[Mischief][DEVS] Quest armor regent drop rates

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elite_raider, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Elite_raider Augur

The drop rate for the regents you need to hand in with the quest armor that drops in Anguish needs to be looked at please.

Along with the fact that expansions are no longer 1 year long, but 2 to 3 months and some items not getting randomized for the quest armor (drops from the NOC mobs) and throw in the fact that the drops are supper rare to begin with from that mob type. We are going towards a situation were 80 to 90% of the people who has a full set of quest armor from Anguish, are missing the drops from the trash mobs to complete the armor (not from lack of trying, some have gotten hundreds of AA's camping the zones the quest items drop in, and have yet to get their full set to drop).

This is especially clear for the drops for plate classes, that have allot of rare drops of NOC mobs in omens, and the NOC mobs that can drop the quest items have a rarity of 1 to 50 compared to other mobs that can drop quest items for the armor. On top of that no NOC mobs can spawn in Anguish instances, so that just exacerbates the problem.

ATM drops to finish the Anguish quest armor for plate classes that drop of NOC mobs cost 10.000x of what other quest items for non plate classes cost in the bazaar, and there are generally just 1 or 2 items for sale at any given time. Considering you need 2 of them per quest armor (apart from BP and legs that need 3) on a server with thousands of people were the majority are plate tanks, clerics and bards.... Well, it doesn't look good.

Please consider upping the drop rates of the quest items needed to finish the tier 2 armor for all classes, and especially the quest items for plate classes that now only drop of NOC mobs.

PS: Boot quest drops from Anguish is a tad rare considering how important the focus on them is for all classes.
  2. Gheed Is not reading your response

PS: Chest drops are quite rare in Anguish for my liking, please boost them because they are very good. Must be Mischief!
  3. Elite_raider Augur

Nice troll, try again. BP's are quite common, as has been shown in previous posts on this forum.

Edit: On Mischief that is
  4. Triconix Augur

OOW wasn't a one year expansion.

The drops rates are fine. You have 5 months between oow and don to farm whatever.

The cleric boot focus is found on AMV shoulders. Tacvi boots are fine. Fero V is found on Hanvar shoulders. Get tacvi boots for the war because the heroics are better anyways.

You don't need full BIS each expansion. That's entitlement. Live guilds didn't even beat OMM until DON released.
    Aeonblade likes this.
  5. Xhartor Augur

All the tank classes switch to culture once DoDh comes because the last blood augs drop like candy.
  6. Elite_raider Augur

Always fun when people respond with "answers" that don't account for human behavior...

As new expansions drop, less and less people will be farming the mobs that drop the quest stuff as people will be more spread out and doing the latest "new thing" which will exacerbate the problem. So you clearly either don't understand the problem or just chose a negative stance because you want/need some attention or feel bad and want others to feel bad as well. That said, though, from your previous posts, you are clearly just a bored (you know what) that likes to jank peoples chain.

An item like AMV or Hanvar shoulders that is 30x more rare then the boot drop that you suggest that it can be replaced by, is not a solution, it is just you throwing out a smoke screen hoping that people won't realize that your attempts at invalidating the points in the post is just pure bull sh...

No one is saying that, stop projecting your own bad/selfish mental constructs on to others.
  7. Triconix Augur

Seems like a player problem, not a game problem.

There isn't much to do in DON. You should still be spending plenty of time in OOW zones. If you knew these expansions you'd realize that.

I guess maybe the rerollers have finally tried to experience "new" content on their hand out server and experiencing everything isn't a handout still. Too bad. The drop rate was fine with basically no complaints on every single TLP about it
    As someone who went the entirety of OOW and DON without a fero item on a warrior, I can say from personal experience that you're coming across as an entitled baby who can't get all the toys in the toy store. Boots are more beneficial to other classes. Let them go to pet classes first and foremost. Grow up and wait until DODH if you must and make an FV last blood like I did.

My point still remains. You have an alternate option if you really feel Fero is so critical.

You're coming across like it.
  8. Elite_raider Augur

Ahh, so this clears it up, you don't understand the problem and are discussing based on your lack of knowledge of how Mischief works. It's always the one's that know the least that are the surest of their opinions as they say.

