Best reasonable bow/arrow just for range - tank pulling

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vedarian, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Fluid Augur

Tolan's Bracer is still in the game. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=891 I may be off, I remember it as being usable from inventory so usable by all. Horrible compared to what you want, but even a Forlorn Bow with those arrows give ~170 range and will hit magic.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Another Upside of Staff of Viral Flux is its a no damage option so you don't get summoned....as often.
  3. Vedarian Elder

Thanks!
  4. Apollyon New Member

5. MMOer Augur

Great idea
    Daltara likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Shorter range but long enough, I'm a big fan of "Staff of Viral Flux". Drops a useless debuff on the mob but is still enough to wake them up aggro wise.
    If farming tradeskill items it's great just bind it to the same key as your cycle npc key and run around mashing cycle target.
    (remember to undo this before going to a serious zone)
  7. Wulfhere Augur

Some raid boss spells have 320-340 range that hit the puller with snare, dots, or nukes. Best to have a bow/arrow combo that is 200+ and 150+. Damage doesn't matter so class 2 wood point arrows (1/150 in recipe above) work just fine.
  8. The real Sandaormo Augur

Hot Button: Arrows
    /pause13, /useitem huntsman's ethereal quiver
    /autoinventory

Can add /Bandolier Activate Range and /autofire on to this if you want.

Basically just makes arrows and puts them in your bag so there's no fumbling around with clicking inventory ect.

For Pulling: use Staff of viral flux - Insta pull, gives way more control.
    Arrows can be dreadfully slow. Let an arrow go and another mob comes strolling along while its in flight, now you got 2 or 3 adds.
  9. Shillingworth Augur

For pulling you really dont want the best arrows but most bows will outreach your spells easily. There are Quivers that summon arrows, I believe I got mine in PoP zones, have had it for a long time now. Before then I would just make arrows, really didn't take long using them to get fletching maxxed out. I still do make arrows sometimes as Knight bows are comparable to our 2H weapons in terms of damage potential and not all mobs summon so they are nice to soften a mob up on pull.