Every week, there is a level 1 bard that trains the hell out of sol b and the hole

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Forbick, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Boogatti Lorekeeper

We need this hero to be reinstated before the platinum inflation hits.
  2. Dailor Augur

If they can warp, they can taunt.
  3. Zinkeh Augur

Just shows how much the community at large cannot stand these camp stealing, kill stealing entitled players. Folks see the same people doing the same crap day in and day out and feel Daybreak isn't doing anything so they take it upon themselves. I don't support any of this botting, warping , far taunting crap normally but if the GM's are going let these professional RMT botters have free reign on every TLP going back years having someone show up and fight fire with fire is somewhat satisfying.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

America taught me that the ends justify the means, what's a few bombed out schools and hospitals matter if you're spreading freedom and democracy.

I feel that same way about level 1 bards warping, if it's for a good cause anything goes.
    Gheed likes this.
  5. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I guess... I might have to try a TLP some day to see if they are as big of a dumpster fire as these forums make them seem.

Rampant botting, 24/7 camp monopolization, same guilds getting server firsts year in year out, raid loot for personal RMT gain before guild, sleeper being awoken drama, ruleset imbalances that the people with the most playtime take advantage of before nerfs.

At least that's what I get from browsing here.
  6. Gnothappening Augur

Yeah and that isn't anywhere near what they are like. They are fun servers packed with a ton of people.

Yes, there are some botters, but when you have 9 picks of Lower Guk, not counting the Hole and Sol B, it won't impact you that much exping. A more annoying factor than the botters are the karens who think they know what botting looks like (or just don't care or want your camp) and report regular people for playing the game.

Sleeper will never live long on any TLP. It is sad, but if people want to see the sleeper, they need to plan ahead and put in the effort to see it.

As for ruleset imbalances that people exploit before nerfs, those only happen on new TLPs with a wacky ruleset.

Don't let forum crybabies and crybullies keep you from trying out a TLP for fun.
    MacDubh likes this.
  7. Midnitewolf Augur

Might not be cheating and I know this is a matter of strong debate, but a single person running 5 computers camping an area or mob designed for 5-6 individuals, thus preventing those individuals isn't really good for the game either. The Devs may be OK with this activity and someone training you is obviously violating the terms and conditions of the game and impinging on your rights to play 5 characters thus depriving others of access to that content, but I can understand why your getting caught up in vigilante behavior against RMT bot groups that functionally are doing the exact same thing your doing with your 5-box solo group.

Honestly I can't really tell the difference between a bot group and someone like yourself. I just see a bunch of toons auto-following each other, holding camps I would like to advantage of myself while I am sitting there LFG thinking that 5 of the other people sitting there LFG could be enjoying themselves at that camp if only someone wasn't selfishly 5 or 6 boxing solo. Doesn't really matter it is a chinese botter or a legitimate 5-6 box, the results are the same.

Anyway, not condoning the behavior because toxicity no matter what the form, just makes the game worse for everyone, but I do think you have to at least see things from the other person's viewpoint. I mean it shouldn't be too much of a leap to see that whether it is a bot or box group, they both create the same issues for other players. If your going to be mad, be mad at the Devs for not resolving the Chinese RMT botting issues and allowing your legitimate 5 box group to be potentially mistaken for these cancerous individuals that don't belong in the game. Once those are gone, then blame the player training you.
  8. Captain Video Augur

The days of EQ having a large enough playerbase to provide constant PUGs are loooong gone. There is a ton of group content in the game which simply cannot be done except by boxing. You haven't played the game nearly as much as you claim if you don't understand this concept. I don't personally box 5-6, but I do box 2 on a TLP and 3+3 on my live server. This gives me a whole lot more I can do in-game when a larger group isn't available. If you keep trying to tell legitimate 6-boxers they aren't welcome on a TLP (Aradune excepted), then you're the bad guy here.

