Gamers spend WHAT?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leerah, Jun 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stymie Pendragon

I've been doing the driving chore for over 35 years now. I've driven numerous vehicles during that time, and I can confidently say that there is no fun vehicle to drive.

I bought my house 1.5 miles from my job in 2003 for a reason. 8 years ago I bought a 2010 F150 Platinum that gets 5 miles per gallon. Once a month, when I fill it up, I remember my poor decision. :)
    Leerah likes this.
  2. Zanarnar Augur

(your cars)
    [IMG]
    Nennius and Stymie like this.
  3. DeadRagarr Augur

**I did not read the article**

If they count actual "Average" gamer it would count tons of mobile game users. That would include whales that spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in a single game.

Yeah I can see it. EQ and PC MMO's I would highly doubt are in the equation. Those are boomer games and not even worth for news to delve into.

If anything its probably extremely low on that estimate.

Take a look at all the Diablo Immortal news. I think they listed 100K or something to gamble a max character?
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Don't any of you own phones?!
  5. Laronk Augur

Over a lifetime I don’t think 58k sounds like a lot if you play games other than EverQuest. I usually do a 5 year cycle for my computers and aim for an nvidia xx70 plus my computer from march last year was about 1500 cad$ and that’s my price range so 10 cycles of that is going to be 15k I’ll do a console as well those get refreshed in 5 year cycles at 500 or so Canadian dollars. Add in a fancy mouse every once in a while and a fancy keyboard, controllers, I also have gotten a fancy monitor I didn’t need. I buy games.

Actually I’m still going to come in under 58k usd including games and subscriptions depending on where inflation goes
  6. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

How cute. You actually think you get accurate news elsewhere. Let me guess- you think "insurrectionists" (protesters) tried to overthrow Biden while Trump was still in office, but have zero problem with 2 summers worth of riots over a dead drug addict/career criminal.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

8. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.