I think Norrath could use a duck.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ttobey, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Kolani Augur

I was in downtown Boise Idaho and I saw a duck. I knew the duck was lost, because ducks aren't supposed to be downtown. There's nothing for 'em there. So I went to a Subway sandwich shop. I said, "Let me have a bun."

She wouldn't sell me just the bun, she said it had to have something on it. She said it's against Subway regulations to sell just the bun. I guess the two halves aren't supposed to touch. So, I said, "All right, put some lettuce on it."

"That'll be $1.75!"

I said, "It's for a duck!"

"Oh, then it's free."

I did not know that. Ducks eat for free at Subway! Had I known that, I would have ordered a much larger sandwich. "Let me have the steak fajita sub, and don't bother ringing it up - it's for a duck! There are six ducks out there, and they all want Sun Chips!"
    code-zero, Hobitses, Zanarnar and 5 others like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Maybe when we finally get to Drinal we will be saying

[IMG]
    Hobitses and Nennius like this.
  3. Razorfall Augur

It all starts with one rubber duck
    MyShadower and Stymie like this.
  4. Lawyer Augur

This is the kind of quality content I come to the forum for.

What other underrepresented animals are missing from this game?
  5. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Sunbears.
    code-zero and Lawyer like this.
  6. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Anemones
    Lawyer and Svann2 like this.
  7. Rikantiz Lorekeeper

Haggis/Hagii
  8. Maedhros High King

9. Flatchy Court Jester

Non kicking snakes?
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Shai-Hulud

Walk without rhythm

Also Perry the Platypus would like to speak with the manager, which is totally expected.
    Hobitses and Nennius like this.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

There are no Deer, or elk, or any other members of that family.. but you can see (and get) mounted heads for walls and a mount to ride....
    Skuz likes this.
  12. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Pigeons. Lots of statuary, no pigeons crapping on them.

Gulls. In all beach areas they swoop in and snatch stat food at random intervals.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Pigeons are rats with wings. Staple wings on the rats in-game and teach the gulls to eat them. Win-win all around.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Gulls are a more horrible species than Pigeons or Rats imho I would happily exterminate every last one of them from the face of the earth. Not only do they crap over everything, rip open bins, attack people, attack other animals (seen one flying off with some kid's puppy), steal, spread disease but in cities infested with them nobody sleeps because they scream and squawk all night & all day.
  15. Grove Augur

Have you ever seen a cow? Or it could be that there are only the male bulls?
  16. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

This all sounds quite villainous. Players would certainly want to put an end to their villainy.
  17. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Thread winning idea here. Make it so. Goose moves eratically, and is immune to ranged/spell attacks. Golden egg, solid stat food common, Faberget Egg vendor trash high value rare drop.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

It could be time to open Norrath's first fast food chain. Gull Kabobs, Pigeon nuggets, Halfling burgers, etc. I don't have a name yet. Will work on that.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

McVermin
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Nice. I am considering Smedley Bell and McQuaid Jr. too. Lots to do, lots to do.
    Skuz likes this.