Finding the &%@#* mouse cursor

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Xotor, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Xotor New Member

So, in the heat of battle, using my mapped keys and flinging the mouse all over the screen, I sometimes loose sight of just where the pointer is. I quickly try to move it all the way to the left, and down so I can spot it and then go from there, but I will even have problems with that. Death follows soon after. Yes, my eye/hand coordination is That bad. Is there any way that I can use an in-game command or macro, or even a legal background program that would center the cursor to the middle of the screen when I hit a key?
  2. klanderso Developer

3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I have this problem. I use Windows to make my cursor huge. This helps somewhat.

klanderso's hint is nice.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

1 - I thought it was just me
    2 - Thanks for the tip, @klanserso, I already applied it
    3 - There ought to be a #3, but I forgot it already. Getting old sux! ;)
    klanderso likes this.
  5. Fenl Bard

There used to be a way to make custom mouse cursors but I can't seem to find it anymore, I feel like the in game one doesn't contrast the UI enough.
  6. Senlronia Lorekeeper

Used to be free, but they are now on Steam, search for Yolomouse, has a bunch of different cursor types, colors and other options that can help out. its only a couple of bucks but it was worth it imho
    Pelrond likes this.
  7. Xotor New Member

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I added the Ctrl function, and will check out some different cursors.
  8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Fanra actually posted this before:

And

The custom UI (Krome), I use, also does not use a special cursor and defaults to the windows cursor.

Here's some tutorials for altering/customizing the Windows cursor:

Stymie likes this.
  9. delissa New Member

Omg thanks Klanderso for posting that link now i have a large hot pink cursor that I can find on anything including Eq
    klanderso likes this.
  10. Annastasya Augur

As a general rule, i use the mouse as little as possible while playing EQ. Almost all actions can be tied to the keyboard. But anyhow, i have at least one chat window that i've set not to fade to translucent and as a regular habit i've trained myself to re-park the cursor there whenever i've had to use the mouse for something and that makes it easy to find again.