Increase lobby entrance hall height, please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by teelybit, Jun 20, 2022.

1. teelybit New Member

The most pressing issue Everquest players face!
    When entering the lobby from PoK the entrance hallway height from the door is too low to accommodate non-small races on mounts; meaning you have to either dismount, move forward, & remount or shrink to move to the main area. It's super annoying so can someone either raise the height of the hallway or maybe make the zone in some other part of the zone?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Could always just make it a mount free zone as it is small enough that you don't need mounts in the zone and that change would be a lot less work then having art redo the zone.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It always seemed weird to me, that in PoK you had this huge gate, and it zones into such a tiny hallway...
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't need mounts???? Heh, every time I am rezzed in there I pop my mount so I recover much faster than just sitting there. Not a good idea to make it a mount free zone.

But I do agree with making the entry way taller. Its seems to funnel down and players stop there mistakenly thinking they got close enough to zone but they didn't. It can be a cluster muck just like by the magus.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Maybe I am missing something but how do you recover faster on a mount then sitting and medding?
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

The mount sort of, um...urges you along.
    Lawyer likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Guild Lobby needs a rework anyway with an entrance to Bazaar. The throne must be BIGGER!
    Coagagin, Wdor and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

YES PLEASE The trolls and ogres thank you in advance.
    Coagagin and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  9. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

People buff, while on a mount which makes it faster to recover.
  10. Zanarnar Augur

Well between re-doing the entrance to the zone, and changing a 1 to a 0 for mountAllowed.. one of those is WAY easier then the other. Careful what you wish for...
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How does it make it faster to recover? Or are you just counting the time spent standing up and casting and sitting back down in the recovery time? From everything I understand there is no difference in recovery speed while sitting or mounted and the time to recover from buffs is trivial.
  12. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Standing interrupts out of combat regen. Staying mounted, while you buff maintains out of combat regen and shortens recovery time. It’s why people mount after rezzing.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that doesn't add much time at all on to the recovery time. Yes it does shorten it but it doesn't add that much time onto the process. When you consider the amount of work that it would take to redo the graphics in the zone I don't think that it is worth it for the minimal time savings that people would gain from a mount.
  14. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Currently mounts are allowed.
    Others mentioned banning mounts in lobby. This takes no work to redo graphics.

They want to make the entrance larger.
    If they make the entrance larger then yes, that would take a lot of work to redo graphics and has no effect on banning mounts.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This thread was started with the idea of making the entrance larger which is what I was responding to.
  16. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Are you not capable of following your own line of replies? I’ve never suggested banning mounts or adjusting the entrance, I elaborated on your reply to Catpaws.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And I never said that you suggested banning mounts, I am saying that the minimal amount of time savings that you get from a mount is not going to be worth the larger amount of time that would be needed to redo the zone graphics.

If you reread the section you quoted I never mentioned the word ban.
  18. Loup Garou De loop de loop

What zone graphics are you redoing that has anything to do with mounts?

The only redoing is for the entrance. Not mount related
  19. zleski Augur

Have you thought about race changing to a Gnome to avoid this problem? It seems like not picking the best race in all of EQ was an oversight - but correctable one.
    Loup Garou likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that is what I am talking about, in order to redo part of the zone it will require modifying the zone as a whole which is not a simple task. It would be a lot of work for a minor gain.