Random encounters for players sitting or doing nothing.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Burdi, Jun 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laronk Augur

Yeah the video is weird because there are cops there, I just didn't want to assume what's actually against the law there in the UK. I think it's nuts that the cops didn't do anything about the inker right away. I know that protestors blocking roads is a tricky situation for police officers in western countries but they should of dealt with the jerk there.

I MEAN I AM OFFENDED!!!!!

=)
    Nennius likes this.
  2. Laronk Augur

I'm sure someone out there wants a game where you slay dragons but you also have to use the bathroom :eek:
    Nennius likes this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Oooo Terrible thought. What if a dragon had to go and...
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Skyrim has many such instances of both. There are "strategically placed" buckets and such in nooks and cells all over the place.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Sounds like a responsibility for a Daybreak intern. Walk slow, don't spill.
    Stymie likes this.
  6. Burdi Augur

Haha, come on..
    I just wanted to alert over excessive inactivity in the game.

There are already a lot of reward inciting people to be active in the game.
    Why not considering a selective and fair enforcement on a minimal level of activity?

It is just ideas, good or bad, anyone can freely agree or disagree, laugh, get offended … that is fine.

I don’t stick in the game, if i don’t have a reason.
    Possibly many players have a more laidback play style and would feel offended if they got slapped repeatedly
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

because it is a bad idea. it is not a good idea. the idea is the opposite of good, it is bad
    Sancus, Shanarias, Skuz and 3 others like this.
  8. Burdi Augur

I see, it is surprising to see how much attention this got.
    Skrab likes this.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

All it takes is hooking in a certain poster.
    Iven and Burdi like this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Who cares how much someone does in game? As long as they are not preventing someone else from playing while they sit around doing nothing it isn't a problem.
  11. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

The OP is a great idea. It’s not punishing players, but rewarding them with dynamic gameplay. You’re wrong once again.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The op is just upset that they can't get a group from players that don't want to group with and thus doesn't want them to be able to afk as they desire,
  13. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You sure you’re not the one upset?
  14. Spacemonkey555 Augur

None of us are upset at OP's idea, more amused at the foolishness of those who think DPG is gonna kick/kill everyone playing exactly as they want us to. They could have buff timers running in pok/lobby/ghall tomorrow if they wanted, but they obviously don't. Probably wouldn't take 5 minutes for a single dev to flip that switch, yet it hasn't happened.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Confession, I am.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Do you really believe that?

Because it is a terrible idea.

It literally is, and that was literally what the OP wanted.

Penalize: subject to a penalty or punishment.

Dynamic gameplay is gameplay you have actively engaged with, not stuff that is sprung upon you while you are inactive in a place considered & expected to be "safe" to do so.
    Nennius and Khat_Nip like this.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

As an Elden Lord, I’m very serious. Those that stand around AFK are maidenless.
  18. Dre. Altoholic

/who (level/class/etc) all -notinzone(bazaar, poknowledge, guildlobby)
  19. Iven the Lunatic

PoK is currently the zone with the best XP bonus / rewards. No need to visit other zones, killing mobs and farming loot and buying anything from the marketplace. I know that Overseer can be run from other zones too but about nobody does so because it is just not needed to visit other zones when you can play Overseer.

My stinky zone has a big silent library,
    but she loves a boring overseer.
    Elite or rare are her great agents.
    No matter how many vows
    I win or loss, my ongoing quest
    reminds me of my lovely Banker Rylisan.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Overseer was added to the game with the intention of being able to earn xp from it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.