Training is against the rules 100% of the time, no exceptions, no conditions, no excuses. You have no say. You also have no idea where the RMT automation is coming from, it could be anywhere in the world. It could be your neighbor's basement. My advice is to stop worrying about it. There is plenty to do in the game without ever having to cross paths with those people. I manage it, you can too.
    Appren, MacDubh and code-zero like this.
  9. Stymie Pendragon

Your post reminded me of that old party game: Never have I ever :)
  10. sadre Augur

Sam lives.
  11. Raltar Augur

It's really only bad until PoP. After that, most of the toxic krono farmers are gone. But, the population starts to seriously fall at that point, too, because people are stuck in the past. They are chasing the dragon that they will never catch.
    MacDubh likes this.
  12. Trevor Elder

of course it can't be that the game gets worse with every expansion after velious
  13. Raltar Augur

Some expansions are worse than others, but I enjoy the majority of Everquest expansions.
    Timmyboi and MacDubh like this.
  14. DeadRagarr Augur

Whoa there Racist Randy
  15. LeetKronolord Journeyman

Since the introduction of /picks, TLP are perfectly fine. People whining on forums are crybabies. Sure you won't get a Frenzy or Efreeti camp and what ? Sure GEBs and Djarn ring are nice but you don't need them (and Djarn ring is miles better than GEB early on, I dont understand the hype on GEB at all, maybe it's the gold thing).

People are crying over a 9 wis/int item ffs. Some are even buying it for 2 kronos early on, well if you have hundreds stashed why not. Crafted jewelry with +hp/mana are far more valuable than any Geb.

FBSS ? Just wait a few weeks and buy it.

You will do much more plat with an enc/healer or a necro farming HG than you will ever do camping Efreeti or Frenzy. Only advantage of Efreeti and Frenzy is you can afk as much as you want and still make plat. Disadvantage is that you will be trained, especially at Efreeti.

We all know why boxers prefer Efreeti, it's far easier to make a /pet attack efreeti_lord_djarn and /pet attack an_imp_protector with an AHK click macro than actually playing the game. But when a "level 1 bard" come with a train, you can't manage to AE mez the whole lot and deal with it because you're bad at the game. You also don't understand that's why you have to pump RM on your enc and need a bard to pump it even higher so you don't mez yourself, but as I said, you're bad at the game.

And for Frenzy, I don't know if people realize that this camp is most of the time solo/duo camped. If you are a full group just go there and take the camp. People don't bother because Frenzy xp is bad and FBSS are cheap enough.

As a caster you only need cloth and crafted jewelry. As a sha/dru you only need leather and crafted jewelry. As a cleric you only need banded and crafted jewelry. As a melee you only need banded / plate, SSoY, FBSS and crafted jewelry. Everything (and I mean everything, yes even that stupid loam) else you should sell and buy krono with. At this point you can raid and farm hate/fear for no drops.

I'm under the assumption that there are three kind of people complaining. Boomers here for their nostalgia kick that will be gone in two months anyways. P99 tourists and boxers outboxed by other boxers or failing the skill check performed by vigilantes.
    PatCleric and Appren like this.
  16. code-zero Augur

I really can't like this but it's not wrong
    Appren likes this.
  17. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I mean back in 2000-2002 you couldn't get any of those camps to save your life either. Get put on a wait list, wait for 3 or 4 hours then go to bed.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

He's probably right.

Far easier to abuse the EC tunnel and /baz now and just earn a few hundred krono per expansion on auto pilot than worry about camps.
  19. Healiez Augur

Generally the only way to see that someone is far taunting, or for sure using third party programs is by.....using some of those programs yourself.

How do you know they are sitting at the zone, and then all of a sudden somewhere else in the zone with far off mobs targeting them unless you yourself are using a program that lets you see things that you shouldnt be able to see.
    Lineater, HekkHekkHekk and Gheed like this.
  20. code-zero Augur

It really is and probably healthier for the players attitude. Back in 2000 camps like Efreeti would commonly be held down by single guild with their members rotating through to get the drops and most people never got near one of those camps in era.