Mischief - State of Epic 1.5/2.0 Camps (Bard Epic Dire Animals, Warrior EW 2.0 Step & Others)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Classiclizard, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Habeeb New Member

This really has become a significantly bad issue. It's only going to get worse as more people start working on their 1.5s/2s also. Something really needs to be done about it.
  2. Malkurus New Member

Signed. Devs please take a look at these quests. The Warrior part in EW should be at the top of the list of needing an adjustment. The other 2 right behind it.
  3. Porce New Member

I don't know, it's a lot of fun sitting at Jaggedpine waiting for that forest dragon to spawn, only for Yet Another Box Army to come and squat themselves down on it so they can sell the crystal and on that note, why on earth are the Dragon Crystals for the bard 1.5 tradeable when almost no other pieces are???
  4. FranktheBank Augur

People have been selling the JP crystal? Where? How much? The only one I have ever seen for sale for the NK one.
  5. Zuren New Member

Based on the lack of activity or any patch updates it seems there is little care for improve anything expressed in this post. Posting again to reiterate that ignoring the player base seems like bad business to me. Unless you think 1 person paying for 6 accounts is more valuable than 1 person paying for 1 account. Careful putting all your eggs in such a small basket of players though. As soon as the little guy quits because of unfair play, and the box army's have no one to sell their Krono to, there is no one left to care anymore.
  6. Triconix Augur

Quite presumptuous of you considering they had literally zero patches since this thread was posted (I don't count the June patch because the test patches was already put in place prior to this post).

No matter how much the community whines, the devs rarely ever "ignore" the players. There have been dozens of examples of patches and fixes just this year alone that were put in place because of player feedback.
    Stymie likes this.
  7. Stymie Pendragon

I agree with the sentiment from the original post. There has never been anything "epic" about staring at a wall for hours on end. I think that a lot of players would enjoy playing these eras of the game more if the battles were the hard part, rather than scheduling large blocks of time to do pretty much nothing.

The reduced timeline for expansion releases doesn't help either. Not all people have access to a raid party ready to mobilize whenever their mob finally spawns.

Changing just a couple of aspects about the epic questlines will have a tangible impact on the QoL for not only the folks playing TLP today, but also for everyone else in the future. It would also be a boon to the live servers.
  8. TheChosenOne Augur

No one asked you, outsider
  9. TheChosenOne Augur

thats because nobody plays on thornblade
  10. TheChosenOne Augur

Most people go to work 8+ hours a day, presumably get 5-8 hours of sleep, and then have a life somewhere in there as well

Typically the only people who enjoy such bottlenecks are neckbeards who can play 12+ hours a day and Kronolords trying to make rent on their poverty apartment
  11. Triconix Augur

I guess we can confirm that the complaint that devs don't listen was premature:

- Enabled /pickzone in Jaggedpine Forest.
    Appren and Captain Video like this.
  12. Zuren New Member

Fair enough. It just can be frustrating at times.
  13. Lucerin Apprentice

I’m hoping that this upcoming patch was their way of making an easy change soon, with a plan to address other things this post has highlighted in the future.

I’m interested to know what the /pick threshold will be.
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

They are 6x more valuable, duh.

Do you get this game isn't some egalitarian utopia and is a BUSINESS? They want to make money, and the fact you posted that is simply bizarre.
    Stymie and Appren like this.
  15. Panikker Elder

From a business perspective alienating the other half of the population also is not great. If you think single account users are less than boxers you are completely mistaken. But I guess we are to blame!. Giving money to a company that simple does not care about costumers or single account holders as you say is idiotic. We are all idiots for throwing money to them. LOL The proof that DGB does not care is on YouTube. Many farmers are using programs to cheat; easily detectable and if they just log into the game as old GMs did they would be banning most jerks. But they don't. At least one person is doing something. Go here to see how DBG just does not care : "youtube.com/user/bilefroth89" !
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Then lump me in with DBG. Because...I...don't...care.

I laugh when people are suspended for cheating. I applaud when people are suspended for botting. Good riddance and you reap what you sew.

BUT...I...don't...care.

I rarely see all these supposed botters everywhere. I am not saying I never have, we even had an entire guild on xegony that was one guy that was running obvious software and trying to do open raids (he couldn't do them himself I guess as he only had 24 or something). It exists. But I don't see it, I don't see them harassing people, I don't see them bothering people, they never bother me.

What bothers me way more is these forums cluttered up with half the threads being whinefest complaints about these horrid botter/boxer/cheaters that are ruining the game for the OPs when the more likely reality is that no one wants to group with them because they are annoying people and bad players and thus they can't admit that, so fall back on the sad old "botters" whine as the reason there is no one to play with them.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  17. Glowerss Augur

Iunno, this thread feels a little unnecessary other than the Warrior portion in EW. I have done all of the other complained about epics multiple times for my alts/help friends on Mischief and each time the named parts were either uncontested or there was maybe 1 other person there at most. This includes doing a bard epic on day like 2 or 3 of the expansion.

It's also worth noting we're not even halfway through Omens and virtually all of these mobs are completely uncontested. If you waited a few weeks for the bulk to get past you could do any 1.5 or 2.0 sans the warrior epic trivially with little to no competition.

You can also now solve all of these bottlenecks through pickzones, now that JP is getting one.

A 24 hour respawn for a trigger that can potentially fail and cause you to wait another hour is just ridiculous though and unquestionably should be changed to not be that.