So i hate boxing, but i'm so behind and with no friends that it's the route to catching up.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Arkanny, Jul 16, 2022.

1. Arkanny Augur

I hate it, and i dont use 3rd party anything so it's only alt-tab, and i max out at 3 accounts like that. more and i start messing up bad. I have my main wizard at 111 right now thanks to overseer, even tho i feel dirty for getting free exp for it lol. I have a 106 SK, 106 BST, 105 Mag, 105 Bard. I had also access to a 105 clr from a retired buddy, but i can't remember the password. I did some quests and lcenium progression with SK+Wiz+BST, but since the alts are undergeared with no augs etc, and i'm not really an SK main, i always struggle to get singles, so i was considering the switching the bst for the bard. I'm clueless about bard but i know it can haste+slow, wich is what mostly i do on the bst. slow cripple sick pet on mob after tank has agro locked and switch to wizard to nuke.

Looking for general tips on making this a more sane experience, and if anyone on that level range on Povar wants to group up, i'll always take a real player over a box! Arkanny out!
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  2. kookoo Augur

you could use your mage pet to tank until your sk is decently geared .

you got a mage, it can be use to single pull mobs ( via COH ), could use your wiz to snare ( root , stun work as well ) the one you want ( or dont want ) then be coh ed to clear agro, and the mob should be single to grab after the coh done.

your sk is very gear dependent , your mage not much, beside a decent Em ( enhanced minion focus ( earring ).

being in a guild help as well to get groups a little easier . they usually check from the guild before going in general chat ..
  3. Windance Augur

Bard is a good choice. You can use /melody to keep songs going while you focus on the other characters.
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I would suggest buying Krono.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Start off with forgetting about this "105 clr from a retired buddy, but i can't remember the password" - account sharing is against the eula and can ban both of the accounts, yours and his.

If you hate boxing then use Mercs. If you have one of them that is All Access then put a healer merc on that account. That's player #1 (mage?) and then you player #2 can run a tank merc. See how that works for you. You may need the third guy just to have another merc and in this case go with a dps merc - a caster will pull to much aggro.

Go to Frontier Mountains (EOK) and there are a few sarnak forts that you can farm and get really good exp. Even into level 117 I can go there and build up AA. Easy to set up a pull area and drop a campfire.

And don't forget HA. They are based on your group average level. And great exp at the end.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Laronk Augur

But if you were to believe the other users on the forums it’s impossible to level post 111 with regular exp and that you have to quest
  7. Raltar Augur

It is very...very slow. But you can do it. Supplement that with with Overseer exp. and you can hit 120 before the next expansion probably. I was doing mercenary quests in the Great Divide yesterday and was getting .1% per kill. So, 1000 kills for a level, minus some because I'm getting 8% from the achievement. Still not good enough to box the missions for the big exp rewards, though.
    Stymie and Hobitses like this.
  8. Laronk Augur

The missions are hard to box though unless you have raid gear but there’s still people that run them you just need to be persistent in general chat or even post here in the forums with your server and try to get help.
  9. Arkanny Augur

I got my sk the 106 trade gear, same for the bst. the bard is still using that gives like 2k hps so its really weak, but i remember it being super good for pulling and buffing the overall group. Missions are not an option for now, because the wizard is overleveled so the rest of the group specially tank can't handle. By HAs do you mean gribbles? i remember doing it way back then, and didnt know they scaled! that's usefull thanks. The tought about the cleric, is because i'll have to go after some old raids for progression and stuff like rk3 twincast. And i've used that account ever since that friend quit in PoP all the way to 105 with no problems. Anyways thanks for the tips!
  10. Tucoh Augur

Stick with the sk, mag, move the brd in. Prioritize gearing the sk and learn how to play it well. Learn how to single pull from the bard. Start with a conservative melody on the bard and don't bother slowing. Create a decent couple of macros on the mage to keep their casts running.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

Warrior merc and 2 cleric mercs. Try to pull singles. On easier content, you can use 1 war, 1 clr and 1 rog.

You have pretty terrible toons for alt+tab boxing, but use Gina, it's completely okay because all it does is read your log file and say things. My mage has a social with proper delays so it uses RS pet and then starts a timer when that spell is cast. After the 5 actions, the timer ends and I activate the key again.
    Metanis and Hobitses like this.
  12. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

How do you safely use /melody on a box? whenever I do that, the mobs aggros on the bard when beneficial songs land on on my main while pulling. The auras are nice, and I've gotten the bard(s) to 115. If I got the bard to 120/aas/gear then maybe I could pull with them, but they aren't there yet, and I have my pulling muscle memory tied to my mage. But the bard keeps getting flattened.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

Stop the melody or tag the pull with a tank. As a ENC/MAG box, I could not use a BRD. I mostly see BRD boxes with plate tanks.
  14. Arkanny Augur

yall missing the fact my main is the wizard, just saying =P
  15. Tucoh Augur

Sorry, misremembered.

Is wiz + sk + brd a combination your accounts support?
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Find a friend or two. Many players will be happy to help a returning player get caught up.

As for using /melody safely on a box, you pay attention. Bard dies sometimes, but who cares. It's only a bard.
    Coagagin likes this.
  17. Arkanny Augur

i intend to, but i need to get the ball rolling.
    Well i'll get the bard in shape then and switch the bst out for it. Thanks for all the tips bros.
  18. Qimble Augur

I have seen exactly 2 max level wizard mains in the last 3 years. Can't blame folks for not noticing, wizzies barely exist. (Shoot, my guild hasn't had a wizzie in the raid force at all during that time span)
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

At 106 the bard can tribute now unless you are using the beast pet to tank. I think you definitely need to have either the beast or mage though to pet tank to make going easier if you don't have the time to dedicate to the SK.

If you are going to main the wizard though I would just go wiz + mage + enchanter. That would be a pretty solid combo and it wouldn't take you that long to get the new enchanter up to speed.
    Coagagin likes this.
  20. Alnitak Augur

At 105- you can get armor like (I use gloves as example):
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=146930&aug5=147204&aug9=147197
    That's 212 AC, 3925 HP gauntlets.
    At 106+ you can get it upgraded to Conflagrant gloves:
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=152051
    That's 398 AC, 4610 HP gauntlets.
    Both can be free if you farm components yourself or a guildmate or a good samaritan can help you with farming/missions/combining.
    Your bard has no excuse wearing 2K-level armor.

Please note, both are non-prestige. I don't know the account level for your bard, I assumed - Silver.