
  18. Iven Antonius Bayle

I am against free old content unlocks because players worked hard toward those "achievements". A solution could be to add zone unlocks to account or world/server achievements so that they do not have to be repeated for alts.
    Arkanny likes this.
  19. Arkanny Augur

Stop whining and get grinding. Everyone had to do it, what makes you so special?
  20. MacDubh TABLES!!!

That was me only finding out that VP was unlocked after collecting about 75% of the key drops across 6 characters. Every progression guide out there still identifies the zone as locked behind the key quest.

In my mind this is another issue with consistency in Everquest, if VP is unlocked why is TDS still locked? Even without the use of any online guides you can see why it could easily be assumed RoS progression is locked as TDS still is.

I am pretty sure you still need to do the 6x each of the 4 HA's in TBM to complete Crypt of Sul progression as well which is tedium for no reason.

I also will continue to shake my head at people with the "I did it so you should have to" mentality. This is a good view if you are against any real progression in game or in life. In this case by progression I mean the game itself evolving rather than just staying the exact same. If the devs had this view we would still be doing corpse runs, no autogrant AA, looking at a spell book while medding, etc.