Vaniki 50% increase to rares added PERMA (Confirmed)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vicus, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I agree with you on this point, I am not a fan of the "era-unlocking" which Vaniki will be using.

I would have preferred Vaniki had all expansions available (and therefore every race & class combination) from the beginning with Level-Locking unlocking 5 levels each 5 months after Level 60.

But what is done is done, the current ruleset is okay.
  2. Pikollo Augur

Five every five months means the server would run out of people before you got to them triple digit levels. Only reason Selo got there was fast unlocks. New TLP's always kill old TLP's. Need to start designing TLP's on 1-2 year turn arounds so maybe they'd get to endgame. Not to mention it'd force people to buy expacs that don't play live.
  3. Imdead Augur

I'm not a live player but wouldn't that mean that defiant and other gear would be easily attainable and basically best in slot surpassing anything you could "raid" to get?
  4. Captain Video Augur

All Defiant gear is level-locked regardless. It has very good stats up to level 75, but it is never BiS, and is never a reason to eschew raid gear in any expansion past TSS. Defiant gear is as attractive as it is because it's all global drops, you can get some off any trash mob, without doing either group or raid progression. Once you're past level 75, you need to be targeting better gear.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Things like Defiant Gear could be set to drop upon a certain level lock unlocking instead of an expansion unlocking on a Level-lock TLP, for example instead of dropping once TSS unlocks (or shortly after) defiant could be set to drop once level 75 unlocks instead.
  6. Trevor Elder

I know this is a difficult concept to understand so I'll try to explain it simply: vaniki could pull in more people than it did if it had a better ruleset, and those people wouldn't be limited to just the people playing other TLPs

you made something a binary where it wasn't, and the best example of this is the number of people mischief pulled in