Modern server without boxing?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Noobnoob, Apr 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeno of Citium New Member

Waring McMarrin! There's a name from the past that I remember fondly. Anyway, it doesn't upset me that people want to limit boxing, but it does puzzle me. It strikes me as authoritarian and anti-social. You don't like it, so you want to impose your will on the rest of us. I haven't read a single argument that amounted to anything more than anecdote and emotionalism. Nothing approaching a cogent and sound criticism. Besides that, I'm for letting people do as they will as long as they're not harming anyone else. I box because it's about the only way I can progress and enjoy the game. Now, if you can produce some verifiable evidence that you're harmed by that (and by harmed I mean actual harm, not your offended Karenness) then I'll apologize. Otherwise, you might want to consider live and let live as a motto.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I'm going to guess that almost all of the other people who have ISP issue are using similar garbage ISP provided internet security packages.
  3. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Removing it altogether would be a change. *mindblown*
  4. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Yes. It can.
  5. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Maybe, but it would be easier and more cost effective to just cancel the accounts of the people who demand it.
  6. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

See? You're critical thinking is engaged so quickly.
  7. Ryanxp Augur

We should be able to dislike comments. Not this comment though, this one I like...

I remember the inevitable downfall of my time with EQ, around 2002 LDoN expansion, when finding a group, even as a cleric, took days. It was around the time WoW came out. Yes, I believe there was General chat, there was Plane of Knowledge, but even finding a group as a 65 cleric became fleeting. Nobody boxed back in those days, it was three cheers to the wind TLP, without the server pop and it was utterly tragic (EQ2 just came out as well).

To anyone complaining about boxing, I wish you would expand your horizons or let it be without animosity. I mean, you can solo Frontier Mountains on many classes at 110, but who would want to? Painfully slow. Not to mention the latest expansions, ToV - ToL, some of those fights can take 5 - 10 minutes (grouped! [maybe I'm overexaggerating a little, but not really]). I wouldn't want you to suddenly see the light, make love not war, smile not hate; I would want honest understanding to someone else who decides to play a different playstyle.

I get it. It can be a sore subject with people upset over the unfairness. How can 1 person who plays 1 account compete with 1 person who plays 2, or 6? I'd like to leave the question open-ended, as I can only assume this is the gravity of complaints. But there is a plethora of reasons why people start boxing and another open-ended, double-edged sword reason why people will never box.

Just my 2 cents
    CatsPaws likes this.
  8. code-zero Augur

What, remove Krono? DPG has absolutely no motivation at all to remove Krono from any server ever. The entire rational for opening yearly TLP's includes boosting Krono sales. You may as well learn to love Krono and thank Daybreak for inventing the concept which allowed for the steady stream of TLP servers
    Skuz and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  9. pointman192 New Member

I'm surprised anyone would be anti-box. Every boxer I know pays for their accounts. It puts more people in the world, more chances to group, keeps EQ funded, and solves a problem for people who don't have a lot of time (4+ hours lfg and logoff). I don't see a downside.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

Does that get a "Mind Blown"?;)
  11. R3North70 New Member

I know some people use programs that control their other accounts and 'mage swarm' etc and that I admit is unfair to other players. I've been the guy that cant get a mob because of the swarm. However, people that play a character and box a healer or tank all accounts personally played shouldn't be punished. I have a second account that I use to play when I cannot find a group, or to buff myself when I cannot find buffs etc. I really don't sere why that should bother anyone. Especially on Tunare all the people that have come to me and sat in one spot and got cleric, chanty, shaman and druid buffs
  12. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

"Every boxer I know"... you're focused on a particular group only. Plenty of people hate bot scammers farming items to sell for loot rights and expect krono for it. I know, I know... not all boxers are running third party program bot-boxers, but all bot-boxers are running third party programs. They lock down SolB special interest items and numerous other locations. Its not hard to police this but, I can see a small team constantly allowing this to continue because ThEy DoN't HaVe TeH ReSoUrCeS.
  13. Flatchy Court Jester

Basically its your whole condescending attitude as you preach your perfect world scenario. You come and go so not to be taken seriously. It must only be a BLAST discussing things when people agree with you because otherwise out comes your misplaced Dime store Dr. Phil assessments.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Timmyboi likes this.
  15. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.