Best patch in the history of EQ.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Branntick, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Branntick Augur

I don't know whose idea this was, but you are a god to me.

- Removed the minimum level requirement to use /autoskill.
    Koshk, klanderso, Appren and 2 others like this.
  2. Brontus EQ Player Activist

I agree! I box melee classes and this change is very much welcomed. :)
  3. Arclyte Augur

please add disarm to autoskill
  4. Branntick Augur

Yes, please.
  5. Aenoan Augur

Oh yes please on the disarm. What petition do I need to sign to get this to happen.
    Could we also get a range increase on it? Because being able to slam and bash but having to move pretty much inside a npc to disarm feels bad.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

7. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Dear Devs,

Want to win friends and influence people with one weird trick?

Every monthly patch should have at least one quality of life enhancement. Your loyal players really appreciate them and you'd get far less grief and more respect from the players if you showed this kind of goodwill.
    Aenoan likes this.
  8. Triconix Augur

They mostly do already. Not sure what you're talking about.
  9. Branntick Augur

I'm almost certain that the reason these changes made it through is because of Vaniki, moreso than some random good will. A server that starts post-PoP but doesn't have autoskill which is tied to that expansion (via the level 61 req) probably led to a lot of complaints.

I'm personally not a fan of Vaniki's ruleset, but this change is a positive thing that inadvertently came about as a result of that ruleset.

The answer is clearly to lobby for more wacky TLP rulesets to get QOL changes on normal TLPs.

That said, let's not poo on the devs for a much needed QOL change.

P.S.: Let's get rid of Battle Ready and Eyes Wide Open and bake them into the core game.
  10. TheAgenda Augur

I wouldn’t call it “wacky” but I’d say TSS start would be a great one to lobby for!

Also 100% agree on eyes wide open
  11. Cainen Augur

Lets bake /pet hold into all pet classes PLEASE. This would be a HUGE QOL for Classic - Velious.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

"not a combat skill"

piffle.

Certainly not a shopping skill.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

lol showing the xtar window with false positives of bogus health bars in it until an arbitrary level 20 is silly.
    I must have answered this question to utterly p[uzzled noobs many times.

Why/ Just why?

It's either tied to an expansion, or it is QoL

Level 20 isn't an expansion.

Just stop the silliness over this.

(and at least my autoattack doesn't automatically shut off every time I pick a new mob for 10 levels anymor because that was dumb too.)

and hey, you still can't copylayout in the tutorial unless you /say ready to Leave to Arias, hot PoK /copylayout and go back BUT UI_playername_servername IS STORED LOCALLY!

Everquest wants to be CERTAIN you know how crappy the UI is, even if you've improved the layoiut already yourself.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

lol showing the xtar window with false positives of bogus health bars in it until an arbitrary level 20 is silly.

Why/ Just why?

(and at least my autoattack doesn't automatically shut off every time I pick a new mob for 10 levels anymor because that was dumb too.)

and hey, you still can't copylayout in the tutorial unless you /say ready to Leave to Arias, hot PoK /copylayout and go back BUT UI_playername_servername IS STORED LOCALLY!

Everquest wants to be CERTAIN you know how crappy the UI is, even if you've improved the layoiut already yourself.
  15. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Why/ Just why?

16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I posted the 1st post and it returned an error saying it timed out and I should repost it, I did and... now there's 3 of them and NO delete post option (still)
  17. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

the roleplay that a minion could be tamed or even summoned from another dimension to accompany you by your side until death apparently CAN NOT include STAY HERE or DON'T FIGHT ANYTHING.

Makes perfect sense?
  18. Triconix Augur

You've never watched a movie, read a book, played a game, in which the character summons something they cannot control? Isn't that like a popular theme for many horror movies? It isn't some crazy out-of-the-ordinary idea.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

but I can tell it to attack stuff. even qattack stuff.

It also makes newer players without AAs pariahs trying to get to some places.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Autoskill was nice.

Disarm is almost useless at this point, it really only helped on old PVP servers anyway.