Configs?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by gosudcx, Jul 2, 2022.

1. gosudcx New Member

Hi

Just downloaded the game as I'd read there were 20 years worth of game updates to get through, an insane amount of content to even comprehend I'm sure.

I just logged in though, and the camera and controls feel so bloody horrible that I just hit the x.
    I'm not sure why it's so disgustingly slow to move your camera with your mouse, or why the camera takes such obscure locked angles with F9, but regardless, I'm just wondering if configs are acceptable on this game and whether someone can share me a non-garbage view config?

Cheers
  2. kookoo Augur

for me , i press F9 ,4 times then while keeping right click pressed i move the mouse either up or down or left or right for the view i want to have, it is very fast when used to it.
    Stymie likes this.
  3. Trevor Elder

there are mouse sensitivity settings
    Stymie likes this.
  4. Shillingworth Augur

It really helps if you go into options -> camera and bind the controls to something you like. This let's you set up two user cameras that hold your settings, set a key for each of the other modes, bind raise/lower and other camera motions, and even adjust the clip plane.
  5. LeetKronolord Journeyman

You can adjust mouse sensitivity in the game options. As for camera view usually you just scroll from first to third person view and use the mouse click (left or right doesn't know exactly it's mechanical at this point) to move the camera like any other games.

Also rebind A + D to strafe left/right instead of turn.
  6. Korwiin Journeyman

Also, if you are in Plane of Knowledge near the "Lag Pile", 100s of players clustered in 1 spot to catch free AoE buffs... try somewhere else. I noticed running + steering with mouse is unusable near the lag pile, I must turn with keyboard to navigate.