truebox is already beggining to turn mischief into a boxer only server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by floostingandboosting, Jun 17, 2022.

1. floostingandboosting New Member

The irony of truebox is that come OoW it runs everyone off the server *except* the hardcore boxers who are willing and able to either (a) play EQ at a desk with 6 computers on it; (b) cheat to box.

Mischief is already like this. There is nothing to do here unless you are running a crew, even if you happen to be a member of the largest and most active guild on the server.

If the server had even a relaxed truebox where you could run say three toons on a computer, then there would be a lot **more grouping going on because right now the only action outside of maybe single box clerics belongs to those who basically run three or six box crews to support (1) their chart-topping monk (2) one of their guilds primary raid tanks.
  2. Gheed Is not reading your response

Weird... the free-trade loot pinata server is filled with boxers who don't invite you to their groups?

So weird...
    Koshk and Kattria Minx like this.
  3. Fromp99 New Member

If you’re in a guild and not getting groups it’s either because you’re awful or you’re unlikable. Probably both.
    Lineater likes this.
  4. Muramx Augur

The problem is not the fact the server is a truebox. I do just fine grouping with friends, guildies and pug groups. I am not even playing on of those "sought after classes."

Let's get to the real heart of this. I couldn't care less if someone has no boxes or if they have a raid force of boxes, that's their choice to play like that. I have talked to some of the groups that farm to sell loot/kr to people and I have talked with some of the people that run power leveling, I have never used them but I have had many interactions. Outside of a few scummy people that try to do power levels, they are mainly very lowkey and don't cause problems because that's bad for business. I have on the rare occasion had them let me loot no drop stuff (the rare as that is) because I was there and it was going to rot anyways.

The ones that cause these types of posts are the ones that in the early days of EQ either Varant or SoE would have banned. The ones they didn't, would've seen server justice and got wrekt by everyone all the time. With DBG no longer caring about a pnp, if you try to smash them, you're the one that gets in trouble. They are fully enabling this type of game play. It's pretty clear some of these box groups are using programs to help them, they are also just running around (sometimes even porting) picking off named people have been camping. And of those that do this, even if only is one of them in the group with a guild tag, almost always it's one of three guilds on the server. DBG needs to start enforcing the "disrupting other players" that is still in policy.
  5. Magician9001 Augur

Are you saying 99% of the people that don't box an single toon are "awful or unlikable"
    Cause that would have to be true for the current state of things on TLPs.
    The reality is more of you got a bunch of people that are active and loot that don't wanna share. Because of this anything but primetime hours it's pretty hopeless to get a group.
  6. Lineater Augur

So Mischief, a TLP server with an unprecedented population in the OOW era and 20+ active raid guilds, has been abandoned by everyone but the hardcore boxers. And half of them are cheaters of course.

Sure thing, disgruntled Faceless member.
    Lanffear and Muramx like this.
  7. gnomeboss Augur

=(

unrelated, but truebox is a joke. i'm on vaniki. my first tlp. i knew there would be some boxers. i assumed there would be some mage armies. i was kinda looking forward to seeing what all the fuss was about. but making the server truebox is just a waste of time. at least 50 percent of the server boxes. maybe 2 toons. maybe 3. maybe some mage armies i have yet to encounter. but it's everywhere in grouping and raids. i don't have a problem with it because i don't care how someone else plays, but enforcing truebox just requires people to circumvent it with whatever software, or go full nerd lord with gaming pads and trash laptops. what's the point?
  8. Trevalon Augur

Not seeing this on Mischief. My zerker today LFG'd twice at different times and was able to have group invites in less than 20 mins. This has been my case since I made this character and I have pugd this guy as much as any other character I have played.

