suspended while actively playing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by withStupid, Jun 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Reviewing=Investigation

You certainly can choose to disagree with the investigation, but saying there was no investigation simply isn't true. In any case, take the 7 days off. Or quit. Your choice.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Herf Augur

If they're going to try to enforce this kind of stupidity then the devs should put in a feature that pops up a SPECIAL tell window, with blinking lights or whatever else, so you can't miss it.

OR, they should allow the GM to temporarily stop combat, stop the dots ticking, etc.
    Fenthen, cadres and lungbubble like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There's no "going to " involved.

They have been enforcing this for several years at this point.

:cool:
    code-zero and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Def apparently - as far as one knows or can see.

Problem being you can't actually know much or see much but please provide evidence for the rest of us to look at if you are holding on to a trove of it.

Apparently a player had an unhappy encounter with a GM. This seems more of an issue with DBGs policies then it having anything to do with a rogue GM.

While the afk checks are problematic especially if someone is boxing with no software help. Been there done that you are going non stop in battles and you cannot take time to think its fun but tiring. True boxers like that are the most likely ones to miss a tell next to someone actually afk playing so thats problematic. It is also problematic that the folks best able to answer an afk check is a player who has some sort of software helping them play either In Short Boxers or with Mud Queens and are at the keyboard.

I figure DBG is doing the best they can but this process is far from ideal regardless of which GM is handling it. GMs work for the foks at the top. The folks at the top are the ones who you need to engage with on this issue none of these discussions here will do it.

But venting is healthy so please continue.
    Gheed, cadres and lungbubble like this.
  5. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Realistically, they short staffed CS team being paid like 40k/year isn’t going to launch an extensive investigation. EQs built on the backbone of boxing, and using /say is going to produce significantly more false flags than just warping a character to a new zone. The easiest way to identify a AFK and program players is to just drag the mob away, and watch how the character responds.
    Janakin, Gheed, Winnowyl and 4 others like this.
  6. lungbubble New Member

That is not currently my experience. I'm being charged monthly. Though I've heard if you dispute a CC charge, DBG will permanently ban your account too.
    Qimble likes this.
  7. lungbubble New Member

I have been charged while suspended and it doesn't show up on my account management for the account. My account was suspended within 24 hrs of creation and authorization for payment, they didn't cancel the charge or refund it and continue to charge me monthly.
    Qimble likes this.
  8. lungbubble New Member

Wish I was being paid 40k a year to support a game.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I'm pondering if I was to order 10 pizzas, and had it delivered to daybreak location here in San Diego area, would that GM get a piece?

When Game Management talks to you, you talk back. It is an afk check/program check.
    MAYBE they want to say hi.

I would stop a raid if a GM was to show up in game to say high. LUCKY YOU!!

l was suspecious at first because in your battle spam log you did not include the GM's /say.

This brings the topic of old tabless windows. This (by default) tabless windows and 'use tell windows' to me masks the say or tell. During battle, I'm not even sure, does /say get in the battle spam? Boy that /sa would literally fly past any sight for communication from anyone on my toons. I have my /say in battle spam. I have separate windows for everything else but say.

He says /sa send a tell, you 1 second later hailed. I would suggest when you hailed him to use the /tt command and say "hi".

Just to note, try to edit your post to mask the GM's name!
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

How are you getting into account management to see these charges if your account is suspended?

I think it says something that you refuse to follow simple account security protocols to lift your suspension (per your own posts) and that refusal is resulting in you being charged (or so you say) and you refuse to do anything about that but let them keep on billing you.

SMH:confused:
    A_ranger001 and Khat_Nip like this.
  11. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I’m going to guess, they see it on the Credit or Bank statements.
    lungbubble likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I meant when he said it does not show up on his account management. How does he know it is not there?
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

GMs are enforcing policy. If the policy is producing false-positives it's likely a problem with the policy, not the person enforcing it.

Is there room for error? Could the GM be having a bad/good day which causes inconsistency in enforcement? Are the GMs picking on people?

In my 21+ years of experience with EQ, GMs generally don't pop in to investigate and AFK check random groups. I would guess they're there because something in their cheat detection flagged 1 or more people in the group, or the person/group got reported by other player(s).

So, OP - what aren't you sharing? :rolleyes:
    Nennius and Skuz like this.
  14. Loup Garou De loop de loop

No to voice tell. That is not fair to the rest of the population that does not use voice either due to computer issues, disabilities etc. Yet everyone has to be able to see the screen so something that flashes across it that is not battle spam does show up quite well.

I have my fighting stuff in one window and tells, says, game announcements, group chat in another and the general chat in yet another.

Plus even when I am in a full group with all the mercs out you kinda notice if someone else comes near. Its like "feeling" someone near you in real life.

I understand your anger at this situation but based on your responses and the name you created for this forum I think like the guy above me said - What are you leaving out? Why aren't those screen shots so its clear there is no spaces.
    Nennius likes this.
  15. lungbubble New Member

Technically, maybe I don't know its there. I don't know. It doesn't show for me, that's all I know. Its on my bank statements, but not on the account, but I'm suspended so maybe they are related in terms of showing. I don't know. Bottom line is they're continuing to charge me for an account that they aren't let me use. That sounds like theft to me.
  16. lungbubble New Member

I've had people report that its always Doex(sp?) regardless of server doing afk checks. Wonder if its just a generic GM char that actual GMs use. Someone probably did complain. Who cares? Still a horrible process and or GM who doesn't understand the gameplay.
  17. Loup Garou De loop de loop

The point he is trying to make is when you are suspended you do not have access to account management so how could you see if its there or not. How can it show or not show if you cannot even get in there?

It sounds like your saying you can get into account management but then cannot see in there if they billed you or not.

I also fail to understand why you can fix this but refuse to? And for 2 months?

Meaning of:
    cutting off one's nose to spite one's face
    To act out of pique in a way that injures oneself more than anyone else.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

lungbubble, any relation to brainfart?
    Stymie likes this.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You say potato..

This issue is about perspective. I've been boxing in EQ for nearly two decades and never been suspended. Never been AFK checked. Every petition has been answered quickly.

Is the AFK check proof someone is actually AFK? Not at all. I tend to agree that if they are going to use AFK checks as a way to determine player presence at the keyboard, it should be via /tell and not via /say.

I also believe, based on my experience and others' experience, that they don't randomly AFK check people. They're checking for a reason.

Honestly, a suspension isn't the end of the world. I hope OP decides to stay, but also understand if they choose to go.
  20. LadyQuake Lorekeeper

I never knew about the standing in a corner of zone when AFK been playing since the very first expansion. Cant had been very well advertised. Hope you don't leave, I know who your are, and you and your wife were good people grouped with alot, that don't deserve to be blamed for other cheaters faults. :mad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.