Mark of the Blameless

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SilentEnemy, Jul 4, 2022.

1. SilentEnemy New Member

Cleric Spell: Mark of the Blameless
    Description: Places the mark of the blameless on your target, dealing 45 damage each time the target strikes another creature and healing 25 hit points for your allies each time they strike the target.
    The "45 dmagae each time" i believe is working correct.
    THE ISSUE
    The "25 hit points for your allies each time they strike" is not working.
    My monk is healed for 5 hit points each strike, and it's not every strike as listed.
    Also, my cleric and my bard do not get healed at all when they strike the target.
    Bugg Bugg Bugg
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Don't use white font, we cant read what this says.

I can't find a reference, but I don't believe this is a bug, Usually spell effects like this are scaled to weapon delay or something like that, so it's really up to X hp. And the other part, you have to read it backwards since it's cast on an NPC. Every time the NPC strikes its target, it should send out a heal, not when your group strikes the NPC. If the NPC misses, there won't be any heals, but it also may be under a proc chance and not guaranteed.
  3. SilentEnemy New Member

IDK why it was white to start.... sorry..

Read the text again, every time you strike the target... I should be healed for 25. I am only being healed 5 per hit and its not every hit.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

I get that, when it has mechanics like scaled to weapon delay, the text never indicates that, you have to look at the data and SPA.
  5. SilentEnemy New Member

Sure, however it does not explain why my cleric and bard are not healed for anything when they attack. It's supposed to be for Allies each time they strike. Either way, the spell needs to be fixed as it is bugged out.
    I wonder if it will get addressed at all.
  6. Oberan Elder

the return hitpoints upon hitting an enemy line was intentionally nerfed to scale with weapon delay back in 2000. Basically if I recall some classes like monks were soloing dragons without requiring healing once this mob was "marked"

If anything its a misleading description that needs to be fixed.. But good luck getting them to undo that nerf from 2000 instead.

See patch notes archived at allakhazam https://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2000-2.html
    In the September 28th 2000 patch notes it says the following
    - The spell "Mark of Karn" has been changed. The recast-time has been
    reduced significantly and the Hitpoint-return is now scaled inversely
    based upon the delay of the weapon. In addition, a hitpoint return will
    only take place when the target is hit with a primary melee weapon, or
    the primary hand if you are unarmed.
    Metanis likes this.
  7. SilentEnemy New Member

This helps to clarify atleast some of the issues taking place... There's no explanation as to why ONLY my Monk is receiving the on hit healing effect. Anyone else in group or that attacks the mob with Mark on get no healing whatsoever. Either way, the spell is bugged and needs addressed. I petitioned it and then was told to post here.

Just awaiting a real answer from a GM or higher....
  8. Gialana Augur

Is it just that they're getting no healing messages since they're full health?
  9. SilentEnemy New Member

Nope
  10. Wulfhere Augur

Currently: These spells work but their chat filters have changed in recent years.

The spells cause damage under the chat filter for: Damage Shields - Show. If you have them set to (Mine Only) you will not see the damage caused. The mob has to melee attack to effect any damage.

The spells heal under the chat filter for: Heals (You) and Heals (Other) - Show. If you have them set to (Nonzero Only or Hide) you will not see all the heals. You have to melee attack to get any heal.

I think the filtering for these spells could be more intuitive.