Test Update 06/07/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No all other classes were specifically changed to not allow the Epic 1.0 to be obtained at all before level 46. All classes now have a turn in, usually the final one, which is coded to fail if you are not level 46 or higher level. Yes, it has been tested. The changes that I am speaking of were done well before they started doing these random specialized TLP servers. They cannot change these issues for the special server without doing so for the other servers as well.

Some of the Berserker 1.0 trigger NPCs cannot be tested on live servers simply because they don't have the special lower level access to certain zones, specifically the Fear raid cannot be tested. However it has been stated in the FAQ, that Old quests, which the Epic 1.0s would fall under, will not be adjusted. But that they would adjust tasks and missions, with missions being pretty much anything that gives an agent of change.

But every Epic 1.0 has had a hard level requirement added to the quest if there already was not one in a previous step. The Berserker Epic 1.0 already was multiquest proof from launch, which on live servers baked in the level 46 requirement. The Beastlord one had a level req built into it from the start. There were only a couple classes that could multiquest their Epic 1.0 to get it extremely early, read as being level 1, but most could easily get it before 46 until they made they added in the hardcoded requirement of level 46 into the final turn in. So they removed that requirement from the Berserker 1.0 quest unless they went and added a turn in requirement at some later point.
  2. theonepercent Augur

They all had level requirements added. They are not now nor have they ever been level 46.

The thing that was changed about Berserker epic is the second part of the quest in FoB which could be easily tested on another server. You don't need access to any special zones.

So they changed their minds just like they're not allowing chanter stuns to work on mobs 10 level higher than they should. So what?

Again what makes you think that?
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If that was the case why is that change noted in the progression server section and not listed for all servers? This change was done just the the level locked servers and they should make other epics work the same on the level locked server.

I am not sure why you think I was saying how it should be applied to other classes when I am just saying that it was changed for the level locked servers only.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

IBTL
    oh wait..
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

So, "Scorched Skies" could be seen as a reference to The Matrix. Looking forward to this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I didn't receive any Scorched quests for Overseer today. This over now?

Didn't really see the point of this, all I got was recruitment quests, I was expecting something a little more unique. :(
  7. Riou EQResource

It is over on Test yes, it has already been up for its 2 weeks
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

They 100% did make the final hand in for most epics level 46. The monk one specific has been personally tested and you cannot get it before 46, period.

No, the quest specifically mentioned both in the update notes and throughout this thread has been the plane of fear portion.
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Because as with all changes to the Progression locked servers those are the only ones which it applies to. Specfically, all other Live servers require level 46 before you can zone into the Plane of Fear, thus those changes allowing people lower than 46 to do the quest cannot be done on any server other than Vaniki, but also on Vaniki only the Berserkers have had their level requirement lowered for epic quests.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you are still missing the point, the change only applies to a level locked server and will not work on any server that is not flagged as a level locked one.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, you are missing the point. The epic quests should not have been changed regardless, unless they changed it for all classes you cannot complete the other classes steps but you can the Berserker's now.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I agree with you that they should have changed all the classes epic quests for level locked servers. I think that making changes like that are good for the level locked challenge servers.
  13. Nniki Augur

Epics for pretty much all the other classes were already able to be completed by 40 on Vaniki. They made changes after launch for Bard, Beastlord, and Berserker now. Magician still has an issue where they need to wait to scribe their spell, but it too was completable by 40.
  14. theonepercent Augur

100% wrong. Monk epic requires 35.