Suggestions for Possible Future Quest or Mission Rewards

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Arkanny Augur

You can do those raids with 1 group of current leveled players, and i actually like the fact that old content is still relevant regardless of current level cap. It's not convenient, but convenience is the death of character.
    Hobitses likes this.
  2. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I wasn't aware that the Talendor raid can be single grouped. I'll give it a try when I get the tedious VP key completed.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Ozon Augur

Talendor probably more like 3-4 groups still, but the events for BiFold 1 group can absolutely do it.
  4. Celephane Augur

Talendor was single groupable in era by raiders... it won't take 3-4 groups now
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

As a general guideline, no raid items on group content.

Otherwise. Fun thread!
    Skuz, Hobitses, Nennius and 3 others like this.
  6. Paladin Augur

Hammer of the War Machine
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I would love to see an unlimited charge version of Frosty Snow Globe for a 120+ Frostfell mission reward.

This item was created before the Orb of Calm Tides so I suspect there was concerns for abuse.

It may be time to release the unlimited snow with unlimited Snowfolly click.
  8. Tucoh Augur

We all love seeing fun and unique rewards whether they are easy to get, super rare or require a lot of effort. From my perspective as a non-raider the highest importance reward in an expansion is a chase item that provides long-lasting and high value. The recent items with type 18/19 augs fit that perfectly, but it doesn't have to fit that.
    Qwalla and Hobitses like this.
  9. Qwalla Developer

Hope you're ready for a bit of a grind. Or two. Or three. Who knows :p
    Flatchy, Ozon, Hobitses and 3 others like this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

"A bit of a grind"? Like the pally epic back in the day sort of thing?
  11. Tucoh Augur

Bring it. See if you can put out more content than I can grind through in one month of a subscription!

Hobitses and Celephane like this.
  12. Petalonyx Augur

Bring it! (I hope it mostly involves mob kills so I can profitably group up with others again.)
  13. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

HALAS -- An entire expansion based solely around Halas and the Great Barbarians who reside there. With a new lvl 1 to 70 experience. -- You can name it WiC - "Winter is Coming:Saga of Halas" -- make it happen please. ;)
    [IMG]
    Hobitses likes this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Tuco's guide to getting live players to drop $$$ on krono. tldr: copy GW2's legendary system.

1. Create a level 1 required, level 160 recommended heirloom aug that will be as strong to a level 140 as the artisan's prize was to a level 105 when it came out. Make a stat inflation guess and correct it later, idc.
    2. Make this item be the chase item of some expansion that requires not only a long quest line through the entire expansion but also requires a tremendous amount of both commonly farmable tradeskill goods throughout the entire leveling spectrum and vendor-purchased goods. I'm talking 30-60 million plat of cost traded to players and vendors to complete it. Don't make it require defeating difficult content.
    3. Make this item have a special graphic that players can turn on that makes it obvious you have this item. Make it subtle, like the old EQ epics. Don't group it with the noisy particle effects that everyone has turned off.
    4. Keep banning bot groups who will reduce the cost of tradeskill items and increase the amount of platinum in the game.
    5. Create a new one of these every so often and select tradeskill items farmed in areas you want players to go.

Result: Every tryhard in the game will want this semi-permanent improvement and status symbol that can be shared throughout their account. Some players have the wealth on-hand to drop 30-60 million per character and this will just deplete their plat reserves. Other players will farm it instead of leveling up their 5th mage alt or playing a different game (this is me). Other players will buy krono off the wealthy players (this is probably also me when I get tired of selling taskadds and group chests). Either way DPG makes $$$.
    Hobitses and MacDubh like this.
  15. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I agree with everything but point #4. Tradeskill items are expensive enough as is in the current economy, if there wasn't farmers TS items would mostly be non-existent in the Bazaar. You want to have the option to buy the items using plat from Krono in order to make DPG money. Get rid of farmers and you lose the availability of materials to purchase and lose the high Krono to Plat conversion which will ultimately result in less Krono sales.
  16. Tucoh Augur

My argument in #4 is that when you keep your game clean of automated farming bots you increase the platinum value of the goods they would otherwise depress, which makes the farming of those goods by actual people competitive with other activities for generating wealth. This is more true when those goods are readily farmable and liquidable and less true when they are rare drops used for niche purposes. This allows for greater transfer of wealth to player farmers, which has a lot of secondary advantages.

The selection of goods for a very expensive item is an important one. I'd recommend focusing on goods in current content and to add time-gated goods like a reward in a daily / weekly quest, which will retain its value through level increases.
  17. Gnomereaper Augur

New Type 5 +35 AC shield aug upgrade that has heroic stats.
    Flatchy likes this.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This extremely unique item recently popped up in my mind:

Wegar's Lantern of Sidewise Fearing

Item Lore
    It would be cool to see an item with a random proximity proc mechanic such as Translocate, mana recovery, or bard speed.

I think proximity procs haven't really been explored since Wegar's Lantern.
  19. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

There's also a "general guideline" that group equivalent raid items can be found in most expansions, either in era or following era. E.G.: Rubbari's fist vs Carillon Box of Lost Songs and the global random drops starting in CoTF, equivalent of top tier previous xpac raid drops (non-armor).

Not saying that everything mentioned should be added to group content, just that raid items should be included in the list and the development team can make the decision Y/N to do anything with that.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thanks for the unique rewards in Darklight Caverns. Merry Christmas to me (but you all as well). :)