Achievement Clurg's Revenge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Paladin, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Paladin Augur

Anyone been able to do this one?

I have worked my way up to amiable, and he will not take the head.

Is needed faction kindly or higher?
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

You'll have to do another quest to earn his faction until he accepts the item.
    I don't remember the exact value, but I completed this quest with Ogre illusion and amiable (135).
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I almost wanna just go to this clurg and pummel his just because hes a ogre and im a gnome lol! Although killing King Kazon in South Kaladim gives +50 to Clurg!
  4. Paladin Augur

Got to ally with Ogre illusion. Still will not take the head.

So I did his other quest (Exotic Drinks) and had no issues.

He simply will not take the head from me.
  5. Jazrakhan New Member

I completed this with DE illusion (Guise of the Deceiver) - was nowhere near ally
  6. Arkanny Augur

I must assume it's a matter of preference =P
  7. daBlubb Elder

Do you get any message, like you need to do more quests for Clurg? Did the quest with ogre and wood elf in ogre illusion, amiably faction without problems.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

9. Paladin Augur

No.
  10. Paladin Augur

11. Paladin Augur

DE illusion in Ogre town? Odd. However, I used an Ogre Illusion and was ally faction, as noted.
  12. Jazrakhan New Member

Open your faction window and note your current faction, then hit the illusion and you can see how it adjusts. I guess if you are ally, I'm not sure how much will visibly change there for you other than pushing you to max. My current Clurg faction (today) is threatening and with the DE illusion I am amiable. My base faction was likely better at the time but that is like 4 levels change. So yeah, DE illusion was helpful in this case.
  13. Paladin Augur

Perhaps I wasn't clear. Ogre illusion got me from Amiable to Ally.

I followed the NPC spam.

I destroyed the head I had went back and got another one

Nothing it working for me. I think it's petition time for me.

Anyway -- anyone know the best / easiest way -- and / or illusion (DE Illusion did nada for me) to up faction with The Dead?
  14. daBlubb Elder

If you dont care for neriak cleric faction, kill the Spurned, like High Priestess Alexandria in Third Gate.
    Factions Increased:
    The Dead +41
    Factions Decreased:
    The Spurned -275
    If you like to keep The Spurned Faction, perhaps Dragoon Szorn in Lesser Faydark is an option: There is a potion of peace for Indigo Brotherhood, but you loose King Naythox Thex on this one.
    Factions Increased:
    The Dead +75
    Queen Cristanos Thex +100
    King Tearis Thex +100
    Factions Decreased:
    King Naythox Thex -100
    Indigo Brotherhood -75
    Paladin likes this.
  15. Paladin Augur

This looks like the way to go, as I am all ready Scowls with The Spurned! Thanks!
  16. Jazrakhan New Member

You were crystal clear. Simply sharing that the quest was completed and how.
  17. Jazrakhan New Member

I killed Neriak NPCs on The Spurned faction
    Paladin likes this.
  18. GNOME_POWER Augur

x19 Clurg's Revenge complete

Here is the status of my Highelf enchanter before and after illusion.
    I used to use aliance spell series in conjunction with it, but recently I only use Ogre illusion.
    [IMG]
  19. Paladin Augur

As I said, I got to Ally with the illusion, and I am pretty confident that any 'required' faction is much lower than that. He will 100% talk to me with the quest spam.
  20. Paladin Augur

That worked great!

You got one for Ebon Mask or Shadowknights of Night Keep?

:)