The reason why "no one" complained on previous TLP's is because the drop rates were balanced, however on Mischief they increased the armor drop rates, but did not increase the quest drop rates to the same lvl's, so now there is a discrepancy in the drop rates for the two required items to finish any given tier 2 quest armor.

Again, don't project your selfish nature on to others... Firstly I have my full set of armor, so I am not here for me, I am here for everyone else that doesn't have the resources or time to spend in the game to finish their armor because of the discrepancy of the drop rates of the 2 needed items for the quest armor. Secondly, again, don't project the fact that you think fero is the most important focus on boots on to me, it is clearly the pet and heal focus and to some extent the cleave focus.

So, feel free to try to troll again and maybe this time try not to look like a clueless ......
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You don't sound very "elite".

Just leveling to 69 in MPG got me all the components I needed as a plate class.

This can't be a serious thread.
    Triconix and Gheed like this.
  10. Lineater Augur

Pretty sure it's just RNG. I got six noc right hands in 2-3 hours one night when they were selling for between 150 and 300k on the bazaar. And it took me just as long to get two Kyv sacks when they were selling for like 15-20k. And I was grinding up north where more Kyv Hunters seem to spawn because it was the sacks I was after.
  11. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

BIS lists are pretty cancerous to be honest after spell focuses come out anyway. Every item becomes situational and 20hp or 5ac isn't going to outdo getting the proper spell focuses. Agreed though.
  12. Intercept Augur

The triple loot far exceeds the trash drop rates please help
    Elite_raider and Lineater like this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Experience in omens instead of paw and I'm sure you won't have a problem. And then 80 or so components I have in my bags from just a few times exping in MPG and RSS indicates you are completely wrong.
  14. Elite_raider Augur

Some components are very common and are selling for 1pp in the bazaar, other components like Crystal of Yearning and other drops form the NOC mobs are insanely rare atm. There is one person selling 6 atm, and that is the guy selling AE PL's in RCoD, you shouldn't have to AE an entire zone 12 hours a day for weeks on end to get 6 of them to sell....
  15. Magician9001 Augur

Just go XP at 6 way in MPG you'll have a multiple full sets of the trash drops before you get 10% of the OoW AAs
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Considering neither noc right hands nor crystal of yearning drop in RCoD, what is your point?

I have 6 crystal of yearning on me, right now. I also have around 650 aa spent on that character. So no, it doesn't take crazy grinding. Just go camp the stuff where it drops.

https://eq.magelo.com/item/51488

Its a 2% drop rate. That isn't that awful, just kill nocs in mpg.
  17. Elite_raider Augur

Spent prob over 20 hours at 6 way since OoW launch, seen 1 Crystal of Yearning in that time (bought the other one I needed), and guildies are reporting the same drop rate of the noc mobs.

So the question is, what are you basing your "suggestion"/statement on?
  18. Elite_raider Augur

You've been super lucky then, there is a reason why there is a difference in the prices and amount of different quest items in the bazaar (Crystal of Yearning among other quest items form the NOC mobs are 10.000x the prices and 100 times less items available compared to other quest items). It's not because everyone has 6x Crystal of Yearning in their inventory like you......
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Both noc right hand and crystal of yearning have a 2% drop rate from elite noc cleavers in MPG. So go kill those, just invis and run around the zone killing them, can probably kill 20 without having to kill anything else just doing that, and they will eventually drop.

https://eq.magelo.com/profile/4072077

The bottom left box in inventory shows all the stuff I've looted for omens t2 armor. I have only done around 200 aa this expansion, I don't play a ton. Half of that was anguish, and probably 50-60 aa were in MPG. And that doesn't count the ones used in armor for myself, my wife's shaman, or anyone that asked for pieces. It is not that bad. Just go camp where the stuff drops.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The prices in the bazaar on these servers is a joke. People price everything at ridiculous prices. Doesn't mean anyone is buying them. The ones that drop from more limited mob types and for armor types that are gear dependent (tanks) are going to be USED by people. Most people don't even roll on these things either, or let them rot, because other than getting their own armor, they don't care. Just grind in mpg or invis and move throughout and pick off all the nocs and they will come.