Secondly, Truebox works. Sorry boxers, but If you didn't play during the days of Combine/Sleeper or Vulak/Fippy and especially Ragefire/Lockjaw (Where it got out of control) then you TRULY don't understand why we have Truebox. Those servers were dominated by 20-40 boxers. Not just the 2 or 3 we have on a server now, but were talking 30 or 40 of them. Everywhere you turned there was a 30 boxer taking raid mobs, monopolizing 10 picks of a zone, and straight up ruining the game. On top of that not only did you have a ton of mass 20+ boxers but then almost EVERYONE else was forced into 4-6 boxing.

Truebox servers have their problems with boxing for sure, but it is DRASTICALLY less than the non truebox servers ...no, give me Truebox (at least till OOW, I would be ok with light box (3) after OOW and then full box after a later expac) anyday over the absolute mayham that was Lockjaw/Ragefire. It was literally an abomination. So while Truebox doesn't fix the problem...it makes it significantly better.
  9. Arclyte Augur

That's because the problem isn't fixable. EQ has the scars of a 23 year old game and I don't think there's anything anyone can do about it.

The cure (boxing) turned out to be just as bad as the disease (lack of population in a group-based game).

We're all riding this thing out until some developer decides to release the next D&D inspired MMO instead of WoW clone garbage.
    Koshk likes this.
  10. floostingandboosting New Member

What I'm asking for is relaxed truebox (3 toons) after OoW drops.
  11. Mrjon3s Augur

This is usually when everyone starts adding boxes. I did it on phinny and probably would have did it on coirnav had I stuck around. The 70 stretch has a lot of content you can low man with a couple people now throw in almost all loot being tradeable and its gonna happen. Really by this far along in a server you should have had a set of people you did stuff with on the regular. Unless you are a late joiner which means try to socialize .
  12. Trevalon Augur

Sure, and I agree with you, I think OOW is a good spot to make 3 box available.

I was more talking about why Truebox is important in the first place verse not having it at all.
  13. Fromp99 New Member

No that's not what I am saying at all. What I am saying is tons of solo players group with other solo players or even other boxers every single day. If he is being excluded, in his own guild it's because people have learned not to invite him because he doesn't pull his weight or he is annoying to be around.
  14. Protocol Dragon Defender

There are 34 guilds raiding Omens on Mischief. Tons of players filling every zone daily. If you are having a hard time getting groups it isn’t because of people boxing.

That said, they should relax truebox.
    Lanffear, yepmetoo and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Let's be real, relaxing truebox just makes boxing less annoying for people that prefer to box on one PC. You can put down $200 on a cheap laptop to play eq. That is the sum total difference between the cost to true box vs multi pc box. You still have to pay for the accounts, and level the characters.

So how many people, exactly, do you think will suddenly box that didn't before on these servers? 20? 50? Not enough to matter, let's be honest.

Relaxing true box later in the life cycle is about quality of life changes, it doesn't make the server more lively.
    Stymie likes this.
  16. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Its never "true box". "Box" just means these people are going to log in with 6-## of characters and you won't be able to tell if there is a person controlling each individual one because you are beneath them in some strange way. They have a lot of money to be made and your concerns are filed in the waste bins basically.
  17. Magician9001 Augur

Weekends would be included in primetime hours

Mischief and TB have this really strange dichotomy in populations. During non-peak hours the server is filled with Box crews. During peak hours it's got probably the best PUG scene any server has ever seen at level 70.

I know what you're saying, it's just wrong. I see people LFG all the time during the week and be unable to find groups because the population online during nonpeak hours is a bunch of 6 boxers farming loot. These same exact players have zero problems finding groups during peak hours. What you're saying is simply just wrong. It's 100% boxing that causes this problem, the players are being left out to dry because their boxer guildies would rather RMT or farm for their boxes. NOT because they're bad or disliked.
  18. Fromp99 New Member

Why don't the many LFG people just...form a group?
    Lanffear, Triconix and Oakenblade like this.
  19. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Perish the thought!
  20. Magician9001 Augur

What happens is someone logs on LFGs for 30 mins can't find a group. Then logs off, then another and it's a revolving door of people logging in 30 mins being unable to find a group then logging off.

It changes during peak hours because of enough people actually long on to form groups and do stuff.