Why did Bind Rush wake the sleeper?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Garner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Garner New Member

Now I heard they are leveling a group on Yelinak to wake the sleeper there too.

[IMG]
  2. Tule New Member

Is this a trick question?
    Thewiz likes this.
  3. Nakoda Lorekeeper

hell ya its going to be so much fun to wake his a$$ on both servers this year. we only played on this server to wake him so GG and when velious comes out on yelinak we will wake him with in the first 24 hours can confirm.
  4. Zanarnar Augur

The whole pre-post sleeper thing really needs to go away; merge the loot tables and then the only reason to wake him is RP or for the lulz as it changes nothing.

leave it as it is? jerks like this will do it just because it denies someone else something. Some people are just *holes and like to take every opportunity to remind everyone around them what a huge *hole they are.
    Herf likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Merging the loot tables would be a good solution since they say they have issues with making a pre awakening instance after it is woken.
    Start, Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  6. Nakoda Lorekeeper

lmao lets change something in a 20 year old game ya ok. waking the sleeper keeps you RMT f$%#ers away. And now you can go in and get primal weps much more easy.
  7. Ruhi Augur

people waking the sleeper worked out great on mischief.
  8. StrikeCity New Member

I heard they had a guy quit the guild because he didn’t get a Gnome mask? Can anyone confirm?

Seems weird to whine about Velious loot on a server that’s already in GoD ya know?

What do I know
  9. Garner New Member

Saw in general last night multiple <Bind Rush> selling their gnome masks for 25 KR +. Wonder how much the SoD's are going for.
    Lutey likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Waking the sleeper and changing the entire zone was a mistake from the start. When they added in TLP servers which allowed people on those servers to farm those items for later resale it should have been looked at changing the drops.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  11. Finchy Augur

weren't they successful on mischief with doing it?
  12. Zanarnar Augur

I've never, in 23 years of playing (and some beta before that) participated in any RMT. I have better things to spend my money on (camaro and corvette car payments are a female dog lol).

And yes, they have changed things and should change this. Its pointless drama and could be easily solved if all the same loot dropped regardless of pre/post status. Not even a hard thing to do if I understand their loot tables correctly. (big IF but M/T showed they can link/change them)
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I always enjoy reading the drama around Sleeper's Tomb.........not.

Merging the two loot tables so both drop in version 1 or 2 is actually a very smart suggestion in my opnion.
    The RMT around the pre-awoken ST items only exists because of the rarity & tbh after 23 years I would happily see there be a lot more of those items available everywhere so that it throat-punches that particular RMT market into a long overdue grave.

But all that said, it doesn't matter who wakes the sleeper, it's a really very basic event which has no significant difference to what replaces it except a largely broken/neutered script (The sleeper no longer roams through zones slaughtering players & hasn't done for a very long time) and some completely overrated & quickly superceeded loot.

I've woken the sleeper like 3 times, never won a single thing & I'm totally fine if I never do its a piece of EQ history that's no longer relevant.
  14. Vicious EQ Elder

Just for clarity, since threads like these usually contain a lot of misinformation, hype, and drama.

Vaniki guilds found out ST was 100% open on Monday AM. Member's of all 3 major guilds on the server, Bind Rush, Rusty Willsappers, and Chill Mode all had been seen zoning in during the day on Monday.

In the spirit of fairness Bind Rush did their DZ giving all other guilds an opportunity to do the same on Mon, Tuesday, and Wednesday before we woke it later Wednesday night.

No guild was interested in the zone in the 1.0 form it would appear since no one made any efforts towards doing it despite 100% of their member base being flagged suddenly. We got enough SoD's for each of our warrior's, enough robes for all of our active Monks, 3 Gnome masks that we just handed out by the highest RA (and yes someone quit over the Masks which is perfectly fine with me), and since no other guild made a move on Sleeper's we took a poll in guild and the overwhelming majority wanted to wake it to get access to the other loots in 2.0 which for our current gear level are quit an improvement over 1.0 loot.

If you are mad that we woke the Sleeper, look to your guild leadership who knew it was open yet made absolutely no attempt to capitalize on that over 3 days.
    Start likes this.
  15. Garner New Member

Confirmed. Their name was an alternate spelling of the female reproductive organ.

[IMG]
  16. sadre Augur

The Buddha teaches, attachment is the source and cause of suffering.

Does that answer your question?
  17. ManglerDruid34 New Member

This is how bad it is there. They spent HUNDREDS of hours of playtime keying for VT -- only to walk into it a couple of days ago without even needing the key. They literally sat their a$$es at every single shard camp, at level 40, for hours upon hours. They literally sat their a$$es in Ssra for hours upon hours upon hours to get Comm1 and 2. It was all a complete waste of time. They completely wasted hundreds of hours, yelling at their players to get their a$$ online if they want to be one of the first into VT -- not making them raider status unless they sat their a$$ in shard camps and ssra camps.

It was all a complete waste of all of their time and energy. Every single one of them. They were threatened with no loot since they wouldn't be raider status. So they all sat there. For hundreds of hours. For nothing.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No guild was interested because they didn't raid it as soon as they could and it was woken a couple of days later?
    Lutey likes this.
  19. StrikeCity New Member

Ooooweee. What did y'all do to this guy to be so important @BindRush? Y'all made him have an absolute breakdown on here. I love seeing rants like that. Come over to Yelinak. Family guilds for days over here.
  20. StrikeCity New Member

This happens every server I don't understand the annoyance here. "This is de way"