Best patch in the history of EQ.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Branntick, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Agree 100%. Disarm has no real affect. They should at least give Disarm a minus damage modifier on the mob so that it's worth using.
    Joules_Bianchi, Wulfhere and Skuz like this.
  2. Brazy Augur

Agreed! Thanks so much for auto skill at level 1 devs!
  3. Wulfhere Augur

Disarm adds a small amount of hate that is most useful in classic still. It's best used within a taunt macro so making it autoskill is kinda of beside that point.

Originally, an NPC's melee damage, delay, and dual wield was modified by their weapon and disarm was worthwhile to reduce damage, so I like your idea.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You can but the summoning spell forces it to attack anything that attacks its summoner. Honestly outside of raids I can't think a lot of places where pet hold is required.
  5. Gheed Is not reading your response

Autoskill is sick
  6. Zinkeh Augur

Not so useful for rogues. Stupid skill just fires off wherever you are at the moment. All they gotta do is put in a positional check before allowing it to fire off like WoW has had forever but haven't. "You must be behind your target" until you're behind the target would work wonders for rogue dps. Same thing applies to when the target shifts just enough that "you cannot see your target" yet uses the backstab cool down.

Fine once chaotic stab comes into play but until then kinda useless for rogues.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Maph Lorekeeper

autoskill bash on my cleric is the best use of this i think
    Skuz and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  8. Zinkeh Augur

100% absolutely. There is no reason a pet class should not be able to control their pet without madly spamming /pet back for 2 hours. I don't like constantly having to compare eq to Wow as WoW came out quite a bit later than eq but even in WoW you've got complete control over what your pet does.

Pet hold Gpet hold should be standard especially with the weird agro mechanics where all of the pets agro and rush towards a boss that hasn't even entered the room yet. ToV / Ntov was horrible for this.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  9. Branntick Augur

Disarm should definitely be added to autoskill. Chaotic Stab should be an innate ability for Rogues (they need as much help as they can get on TLP). Pet hold should be a fundamental game mechanic.

All very valid points I would love to see some day.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  10. Maph Lorekeeper

Dont forget, sneak, hide, mend, and FD autoskill also, or autoskill forage either!
  11. Raltar Augur

As a SK that pulls, pet hold is 100% required.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

None of these are "combat abilties", which is what Autoskill is for.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'd disagree there is no reason.

The reason is that at the point of classic ending development that the devs had not yet created pet hold.

However Autoskill was tied only to level, but once you also have a connection to AA it's a tougher ask.

It could be argued that prior to SoL & AA players do not have enough experience of their class or enough mastery of their abilities to control their pet that well, after all you are not a proficient Mage at lower levels you are an acolyte, a student of your arts, you have not yet attained the mastery of the magic used for summoned beings required for full command of them.

But it is 23 years later and a lot of that MUD/RPG thinking has been abandoned for modern CRPGs & people have largely forgotten what it took to get here by now.

"Pet mastery" which /Pet Hold is connected to being granted prior to the current Level & AA requirement is going to be a tricky argument though, other classes could make similar arguments for their "base functionality" also currently tied to Level & AA.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It can be done without that even if it is harder, not to mention an sk is viable without a pet
  15. Thalliius Augur

I always just bound my forage key to my W key, so I was always using it while I moved around
    Skuz likes this.