Enchanter AEs stunt spells used to swarm zones creating problems with other players.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by david negron, Jun 10, 2022.

1. LoLitsNeal Journeyman

Not at all. Recently saw a group of enchanters Plvling in The Hole, pulling half the zone. Trained us at one point, and made the zone almost unplayable for a normal group. Very lame.

I dont see why I would care about other people Plvling as a concept. What some of us I imagine have an issue with is when it takes place in The Hole, Chardok, Seb, where normal players want to group and play.

I doubt stopping the couple groups of abusers (Maybe 20 people?) impacts the game more than people that leave because they see this stuff and its makes half the pick unplayable and causes a poor experience. My entire group was annoyed and frustrated and I would imagine there are many many more that have seen and feel the same. They just dont post about it.

And also to those who play Enchanters. If you enjoy playing EQ, a nerf to your powerleveling method won't make you quit. If you enjoy abusing things, and quit because the Enchanter AOE target size gets nerfed, then that is a player a lot of people would probably be better without.

Shoot, make it 12 targets. The number of mobs that are being abused in these zones is ridiculously high.

This dudes name is Nothappening. I would take what he says with a grain of salt.
  2. Nebby Lorekeeper

They already tried to nerf it. What happened? These are groups just made more changes to make up for the delay
  3. LachiusTZ Lorekeeper

OP is mad jelly.

Want to know the actual solution OP?

Clear your camp. AE groups cant pull mobs that arent up. And its not worth pulling 3 mobs at a time to AE.

I just solved your problem.

Quit complaining about something that has been done for 20 years, because all you do is make it worse for casuals and more lucrative for krono farmers.
    MileyVyrus and TheStugots like this.
  4. LoLitsNeal Journeyman

lol ... what? ... Multiple people saying the enchanter AE mob farming is BETTER for casuals and worse for farmers? Hahaha, ok. I guess I am done here. Good luck forumquesters.

P.S. Lachius, why are you even here? Go to that classic server to play your unchanged game. (oh thats right, krono) I prefer updates and quality of life.
  5. Gheed Is not reading your response

I have no problem with AE Plvling but you seem confused. Anyone who is AEing in the hole atm on Yelinak is not doing ONE massive pull. They are doing constant pulls of 10-15 mobs at a time and bringing them in while bard dots kill the group slowly. Keeping your camp clear does not stop lag/trains that come with AOEing in a very popular normal exp zone.

At least know what you're talking about before making weird combative posts.

As far as the deep.. I think we can almost all agree that is not a zone anybody cares about being AOE'd.
  6. Midnitewolf Augur

Sorry but that isn't why people get upset at someone boxing an entire group. Most often it is because with that scenario you have one person consuming the content that should be available to 6 actual real people. There are only so many camps in the game. If a zone has 4 good camps, that should accommodate 24 actual people. however if a box group is sitting on 3 of the 4 camps, all of a sudden the zone is accomodating just 9 people with the remaining 15 people sitting at zone perpetually LFG.

As to the OPs topic, in my opinion a "Camp" is defined as an area or radius that a group or person can reliably control. Therefore if a group can handle the whole damn zone, that is their camp. That being said, just because your group can control the whole zone, doesn't mean the whole zone is your camp if other people were there before you. One of the biggest things that annoys me is when I am in a great group, rocking and rolling, fast pulling mobs only to have some other group come in and encroach upon our area of control and take half the Mobs we had control over. People really need to respect other people camps. If you come in and someone is swarming the whole zone, go to another zone or pick. If you have established camps and they come in an try to swarm the whole zone, they need to go to another zone or pick.

One thing I will say is that you can't always control the pathing that a mob takes. Sometimes they will take off into the netherworld doing an entire circuit of the zone before ambushing you 10 mins later. Just because a mob or mobs decide to do this doesn't mean you were trained. If the puller isn't physically running through the center of your camp dragging mobs behind, you haven't been trained, rather you were an unfortunate victim of poor pathing. If this is occuring, you might want to adapt to your environment and find a place out of the pathing lanes.
  7. Captain Video Augur

There are no camps in EQ. Everything is a DPS race. It's in the rules. I didn't write the rules, so don't flame the messenger. Players need to beat their heads against the wall until they grasp this concept.

