Castles, Dungeons & Keeps for Housing

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koveras, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Redrum_Redrum Augur

I agree it should be somewhat oriented around your player race/starting city and not to out of touch with basic Everquest design/architecture of the original home city styles.
  2. WarSheol Augur

I have been wanting and asking for this since HoT beta lol I had to manualy make my house look like a castle using stone walls ect looks great was on the EQ home show front page for a while :cool:

Castles dungeons towers maybe even a model like the tiny castle to zone into plane of mischief Gimme Gimme heh.

Oh and more Thrones please :cool:
  3. Pizacatto - CT Augur

I took a Portal Shield (one of those conjured ones from my Mage) that's a shield that looks like a door and has 1 charge for Port to PoK and shrunk it and made it a mouse door in my house. Now, if only I could find a mouse pet...
  4. Pouncequick Journeyman

Cause anything that might generate any more revenue for them would be bad for the game somehow?

This would be purely cosmetic, therefore marketplace appropriate.

That said, you can build a castle facade from scratch with parts already available in and/or out of the marketplace.
  5. Arwyn-RoV Augur

Its kinda obvious to me Mell, and whats even funnier is that SoE likely already has the shape files for these things at hand. If I were playing an ogre, I might like a structure that looks like something from Oggok or Feerrott, along with the same items for chairs, beds, household items etc. Hell, Shrek up the joint and give me a placeable swamp, even.
  6. Caudyr Augur

I built a house in VG and a boat, too. I realize how many parts they require.

However, TS items are much more common here than in VG as you don't have to run around like a lunatic competing to click on harvestable resources to harvest 'em, hoping for a rare piece.

What i meant was that the TS could have you build the walls, then the rooms, then put the rooms in and build the house/castle itself and then place it. I realize it would be a lot of combines, but it's a good alternative to having to pay RL cash a lot of people don't have for something, imo. -_-
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Worth repeating every once in awhile.

And the necro craze goes on.
    Hobitses and Fenthen like this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Yes guild halls should have dungeons.
    pvp enabled dungeons
    Hobitses likes this.
  9. Hegsheoshed Augur

It might be going a bit overboard but I would like the luxury of a tarpaulin to cover the hole.
  10. Ranger Dave Lorekeeper

the market place has towers, wall sections, open and closed drawbridges, gate houses and moat sections you can buy and place on you plot. I built such a castle/keep on the FV server.
    108 Park Circle, Cedar Country Hollow. Come check it out and see if its to your liking.
    Hobitses and Fenthen like this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

In the Palatial Guild Hall's there is a small dungeon

Moving straight in from the front door, thru the arch to the next door. Don't go off to the sides.

When you open that door there is a three sided room and in the middle of that room is a split ramp that goes down each side. At the bottom is what I would consider a dungeon, at least I put over 20 dungeon type mobs in there. Kinda scary until you remember nothing attacks you in guild halls:D
    Hobitses likes this.
  12. Arkanny Augur

ok now i want a wizard ivory tower.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Hobitses and Nennius like this.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Nice a thread from 2012! Woo Hoo haha
  15. Hobs Elder

Yes? :D
  16. Hobs Elder

I know this is super old now but since someone else necroed it check this out

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I do wish they'd do more with Player Studio because several of you are very talented like IceSy, MasterMagnus, Paul and many others but sadly they abandoned it years ago and seem to have no interest in resurrecting it and generating steady relatively easy revenue from it.
    IceSy and MasterMagnus like this.
  17. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Only way they'd bring it back would be to make PS items a "cash only" purchase. They lose money on PS with 500 DBC free every month and paying royalty
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Thank you! You are so kind. It was so much fun to do, for all of us, and really appreciate the acknowledgement.

You all may be surprised.

While it is true neither DB nor Player Studio artists make anything from Free DB spent, sales are still steady after all these years.

It costs them nothing literally, our cut is AFTER their costs. And it's all been sitting there for years making money after they closed the program.

There are a number of items that are in the game files you all download, inexplicably, they've never made available on the marketplace.

After the sale to Daybreak our sales slowly trickled down to about 1/10th what they were. But have stayed steady or picked up a little in the past few years.
    IceSy and Hobitses like this.
  19. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

By "they" I meant DBG. The creators get their cut. If paid for with free DBC, that's a loss/cost to DBG. But if you don't get a cut from it (how do they know what is what?) that is something else.