New overseer agents and quests

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mewkus, Jun 15, 2022.

1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I think encouraging people to log in regularly is the real point of it. I mean, they gave up on monetizing it because people complained about pay to win. They probably have data that indicates if people log in more often they are more likely to sub or buy marketplace items versus if they go longer stretches without logging in.
  2. Riou EQResource

It's been on test for like 8 days now, test is different from live for overseer, it is server based, the Data being asked has been mostly out there for like 2 weeks now too
    CrazyLarth, Nennius and Hobitses like this.
  3. Iven the Lunatic

That may be true but it is also an indicator that the game does have serious problems and to me it looks like a further act of desperation. In the past people did not had to be lured into the game with baits that do grant big and free experience boosts. The game itself was the bait and not a silly minigame and other marketing crap that only technocrats who never seriously had played EQ can construct. I am pretty sure that the Overseer concept, like many other stuff, got copied from WoW or another junk game and that it is currently just a fashion trend in the MMO industry. The people behind EQ should instead focus on its strenghts which would require a deeper analysis. Just to ride the nostalgia horse is not the key, as there were reasons why people loved EQ so much during the first few expansions. EQ had its very own charm which got lost when way to many total different worlds got created and labeled as EQ expansions. I definetly don't want to play a WoW clone.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Do we know if we are getting more missions to select from or are these new ones removing the chance of getting some of the original missions?
  5. Riou EQResource

Haven't counted live vs test quest # per rotation, but you only get 1 new one per rotation and it shows up at the top
  6. Thunderkiks Augur

So far on test I've only gotten the same quest every rotation rewarding the same 4 agents. Also even though my recruit is level 3 on test the new one only shows level 1.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

False. Its the exact same thing as Lesson of the Devoted. Its the exact same thing as the exp acceleration in games (doesn't wow do that?) where after being offline for X hours your get accelerated exp for 30 minutes or an hour or whatever. That's called customer management and using human nature to your advantage.

If people don't log in for a week they are FAR more likely to not resub or just not log back in ever again than if they are logging in daily, even if its for 10 minutes, due to chatting with people and working on things.
    code-zero and Elyssanda like this.
  8. Iven the Lunatic

LotD, daily missions and all the other xp boosts (pots, events, hotzones) are also arcade mechanisms that should be removed. All this stuff is distracting players from immersion and enjoying the game and its great lore. EQ has become something like Pinball Dreams where only experience does matter and the players have mutated into experience addicted drug junkies.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Do you know if they ever plan to come out with agents higher than elite?
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

Got a rare recruit today on test so they do offer different recruitment tasks for the new agents.
    Hobitses likes this.
  11. Riou EQResource

Probably not since Elites are also not too many of them, short of making cards as the actual Gods and not their Avatars there is not too much that can be above elite and they seem to (rightfully) not want the Gods themselves to be that like farmed out and "common" that these overseer agents basically are

There should be 3 sets that cover all 12 new agents (unless some like the Elite are going to be Marketplace only)
    Hobitses, Andarriel and Thunderkiks like this.
  12. cadres Augur

I have a recruitment quest am pretty sure have never seen before - "season of Flame"
    Is this part of the new stuff?
  13. Szilent Augur

14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yeah, it seems July has started early. :rolleyes:

If someone in the guild hadn't mentioned it I would have missed the first few days of it.
  15. Moege Augur

Doesn't seem as if converting common agents get any of the new ones (converted over 90 so far, 30 chances of getting one of the new ones)
  16. Riou EQResource

The new ones are flagged as no convert, also no retire, but they can be converted themselves
    Moege and CrazyLarth like this.
  17. cadres Augur

?
    Where does that come from?
    I have one lot of new ones (from recruit task), common and uncommon - they can be converted in the usual way
  18. cadres Augur

Looks that way.I've also had no success in conversions
    Which sucks if it stays correct - ie doesn't change before goes live
    Perhaps they just want our coins....
  19. Riou EQResource

The data itself specifies it, you have to do the 3 specific recruit quests to get the 12 new agents OR buy the 1350 dbc pack to get all 12

No convert = can't be converted to, you can use dupes of them to convert to other stuff though (other stuff that isn't flagged no convert)
    Likely flagged no retire because you can buy them (and seemingly set up to only get 1 of each even though you can get unlimited in a specific way while the event is active)
    Moege likes this.
  20. Riou EQResource

Mostly worried that the quest chain will break like it did on Test while the event was Active

On Test you got broken on the 24 hour Research quest it just reverted back to Groundwater -> Deepwater -> repeat and never continued over 3-4 days straight of rotations

Will take a few days on Live to see if it is also broken there since you have to complete then wait on next rotation to move on the quest order

Since the event is only active for 2 weeks it may not be possible in its potentially broken set up to get the Elite Recruit Quest to appear, potentially forcing you to buy the 1350 dbc pack if you want all agents