New overseer agents and quests

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by mewkus, Jun 15, 2022.

1. mewkus Augur

Are the new agents obtainable via conversion of lower rank agents or from recruiting quests, or do they require marketplace (i.e. RL dollars) to obtain? Will the seasonal quests be completable without those agents (if they do cost RL dollars)? Will the quest rewards be modified/tailored to seasonal things?
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

specific Recruit quests, possibly marketplace
    Hobitses likes this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm still confused as to whether new agents are actually in game or we need to wait until next month. The patch message does nothing to clarify that.

If they're actually in game, is there a list of the new agents somewhere?
    Fenthen and CatsPaws like this.
  4. Windance Augur

If they are in game and you really want to dig them up, then head to your EQ folder > uifiles > default > overseer and look at the agent pics.
    Iven likes this.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

Mixed feelings about overseer and the agents.

Seems like a lot of these quests are specific to certain agents and theres so much variety of best in slot.

So some of these ELITE agents, they aren't the best. (like if you have an elite but your level for quests is 2, elite probably isn't the best, if those levels are 5 they probably the best.)
    Basically these elites aren't that special because of this. And still can't use duplicates.
    They probably made the new quests specific to the new elites, so
    probably get like a Troll godlike Angry quest Best in Slot
    Well Firona vie aint none of that, very bad choice
    All this NEW overseer does is make more quests where you don't get a good % because you don't have these new agents yet.
    Rewards? Probably same as usual, nothing special. So more overseer agents, peoples % goes down and rewards remain the same. Doesn't sound like something to look forward too. These Overseer Agents collecting them doesn't really do anything outside of Overseer too.

This is as time goes on and more and more quest sand more variety and say a returning player comes and they haven't been stockpiling on every agent and have to deal with this.

Also, some races don't have any, I believe drakkin doesn't have any agents, thinking erudite doesn't have any agents too. Sure are a lot of gnomes and orcs though.

They remade Blackburrow several times and Crushbone was never remade.
    Yet theres more orcs than gnolls. Fippy thats it. While orcs you got trainer, crush, and legionarre. Don't have anyone from Blackburrow.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

1. That just shows there are new files in the folder, not that they're actually being used in game right now. (I count 14 new images, btw)

2. Those images don't give the ranks of the agents, so no way to tell if they're commons, uncommons, rares, or elites.

Again, I go back to my original quesiton: are they live or do we have to wait until July? I asked that in the Test Update thread and got no answer.
  7. Riou EQResource

Yes they are in game, but they probably wont rotate until Scorched Skies, Yes, there is a list with their Jobs (not their Traits though I suppose that might not be too bad to do as well)
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Well, if they can't currently be acquired, then as far as I'm concerned, that's not actually "in game."
    cadres, Yinla, Fanra and 2 others like this.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

The new quests should roll in with the new Scorched Skies event. They might be temporary only. Recruited agents will stay but might be not that usefull inbetween the SS events.

Spoiler:
    I definetly would had prefered a revamped and fixed Overseer system instead that does not grant PC experience which was the worst invention ever in EQ history. People now play Overseer only instead of EQ and everything is so dead. They are killing their own game with it, how stupid is that ?
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

New agents any idea what level these agents will be Rare Uncommon? I still want Super Elites i got alot i could convert lol.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sometimes it's just a matter of opinion, but this is just plain wrong.

You can't "play" Overseer for more than 5 minutes, max 4 times a day if you're only doing 6 hour quests.

So, what exactly were these players doing with this huge block of time, which they're not doing now?
  12. Iven the Lunatic

The huge amount of experience that can be granted by Overseer and daily quests does not motivate to do anything else as it would be unefficient. Many players just do Overseer/daily and might burn LotD and buy a Krono every few years for being able to buy the overpriced new spells and combat abilities. There is no need for defeating mobs or doing quests at all for leveling up a PC which I do see as a broken game concept. Expensive dev time does get invested into developing stuff like zones, mobs, quests, lore and loot which is basically obsolete if the players only use Overseer. Even if the players do not only use Overseer to level up it does partially make many of those things obsolete to some point. Playing Overseer does eat into a play time budget and MMO content. It does also destroy the multiplayer concept even further which is the core of an MMO. Overseer currently is a cannibalizing self-destruction mechanism that is boring the players to death.

Yeah, because players do fall asleep then.

Just a mix of everything. Like usuall most will be common agents and the higher ones will be just... less common.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  13. Riou EQResource

Pretty sure you can't convert to the new ones
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Nobody doing this ever actually played Everquest before. If there's anyone actually doing this. Which I doubt there is.

And if there is, here's why.... they used to take breaks (a couple months, a year, whatever), and unsub, and not log in at all. Now, they may figure they can do what you describe during those periods in life when they're too busy to "play", but hey, they can still make some progress.

But you aren't short any potential group-mates, because the people who do this normally wouldn't be playing at all.
  15. CrazyLarth Augur

when is this active on TEST I am thinking of logging over and seeing what is what
    and does that overseer TEST effect LIVE since Overseer is by ACT.
  16. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I just don’t understand the point of Overseer outside of being a tool to deliver Daily log-in rewards.

The marketplace integration is poorly done.
    There’s no purpose behind leveling up.
    There’s no gameplay involved.
    The in-game vendor has nothing interesting.

It’s like a half finished idle game that should just be abandoned.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Stop overthinking it. You understand it perfectly :)
  18. Paladin Augur

From Patch Notes:

*** Overseer ***

- New Agents and Quests for Scorched Skies
    - - Several new agents specific to the Scorched Skies event are coming to Overseer in July.
    - - A new line of event quests are also coming in July, featuring new job and trait combinations exclusive to the new event agents. These can be earned as rewards for completing the quests.
    - New Overseer Event Agent Packs will be available during seasonal events.
    - - The Scorched Skies Pack, available on the marketplace in July.
    - - The Nights of the Dead Pack, available on the marketplace in October.
    - - The Frostfell Pack, available on the marketplace in December.
    - - These packs each grant 12 agents belonging to their respective events.
    Hobitses likes this.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

1. Easy collectibles.
    2. Easy materials for stat food.
    3. Easy merc AA (post 110)
    4. Easy leveling for alts, especially during bonus xp periods.

If you don't understand the usefulness of these things, then I can't help you.
    Wdor, Yinla, Hobitses and 2 others like this.
  20. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Yes, those are what I referred to as Daily Log-in Bonuses, as they present no challenge or skill requirement other than mouse clicks and a RNG roll to determine your final reward.

The Overseer system presents no beneficial addition to the game that couldn’t be replaced by a Daily Bonus choice between the existing Overseer categories. Even the marketplace integrations fail, as there isn’t an incentive to purchase agents or complete tasks early because it results in a higher failure rate.