Addressing DEV NEGLECTED Priest/Caster Weapon Skills

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zheros, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Zheros Lorekeeper

Ok so while this is not a Game Bug, it is addressing a ever growing lack of attention by the Devs regarding Piest and Caster Class weapon skills over the last 10 years.

Over the last few years it has become extremely aparent the Devs have OVERLOOKED keeping both Priest (Druids and Shaman specific - Clerics are not affected since they are limited to Blunt weapons) and Caster Classes useable weapons up to par with the game development. I wont go through each and every class but I will use a couple of specific examples:
    • Druids 1 Hand Slash = primary weapon used to be a Scimitar
      • One of the only post 90 1HS style weapons for Druids = Crystal-bladed Sword
      • In general most Druid Weapons have all become 1 or 2 Hand Blunt = this DOES NOT allow for building the 1HS skill
    • Shaman 1 and 2 Hand Piercing = while there are a few Hardcore Heritage Weapons that fit the 1HP skill Shaman miss out on their 2HP skill building in favor of again 1 or 2 HB weapons
    • Most casters have 1 Hand Piercing as well and just like Shaman those weapons are selectively becoming less and less
    The point is the Skill Caps continue to SKYROCKET and these classses are loosing ways of building those skills with a LEVEL APPROPRIATE weapon.
    • Who wants to use a weapon thats 15-20 levels behind and costing you THOUSANDS of HP or MANA and possibly HUNDREDS of AC and other stats???
    So here is a SIMPLE SUGGESTION to the Devs on how to FIX this ever growing problem:
    • Make the Weapon Augments capable of giving the Weapon Skills (Example = using a 1Hand Slashing, Piercing or whatever augment in a weapon allows the Weapon Skill to gain credit for transforming the weapon INTO that type of weapon while the Augment is present - this fix resolves the evergrowin issue, keeps players skills in range, and would take little coding)
    • Alternatively create more level appropriate weapons for the classes being affected
    • Alternatively (and this is probably going to cause a commotion) STOP raising the limits of Priest and Caster class weapon skills (Example = 325/325 1 Hand Slash/Pierce) so that the classes DO NOT have to chase a Skill Limit that they cant have a decent current weapon for.
  2. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

As this is not a bug, it has been moved to a discussion forum.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

If you really want to raise your weapon skill, equip an old weapon, stats don't matter, and just ask a group killing stuff if they don't mind you doing 0dps and raising your weapon skill. Nobody is forcing you to raise those skills.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

The last few expansions have all had class-specific primary weapons for Druids (1hs) and Shaman (1hp).
  5. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Ah yes. Us druids and shamans really need some more love. Please focus on our melee, you know...because class balance.
    Fenthen and Velisaris_MS like this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Devs, don't worry about the mana starvation druids have or their declining healing power relative to shamans and paladins, just be sure they get an upgrade to https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=167559 in the next expansion and they're good.
  7. Mykaylla Augur

I think we all know that what ToL needed, was a Goranga Spear.
    How could we Free the Goranga and not be rewarded with a spear?

Mel Gibson must be so disappointed.
    Stymie and Fuelforfire like this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

1 - If there are no new weapons in those categories, they why worry about the skill falling behind?

2 - With the change from a few (2-3) years back, skills far from current cap progress VERY quickly. So, when you do finally get a weapon of the type you want, you won't have to worry about the skill lagging, it will catch up before you know it
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

What we really need, as I've stated in the past, is for some Clerical rebalancing. The entire class structure is just so damn boring that we're running 3 clerics in one guild, 4-5 in another guild, 2 in a third guild on FV. Yes, that guild ran raids with just two clerics last week. No one likes several hours of hitpoint whack-a-mole. No one likes being told their primary job function is to not do anything but mash 1 poor keyboard number/letter for 3 hours. That's not fun at all, and anyone telling you otherwise is lying.
    Annastasya, Metanis and Velisaris_MS like this.
  10. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

need more deaths so you can rez and rebuff people..
    Tatanka likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The lashings will continue until morale improves! ;)
    Metanis and Nennius like this.
  12. Rolaque Ancient

"Druids 1 Hand Slash = primary weapon used to be a Scimitar
    One of the only post 90 1HS style weapons for Druids = Crystal-bladed Sword
    In general most Druid Weapons have all become 1 or 2 Hand Blunt = this DOES NOT allow for building the 1HS skill."

For a few years, there was a hiatus of current 1HS weapons for druids. But that never stopped me from keeping that skill maxed out. But last few expansions have had druid 1HS well in hand. This isn't an issue any longer, imho.

This is my current inventory of post 90 1HS druid weapons in my housing:
    Scimitar of Seasons (90)
    Crystal-Bladed Sword (95)
    Possessed Dreadstone Warden's Scimitar (100)
    Velium Enhanced Scimitar (115)
    Velium Endowed Sabre (115)
    Luclinite Coagulated Scimitar (120)
  13. Kaeladar Journeyman

The priest weapons are not very balanced, especially with the current value of DPS, the DPS weapons are way too powerful even in terms of just mana regen, especially the 2 handers.
    But even among the 1 handers, the scimitar in particular is not an option, it has almost identical stats to the 1H censer, but you lose 42 HWIS compared to the censer.
    It's a very heavy price to pay for an alternate skin.

I wish they would either stop adding them or make them usable, in the current state they are just teasing us.
  14. Petalonyx Augur

About time for some competitive 1H + offhand setups for priests and casters. EOK Obulus was nice.
    Stymie likes this.
  15. Stymie Pendragon

I haven't played my Mage since EOK, but he still has one equipped when I log him in. I've always been a fan of 1-hander and shield/tomb setups versus 2-handed. :)