Vaniki Achievements not achievable?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Imdead, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Imdead Augur

Vaniki just hit level 55 cap last week and unlike previous level unlocks it's looking entirely possible that one or more of the achievements might not be possible. It's still early in the 4 week timeframe for this level lock but I'm curious what the community thinks should be done if these achievements aren't completed? Should they be pushed to the level 60 achievement tier or missed entirely by the server?

Thinking that Cragbeast and the LDoN look particularly tough although I've known fully level 65 guilds to wipe to initial encounters of Sol Ro early in the POP cycle.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What is the achievement that you think can't be done?
  3. Vicious EQ Elder

It is too early to determine what is and is not achievable. You'll need to gear up over the next 3 weeks to take out any of the 55 achievements though that's for sure...Gloomingdeep heroes won't cut it
    Imdead likes this.
  4. Iyacc Augur

Awesome guild name.... Gloomingdeep Heroes
    Imdead likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

All of them are theoretically achievable.

Theoretically achievable yet unachieved objectives in games are valuable in of themselves, and you really shouldn't underestimate an experienced playerbase's ability to exploit such an open game like EQ.
    Duder and Imdead like this.
  6. Vengaz New Member

I kind of have my suspicion about all of them being achievable. Specifically Lethar in Ashengate requires corruption resist and cures, but those spells aren't in game for like 10 levels. Good luck curing the death touches!
  7. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Have they confirmed if this is Lethar 1.0 or 2.0 for the achievement? I agree 2.0 is likely impossible to do in era on Vaniki.
  8. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

I really like the optimism inherent in your question that they even know there's two different versions or even gave it more than a second thought.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Stymie Pendragon

I seem to recall discussion about a similar concern involving Fear not too long ago. I could have the details messed up though. /shrug

I can picture this particular server rules being like the dodge ball guy chucking wrenches at the devs. :)
  10. Vicus Augur

Well one down. Wasn't easy but achievable. 1 of 4 achievement down. Next two in our sights. Btw the Magus reward is amazing.

https://discord.gg/2VKtEHAaED

Vicus

[IMG]
    Tropi, Imdead and Rebelord like this.
  11. Imdead Augur

Awesome, congratulations!
    Vicus likes this.
  12. Vicus Augur

Appreciate it.
  13. Imdead Augur

Mind sharing what the Token of the Magus actually is if someone claimed it?
  14. Gwence Journeyman

It’s a personal ldon magus that anyone can use to port to ldon camps, abysmal sea, etc
    Imdead likes this.
  15. Vicus Augur

Summons a magus like this. Allows anyone in the area to use it until you zone or you use it yourself. All LDON Camps and Natambi are available.

[IMG]
    Imdead and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  16. Pappasalt Augur

I think that was my only suggestion that made it through on the dev talks lol.
    Imdead likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You got your pegasus too, or as near to it as they could without having to create a new model. :)
    Imdead likes this.
  18. Vicus Augur

Two of the four complete. Emp wasn't to bad. Other two are on the plate. Cragbeast regen was something. Not going to say it's unkillable yet though. I do think 1-55 needed to be a total of 3 months vice only being 2.5 months. Omens to PoR = 3 months and that feels perfect I believe, but with 1 month sitting at 40 kinda hampered progress a little. While we did some great things at 40, most of that gear was replaced right away at 50. Now at 55...1 month to push Elementals/Time/LDON and Gates raids...is asking a bit to much when you also have 4 achievements to conquer.

Still looking forward to the next challenge though. Love the server.

[IMG]
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.
  19. Vicus Augur

Well 3 of the achievements are down. First guild to get to three, but Cragbeast is something else. We will probably give it one more shot but even Daybreak staff knows they think it might be unkillable (not accepting that yet though).

None of the achievements seemed impossible, just have to put a little work in.
    [IMG]
    Tucoh likes this.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Nice work, as a spectator I appreciate the updates. What's your best result on Cragbeast Queen? Gotta imagine if your best attempt gets her to 90% the devs will prefer to adjust if there's enough time. I still think it makes sense to delay the unlocks until ~2x the window has elapsed if nobody completes the achievements!