suspended while actively playing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by withStupid, Jun 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. code-zero Augur

See that part I bolded? that's a flag that tells me not to believe anything you've said

that's a scum move only done by scum
    zleski and Loup Garou like this.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Nah, they’re saying that they’ll dispute the upcoming charge on their card. During the suspension, they don’t have access to their Account Management page to cancel the billing that will occur in 2 days.

It’s fair. It’s pretty scummy to lock people out of their account management tool.

I would suggest a ticket to that account or contact the the Credit Card/Bank to block the charge.
    Fenthen, Gheed, Elskidor and 4 others like this.
  3. LesserArchi Elder

It appears this does not sound too good GM communicating with player.
    I could be in same situation if someone try to communicate in say. I put other stuff in there like group chat/ my spells, etc. in that tab.

This is not relevant, but it looks like someone has reported you for camping the quest mobs.
    Someone must have tried to do the quest and couldn't do it, I guess.

If not mistaken, I camped that spot near the zoneline earlier in ToL expansion.
    I've noticed someone was jumping up and down trying to get my attention. Had conversation with that person and he needed the quest mobs, so I let him thru.

Other time someone just took over the camp, so I just left the spot after that.
    lungbubble likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I got a court summons. I didn't show up. I was found guilty of all charges.

I was sad. :(
    zleski and code-zero like this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

#1 billing on suspended accounts is also suspended during that time. He will not be charged. Per the old CL Roxxlyy
    Any account that gets suspended or banned automatically has any recurring payment options cancelled.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...al-concern-with-the-suspensions.246261/page-3

#2 that charge back will result in a permanent ban - EQ does not take charge backs lightly.
    code-zero and Skrab like this.
  6. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Good to know, but that’s from 4 years ago and an ownership change. While, the policy may not have changed, customers should still be able to reach their account management tool.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I have yet to see a post from anyone saying they were charged while suspended. And there have been a boat load of suspensions in the last 6 months.

If they had access to account management then they could change the info and file fraud charges saying someone else stole their account. Or buy a lot of krono/dbc. They have to suspend that too to block anything else on the account.
    Skrab likes this.
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Solid explanation, thank you.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. withStupid New Member

i did not have to charge back, my credit card allowed me to block their next billing attempt, which is in 2 days.

A scum maneuver is to not allow a customer to log into their account to opt out of the next billing cycle. Which is what Daybreak does.

NO dispute will be necessary, the charge simply is now blocked.

But i did have to explain to my card I could not access my account to do the pre-emptive remove recurring cycle action.

The credit card company said they did expect me to contact the company to resolve. But as we can see, communication is one way. No response to ticket, no response to this thread. No way to log in. So they were cool with the block. I will log in next week to officially remove the card data, so i don't get start getting billed after the block time. Which is like 4 or 6 years.

There is no other way to work with them outside of the ticket system afaik, no phone number.
    Fenthen and lungbubble like this.
  10. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Not only that...it is on a forum...the employee is no longer here thus no longer showing in red and this information is in response to some other event that triggered suspensions. Hopefully they provide this information to you via an email when they suspend your account. If not, it just serves as another highlight for the company's poor communication.

This player is presenting logs but I have been told the one time I submitted a petition concerning raid loot disappearing, they usually do not accept player logs in these matters. I petitioned concerning a piece of raid loot that had vanished from my inventory from the night before. I provided the logs, received the canned response, I pushed back with could they accept the logs if the external loot tool showed it along with several other player's logs? If not, it's fine, I just need to explain to the guild what happened and go from there to get the loot again some other day.

OP probably could have messaged Accendo to get further but this sounds like it starts with a silly way to do an AFK check. If they are truly doing checks this way because of bots, I doubt a decent bot designed to circumvent the rules is going to miss the check regardless of the channel used.

