Vaniki is fun

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fables07, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Fables07 New Member

Leading up to the new TLPs Vaniki got a lot of crap on here and i was hesitant however this server is a ton of fun....if you actually go through the effort of challenging yourself. Completing epics at 40 with a small group of 6 (except for the sky parts) was insanely fun. I found quests that previously i never knew existed or never bothered doing because the rewards weren't relevant. My leveling group was in Velks at 27 (enchanter abuse) but it was super risky with pet breaks and resists. Last night we had to berserker kite one of the druid epic mobs because shocker we couldn't land most of our spells on a level 55 mob at 40 but that added challenge was great. If you were on the fence like me you should really give it a shot its been a blast so far.
    Rebelicious, Foaming and Skuz like this.
  2. Lumiens Augur

The resist changes literally makes it the easiest server I have ever played on before. Want a real challenge? Try raiding on a Sullon Zek style TLP without any DZs for your raid to hide out in.
  3. Valos New Member

I'm really enjoying Vaniki. It's a different flavor of EQ for sure, but it's been a lot of fun so far. I'm planning to stick with it for a long time.

Some challenges are easier than expected due to the resist changes, for sure. It's interesting to figure out what we can handle and where the limits are.

Not that anyone asked, but the only thing I'd change if we did it again would be to remove the tutorial. The gear from those quests felt too strong to start with. That gear lasts too long and made a bunch of items feel obsolete / greatly impacted the value of items that aren't top tier.

Also, if you're interested in joining and looking for a fun guild that works hard on progression but also takes time for things like a /rps tournament, etc... check out <Rusty Willsapper>.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  4. RABKkehhalla Elder

Remember, it is not and was not marketed as a challenging server. Just a different flavor.
    Foaming likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Easiest to do what? Fight even con mobs or hit level cap? Sure. Clear all the available content and get BiS gear? Good luck.
    Foaming, code-zero and Skuz like this.
  6. Maph Lorekeeper

Just start your own zerg guild, and collect all the lootz, its ez
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That is where I would have to disagree, having the tutorial has moved the start level. Everyone is at that new minimum to start. This has ment you don't have to worry quite so much with the AEs from raid mobs. Yeah you stil have to back off when you get to half life but just imagine if you didn't have that base gear.

GoD has opened up a lot more now, how much longer has a TLP server had to gear up when they reach GoD? 6 months? 9 months? year?

Basically after the tutorial you only have to worry about non invis stuff and weapons, there are side grades with clickies which are an improvement.

Making early expansion stuff undesireable will hopefully mean the kronolords skip servers like Vaniki and stick the those like Yelniak.

I've found Vaniki very relaxing, not fighting over camps as there are so many good ones open, the player base has spread out nicely. :)
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is as hard or as easy as you want to make it. Play in the early zones designed for level 40/50 and it will be easier play than normal TLPS, play in GOD zones at level 40 and you may run into a few challenges.

Naggy, Vox and even Cazic were easy but try some of the later raids and they can be a bit rough. I don't think any of the guilds have been successful with anything after Luclin.

Level 50 went live yesterday, so it will be interesting to see how many PoP, LDON and GoD raids can be done now we have an extra 10 levels.
    Skuz, Foaming and code-zero like this.
  9. Hibiki Journeyman

I mean...you can own all content 100% with a chanter/cleric combo on Vaniki. Everyone is going to want to 'join' (better known as leech) your group.

Overall the server is fun now...but it will slowly die out because this server is going to live eventually so....it's going to die. Enjoy it while it lasts.
  10. Trevor Elder

nothing on this game is fun, that's how I know you're lying
    Lineater likes this.
  11. jeskola pheerie

Wow, Debbie.Downer. I mean you could say the same about EverQuest in general, or even life in general.
    Stymie and Bailen like this.
  12. Panikker Elder

Yes the server sounds fun unfortunately I joined Yelinak ...lol ...ohh well I'm hoping in the future they do another server like this again with longer periods and maybe starting the fist cap again at 40 ..good luck !
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This sounds like a strange thing to say when the only Ragefire+ TLP server that is not going to live is Agnarr so far.

/shrug
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Especially since his quote says its going to die because its going to Live. Agnarr is not exactly hopping either lol
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Triconix Augur

Yeah, but he probably rerolls every year so it won't matter if it dies or not.
    Skuz likes this.