Praise for GM Staff

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zleski, Jun 21, 2022.

1. zleski Augur

In the past two days I've /petitioned four separate botters and in less than an hour of the initial /petition, all of them were removed from the zone/area/game. Sometimes the response time was less than a half hour.

For as much as we complain about the bots and Daybreak for not enforcing the rules, they certainly have shown me that they do care and enforce the rules.

I don't want to name names in case this Cazic-Thule GM is shy, but thank you to this GM in particular and the GM staff in general.
    Prepared, Biltene, Shanarias and 23 others like this.
  2. Derd Augur

Awesome!
    Angeliana likes this.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

I have not had this problem really but that is encouraging! Good Jobs GMs!
    Prepared and Angeliana like this.
  4. Cadira Augur

Only issue now is they won't get rid of the cancerous PL'ers on multiple servers.
    Fenthen, Proximoe and Windance like this.
  5. code-zero Augur

This has been my experience as well. The GM's can positively identify cheats and deal with them.
    zleski and Angeliana like this.
  6. Shredd Augur

Thankyou!
    Angeliana likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

My experience with reporting botters/hackers has been similar to yours for at least the last decade.

Nice work, GMs! And nice work zleski for petitioning against botters. :)
    zleski and Angeliana like this.
  8. The real Sandaormo Augur

TBH I never see botters lol 99% of my time is spent in instanced zones ( raids / HA's / Luck Aug runs )
    Everything seems fine !
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I reported a suspected botter on Vaniki Server and an actual GM popped into the zone within 5 minutes of my petition. No joke. (Though, the 5 minute response time may not be the norm but praiseworthy nonetheless).
    zleski, Nennius and code-zero like this.
  10. Arkanny Augur

Just waiting for the inevitable posts of the apologists saying the game is going to die withouth their botting sub money.
  11. Notanewperson New Member

Thats nice. Now if the GM's would just do something about cheaters who aren't so visible.
    I've been reporting a cheater on emarr that is constantly spamming WTB krono for way over asking price and harassing me in tells bragging about transferring 500m platinum on two occasions now.
    My detailed petitions with screen shots have gone unanswered. Its obvious this person is cheating and selling the krono on naughty websites. The GM's said I have to prove they're cheating. I would suggest that it is the GM's who need to use their power and take 5 minutes to investigate. If they had a past ban on people who purchased krono from unapproved websites they can just as easily track this person and remove a toxic player ruining economies on two servers. Krono's have a blockchain-like tracking mechanism, do they not? Benito, where is your copy and paste of the EULA talking about cheating encompassing gaining an unfair advantage over other players etc etc?
    Stymie likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'm not sure if a back-and-forth on cheating is allowed going forward because we have a new moderator. My name was mentioned so I will respond.

If you believe a person to be cheating (such as the automated farming of platinum), contact a GM with character names, zone, time, and server to catch them in the act. You can also supply screenshots or videos to support your claim.

If the issue is unresolved, it may be best to contact the community managers (Angeliana or Accendo) directly.
    code-zero likes this.
  13. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Why not just put him on /ignore? Not sure that they would look at it as harassment since you have the ability to /ignore him.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Cadira Augur

Gms and management team will do nothing about the high end cheaters that drive krono sales. They've made it clear by deleting posts that point it out (like this one, won't last long).
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The posts are likely deleted because of the back-and-forth in support of cheating. Some people (not you) point to this unverified claim (of corruption and immunity) to justify their own cheating behavior.

People have two choices if they truly believe that: (1) keep reporting cheaters to the best of their ability (push the system) or (2) simply don't support/play the game (due to corruption).

To be clear, claims of corrupt GMs or staff exist in all games. (It is possible but not common). I would contact the Community Manager or studio head if there is evidence of unethical behavior. If the response is not appropriate, I would simply walk away from those game(s).
  16. Cadira Augur

I've done that, and reported the dude about 100 times (not an exaggeration).

Community manager has ignored my message on the subject.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Are you catching him in the act (automation for loot, platinum, accounts, or PL)?

Have you provided videos to the staff?
  18. Windance Augur

Yes to both.

Made a joke about it last week and the post was removed as I expect this one to be.
    Fenthen and Cadira like this.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If one truly believes this game is corrupt, I would not support it (whether that means stopping financial support or walking away).

There are crazy people on each server. Just because someone is bragging about his/her purported wealth and means of obtaining that wealth, does not mean he/she is an actual cheater. Some people love any attention (trolling).

There are times where I thought a player who consistently played for 12+ hours a day must be a cheater in some way. How are they not tired? I have been proven wrong. Let the investigative process play out.

If you are catching full blown automation and you are not seeing even suspensions (though some have said those individuals in question have disappeared for weeks), I would question my continued participation in this game.

Should they consider banning cheaters more frequently (even for the optics)? Absolutely.
  20. Slasher Augur

did you actually send the groups in question a tell to see if they were in fact afk botting ? I would send each toon a tell asking to join the group they likely wont respond but it just gives more evidence they're afk botting.