Test Update 07/12/2022 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When I go from windowed mode to full screen all the chat boxes are stacked on top of each other and not where they should be! They shouldn't move at all as they are locked in place, so I cannot acidently move them while I'm playing.

The rest of the UI looks normal although the event notification window seems to have appeared out of no where in the middle of my quest window. :rolleyes:
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It seems EQ lost my 1920 by 1080 screen size and only had smaller sizes. He changed it in the file and it seems to have fixed the size issue.
  3. Grotbogger New Member

After the late night patch session when an account first loads into the world it now takes at least 3 minutes when it used to to be around 30 seconds.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sorry for the slow response but I can't seem to reproduce it anymore. I tried to recopy my live UI but it is now loading with no errors.
  5. Grotbogger New Member

6. Lenivaya Journeyman

Test just dropped, showing as down on server select
  7. Kinil71 New Member

8. Stonnee New Member

I believe that others have a similar problem that I do but do not see it specifically in this stream. Since the patch on Tuesday, I cannot get beyond the character select screen. EQ as a Task goes "Not Responding" once I select a character and try to enter the game. Others on the net seem to think that it is a UI problem. I don't have anything fancy in my UI except adding chat windows to separate hits etc, moving them around to create viewing area and adding more Hot Bars. Please do not tell me that I have to reset my UI on all my characters just to log them in. I have tried three different accounts with the same result.
  9. Hendar Augur

Regarding the crashes on Test... I see inventory issues right before the server goes down. I might be unable to bring up the inventory window. Or I cannot pick up an item in a plot. I saw a client freeze up today. I also had an unusual situation where one box could see an item on the ground, but nobody else could.

I'm not sure if any of this helps, but it might give someone an idea later on.
  10. EQGenericName theychangedmyname

Yall really screwed this one up huh ... may wanna tell live servers the truth that you need 48-72 hrs or maybe postpone the patch until you can actually work out the kinks
  11. Grotbogger New Member

I have been gone a number of years, so I don't know if it was reported before, but I thought Aspect of the Brood had 2 models. Flying/Walking. When activating walking mode it just makes the dragon model look like its flying slowly now. Kinda weakens the allure of purchasing Storm Break packs when they come around again.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Excuse the pictures, Screen shots not working on test and I'm too hot and tired to figure out why.

UI is messed up when going from full screen to windowed view, but worse when forced to login in window mode.Window mode doesn't work the same when logging in as it does when you switch when already logged in.

UI setup in full screen
    [IMG]

UI when forced to log in in window mode
    [IMG]

UI when changed from window to full screen (note the boxes do not go back where they should be)
    [IMG]

Changing to window mode in game (already logged in UI set as first pic before changing)
    [IMG]

Changing back to full screen from the above window mode (note only the boxes on the left are the only thing wrong, everything else has returned to where it should be. When I've gone from window mode to full screen in the past Hotbars 1 & 2 used to stay the correct shape and only 3 & 4 would be as they are shown in the picture below. Not sure when changes were made to hotbars 1 & 2 to work the same as 3 & 4. Hot bars 1 & 2 need to be changed back to work how they used to and 3 & 4 need to be changed to work the same way.
    [IMG]
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Granted unusable rewards until I reach level 85.

This is a char transfered over from Vaniki (current max level is 55). Not sure where these packs have come from, but they should not be granted to a char not high enough to use them and certainly should not show up on a server where Overseer is not unlocked.

I know this is test and everything is unlocked. But they still shouldn't be granted to a char of the wrong level.
    [IMG]
    Hobitses likes this.
  14. Danladil Elder

When I log into TEST none of my characters are showing up, I get a character loading message that eventually times out with another message saying Some characters took too long to load. Please logout and log back in to attempt to load these characters again.
    Ok i have logged out and re-patched several times still no characters
  15. Hobs Elder

I had that happen to one of my accounts last Thursday when the crashes started but it resolved itself by the following day. In your case you may need to petition. From what I read it's some bug that causes your characters to detach from your account in the database and they have to fix that on their end.

I may be mistaken on the exact cause or issue but I do know they can fix it. I love your signature by the way. It's pretty funny and cool.
  16. Hobs Elder

That's a nice monitor!

So have you tried using alt enter when you first load in to go from windowed mode to full screen? I do that and it leaves my UI alone. You can also completely reset your UI back to what you have set by using copy layout and finding your character's UI in the list. You'll want to check the 3 boxes in that window then click copy.
    Knifen likes this.
  17. niente Developer

Can you PM me the name of one of your characters on Test? (Or a character and server name on Live that you copy over)
  18. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Is this the "We have no clue how we broke it, so we will pretend the darkened version is the default and let users solve the issue on their own" fix for the gamma settings going bonkers from a few months ago? Because sure as hell looks like it. A change that makes no sense, that none asked for, that helps none whatsoever, and that is just yet another annoyance for your playerbase to deal with.
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You really need to just undo the default windowed mode setting. Why would you even do this?
    Thunderkiks, Velisaris_MS and Yinla like this.
  20. Perihelion Journeyman

I was since told that a windowed launch is only available option as of new patch. Oh well, so I logged in tonight to "Whack" char in bazaar and of course my UI was scattered. When I found the toolbar I clicked on Display and selected Full screen mode to rearrange screen, and instead of going full screen it winked quickly and collapsed/closed. I used Task Manager to disable eqgame and relaunched to find other characters have same problem:
    select Fullscreen Button and display winks quickly and closes leaving me looking at my computer wallpaper.
    Since the patch I have been rearranging UI's each time I log into each toon by selecting Fullscreen and moving boxes back into place but now can't even do that.