From an OoW Perspective (Mage & Wiz)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Avaryne, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

Once DoT revamps kick in at lvl 75 Necros blow everyone else out of the water.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Avaryne Journeyman

So, don’t cast the swarm pet often? Lol. I have rolled a mage and got her caught up to 70, working on her AA’s and such.
    Come DoN and DoDH I would like to be able to play her well enough that she has the ability to be competitive when the time comes. I only ask because I seem to recall a mage I new on FV that was pretty consistent top 5 DPS and I feel like I saw A LOT of swarm pets coming out of that guy.
  3. Mrjon3s Augur

So in DoDH you get gift of mana. You have a 10% chance everytime you cast a spell that the next spell you cast will cost 1 mana. Raging servant costs like 1650 mana on the regular but if you spam your nukes and then just cast raging servant whenever GoM is active.
    Ishbu and Avaryne like this.
  4. Avaryne Journeyman

That makes perfect sense now.
    I’ll remember that!
  5. Ishbu Augur

Burying your head in the sand doesnt make this a straw man argument, it just makes you worse for ignoring the facts.

As someone else pointed out, you should only cast the swarm pet when GoM has proc'd, and only then if the target isnt going to be AEing or dieing before the next 18 seconds.

A good mage beats a good wizard in dps in DoDH. Thats just reality. If that isnt the case for the mages you play with, they have room to grow.
  6. error Augur

On burn fights you'll probably want to be hardcasting swarm pets on cooldown unless your overall raid dps is lacking and dragging the fight out. It's by far the highest damage per cast ability mages get prior to the shock of many line, you just need to know the encounters so you know when you can trade mana efficiency for higher dps. Mana management isn't just knowing how to conserve mana but also when to effectively dump it.
  7. Maph Lorekeeper

wiz>when mobs resist less. mage>when mobs have more resists since pets do phys dmg
  8. Gheed Is not reading your response

Just roll a monk
  9. Maph Lorekeeper

zerkers are better they get dico