Not A Bug Rare Spawns on Vaniki

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Vicious EQ, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Vicious EQ Elder

0 Comms in 8 hours
    Bloodnyte likes this.
  2. Bloodnyte Assassin

1 Comm in 9 Hours, with every PH down on spawn
    0 Comm in 5:30 Hours
    1 Comm in 8 hours, every PH down on spawn.

The math you're demonstrating doesn't even align with the math that was provided earlier in this thread. I'm confused why you even responded with that irrelevance. If "the math" were to be the way you demonstrated, your math for rings/idols per 24 hours is wrong for Vaniki. Again, irrelevance.
  3. Knifen Augur

I think I would have to giggle a little if all the named were on the old school
    Vaniki Npc timer. Something like 122 hours +_ for a chance to show up. Would be fitting for the server name.
    code-zero, Skuz and Duder like this.
  4. Jedis Arch Mage

This. All rare spawns are using the Vaniki spawn logic.
  5. Duder Augur

As another poster mentioned, that is not normal, on any server, TLP or live. Your methods are flawed.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

They said they had 3 in 11 hours in one pick. That math is on par with what I am indicating. Bad RNG 1 less in 3 hours is just unfortunate. A second pick probably has gotten a couple extra to make up for the Bad RNG. As a TLP all star and legend I can assure you - if you were doing it right your guild would be keyed and have bane weapons.
  7. shidisu12 New Member

You mean my method of using anecdotal evidence vs your method of using anecdotal evidence? I haven't seen much scientific evidence here, so my method is as valid as yours.
  8. Duder Augur

Yes, I mean my years of experience and years of reviewing of logs. Your anecdotal evidence has triggered similar responses from numerous posters in the thread. Is it too hard to believe that your performance could be flawed and sub-par and that you might be too proud to admit that you have something to learn about those mobs, zones, or the game?

Is what you have seen possible? Yes, if you camped 1 single place holder and killed none others for that entire 8+ hour period. But, that would indicate a flaw in your methods. As well as indicate that you were single camping the wrong camp as they have higher spawn rates in specific locations (Commander 2 atleast, no data that I have seen or experienced regarding comm1). But please, continue on with your EverQuest bro-science.

Now stop being contentious, this thread, nor my post were created to offend anyone. I don't play on Vaniki, (I play on Aradune, Yelinak, and BB), I posted and liked the thread to support players who had good information indicating a bug that was affecting their game experience. But how dare I offer constructive criticism to a less knowledgeable player though, eh? Some one with reason might take the initiative to send a PM and ask questions. Not reply passive aggressively to protect their false pride. No one knows everything there is to know about EverQuest, as soon as folks drop that pride and learn to work together is when they truly begin to grow and develop any skill in the game and learn what verifiable data is, how it is collected, where one can find it, and more about how it works. Until your ready to make that move, enjoy your coat tail ride.
  9. Stymie Pendragon

Is it wrong to giggle at this statement? :)
  10. Nakoda Lorekeeper

so happy the devs responded to this you all are doing such an amazing job,...… oh wait not a word from a dev crazy
  11. Ratalthor Developer

Thank you for the reports, but this is not a bug. The rare spawn data is identical to Live servers. However, we are considering increasing the server spawn rate.
    Barton and Hibiki like this.