Telling the OP how they do AFK checks is something that is known for more than 5 years is fine for veterans. For new/returning players this is kind of odd unless you are teaching them what to expect in the tutorial or putting up some messages upon logging in that inform them how this all works. Why couldn't they just use their super GM powers to move the player out of the zone on the first offense and wait a certain amount of time for them to have a reaction, or not, if the say doesn't work?
    lungbubble likes this.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think it would be easy for a GM to make himself eyecatching and visible in a way that a non-afk player would notice, but a bot would fail. How about appearing as gigantic dragon or something, I don't think anybody would miss that. Or something like that "free hugs"-video a few years back...:)
    I am sure a GM could come with an AFK-test that has fewer false positives.

A good AFK-test just needs to do something the bot can't detect.

An AFK-test is supposed to bust botters, not test response-time on /say for real players in hectic combat.
    /say is easy to miss, even the GM himself missed the /say response this time around.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Some people feel the need to advertise their mistakes & errors, I'm not one of them.

Player logs are never accepted because they can easily be edited by the suspended player to show basically anything they want.
    Posting them on a forum is 100% irrelevant for that very reason.

Server-Side logs are always the ones used and this entire debate is pointless because no player can help you here, none of us have access to server-side logs, we can argue semantics all day long but the way that the GM conduct themselves is in strict accordance to company procedures they have established as satisfactory for the task.

I don't think that the failure to respond is the only evidence that leads to a suspension either, other behaviours will be observed & the GM are experienced enough to spot things that are in clear contravention that would support a suspension.

And at the end of teh day a suspension is not a ban, it is a slap on the wrist, you can choose to learn from that or you can go on a massive hissy fit & throw your baby out with the bath water, your choice.
  13. Tevik Augur

Working painfully hard support an action that was clearly over the line here, dude.
    A_ranger001, Qimble, Kaenneth and 2 others like this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Painfully hard?

That was pretty close to a zero effort response.

If you are so certain that the GM was over the line do you have evidence to back it up or are you just accepting the case presented by a disgruntled player at face value?

If it is the latter you may be making a huge mistake, people cheat all the damn time.
    Stymie and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  15. withStupid New Member

So, no investigation. Just another dumb GM doing dumb things.

Laters.

```Justin "Woebot" C (Daybreak Games)
    Jun 17, 2022, 10:04 AM PDT
    Greetings,

After reviewing your case it appears the account in question has been suspended for 7 days for unattended game play. We are confident in our findings and the account was not suspended in error.

Players are required to respond to a GM at any point while a character appears to be active in-game. If you need to be away from the computer, we advise parking your character in an empty corner of the zone, or logging out.

Please take care to abide by our policies when the suspension has lifted, as additional violations of this nature may result in further account action.

Sincerely,
    Lead GM Woebot```
    lungbubble likes this.
  16. Tevik Augur

GMs are apparently terrible at their job as well, but you just accept them at their word. I'm familiar with this player and the situation, and he wouldn't be here if it was justified.
    Qimble, Hobitses and lungbubble like this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would happily dispute the claim GM are terrible at their job.

I've had plenty of interactions with them over more than a decade & honestly I've never seen one act anything but fair, I did not get the help I asked for on plenty of occasions but the explanations made sense.

If I thought they were rubbish I would definitely say so, but they are not.
  18. Tevik Augur

Literally just suspended a player who will probably now quit playing EQ because they don't read /say.
    Seems pretty rubbish to me.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The investigation was already done, and was why you got suspended, what you are asking for is an appeal for a 7 day suspension.

Good luck with that.
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's up to the player, they have been presented with a choice of taking a few days off they hadn't planned for or completely quitting because they feel they have been treated unfairly.

Nobody is forcing them to quit, they are choosing to quit if they do.

I think a suspension is a reasonable action for suspected AFK play in the first instance.
    And they are now fully-equipped with the knowledge of how to avoid this happening in the future, should they continue to play after their suspension expires.

That's not a GM being terrible at their job, that's a GM just DOING their job.

We have players constantly saying GM do not deal with AFK players & when they do they are terrible at being GM......

Can't be on both sides of this argument.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.