In the PNP days, there were no picks, so nobody could ever expect to get an entire zone to themselves. If your group was killing stuff undisturbed, fine, enjoy it, but you could never tell a GM you claimed the entire zone for yourselves. This expectation didn't arrive until after the /pick system was introduced, and IMHO the twisted logic has gotten out of hand. It takes a lot more bodies than a group of six to force open a new pick, so you shouldn't be telling some other group just like yours that they have no other option. Two roughly equal groups in a zone = you share. You talk to them and work it out. If one group is noticeably stronger and decide to be jerks about it, that's unfortunately sometimes part of the game too, and so it's your group who should consider moving for the sake of keeping the peace. Rinse repeat on the wall beating if necessary.

As always, if they train you, have your recording software armed and ready, and then report them with the video evidence. This should get them a week's worth of wall-beating to help balance things out.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Muramx Augur

This and it's the real reason "most" people jump to a new TLP when one comes out. yeah some people jump because they like the "classic era." but most jump because early EQ is easy mode.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

I agree with you, but a relatively decent sized group of people consider the challenge to be other people. They are only happy trying to be haves while ensuring others are have-nots. They will train, cheat and bully their way around the classic game and once instances become the norm they will leave and go someplace else. That's their "Challenge".
  10. Gnothappening Augur

Record anyone training you and get them banned. Please. But also stop calling for nerfs.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

Real people? What matters for the sake of the game is active accounts. Also, we have pick so lack of camps is a horrible argument.
    Appren likes this.
  12. Midnitewolf Augur

I am talking about common courtesy. That was the entire point about camps back in the day. You claim a camp and it was generally respected by all. Also reputation was extremely important back then when you only had one character at it took so much longer to level a character. You really did not want to get a bad reputation. Now someone could probably powerlevel a character to max level in a day or so.

As to picks, I actually said picks or zones. The distinction is that they are going somewhere else to hunt. There are tons and tons of under utilized zones in the game. You got to LGuk and find people AoE'ing the zone, you need to look for another pick. No pick available? Go to another zone entirely. Sure you may not be able to camp a SSoY, SMR or Guise but you can still go to another zone and get XP and other drops there that are level appropriate. I mean complaining about a party AoE'ing a zone is about the same as complaining that all the good camping spots in LGuk already having a full party at them. It ends up the same situation, you wait for a spot or camp or go find somewhere else to hunt.

Or I guess you can be a jerk and do whatever you can get away with to make a group leave your preferred spot but then you have to expect that right back at you.
  13. ForumNugget Journeyman

A loud minority already called for enchanter stun nerfs and the nerfs happened.

The result? They made things harder for the average player and things easier for the cheaters and RMTers because they can just run software and get more enchanters to overcome the problem, while the average person can't.

Zone disruption and constant training are definitely frustrating, but nerfs aren't the solution. The best solution is to record them and a ticket on the website and link the video. I've done it before, and it worked. It's not a guarantee, but it's still the best solution.

So, stop calling for nerfs because it usually makes the game worse or less fun for the average player.
  14. Appren Gnomercy

Six boxes or six players pay the same sub, I can't see why one should have more "right" to game content than the other.
    BearBuddy and Skuz like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is more about the groups that take all the content leaving none for anyone else.
  16. Appren Gnomercy

For some people yes, but there are several in this thread that just hate on boxers even those that play "fair"
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Prepared Lorekeeper

I wish I had some stunt spells in real life! I'd be flipping over backwards but can't do that any more. old but not obsolete...
    Stymie and Skuz like this.
  18. LachiusTZ Lorekeeper

Your reading comprehension sucks.

The NERFS hurt casuals, and helped farmers.

Prior to the nerfs, a single ench could get a spot in an AE group, a single whatever could as a puller, etc.

Now, those groups dont exist, because it takes 5+ enchanters, not 2 or 3. So you need a full group OUTSIDE of the exp group.

Public schools really did you wrong.
  19. LachiusTZ Lorekeeper

Was talking about the person re: Lguk . . . as it was getting pulled in like 2 massive trains. Because the entire zone was up.

Which is the zone we were talking about.

Same for the Hole too tbh. AE groups cant get the value if they have to pull 3-5 mobs at a time. The value is in the massive pulls, the massive AE dps etc.

Keep your camp clear, keep teh zone despawned and dead, and there are no AE groups.

OR, and this is just a thought . . . OR . . .

Get a few buddies, roll up a 6 wiz group, and grief them off the server.

Or complain like a woman and do nothing.
  20. Stymie Pendragon

I remember when AE power-leveling groups became a thing. I also remember the "stunts" they would pull to get nearly all the mobs in a zone, while leaving everyone else kicking dirt.

I don't think there will ever be a day when I will feel remorse for this group of people, especially when it comes to game design changes making it harder to monopolize content.
    Hobart123 likes this.